Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

They are also making a push for other highly touted Big Men in 2015. Who they have prioritized higher then TB according to Francis who I trust.
priorities change, and as great as Francis is, he is not in Coach Cal's inner circle

from all we have read & heard, we are still the favorite, but Cal certainly has the ability to make us sweat. remember, we were supposedly in the driver's seat for NN & DC and only came away with one of them. Hell, put Anthony Davis in there, too, although we fell behind earlier in the process. When the Big Blue Nation puts its focus on a player, things tend to change.

priorities change, and as great as Francis is, he is not in Coach Cal's inner circle

from all we have read & heard, we are still the favorite, but Cal certainly has the ability to make us sweat. remember, we were supposedly in the driver's seat for NN & DC and only came away with one of them. Hell, put Anthony Davis in there, too, although we fell behind earlier in the process. When the Big Blue Nation puts its focus on a player, things tend to change.
The time to get worried about T Bryant is if WWW meets with him and his mom. That's the real offer point. Nobody turns down WWW.

The time to get worried about T Bryant is if WWW meets with him and his mom. That's the real offer point. Nobody turns down WWW.

The only man who could control Ron Artest.

GQfeature9v.jpg

The biggest question right now is if Bryant's interest in UK is real, will he wait to make a decision knowing 47 other C/F recruits have been offered as well? Decision could come soon...

From what I'm hearing UK thinks they're in good shape with Stephen Zimmerman. Zimmerman doesn't seem to be in any hurry to announce as I'm sure everybody that's interested in UK will wait until after the season to see who goes and stays. If Thon Maker does the inevitable and reclassifies to 2015, then that's another scenario to look out for as Cal watched him play on Sunday after checking out Newman/Bryant the day before.

Also remember Bryant is also considering Mizzou, who UK is playing on his visit. So it gives him the opportunity to check out both programs that he's considering.

From what I'm hearing UK thinks they're in good shape with Stephen Zimmerman. Zimmerman doesn't seem to be in any hurry to announce as I'm sure everybody that's interested in UK will wait until after the season to see who goes and stays. If Thon Maker does the inevitable and reclassifies to 2015, then that's another scenario to look out for as Cal watched him play on Sunday after checking out Newman/Bryant the day before.

They all have to wait till the Spring.

Kentucky has a class of 3 already.

And 12 players on scholarship right now. Of those Towns, and Cauley-Stein are for sure likely headed to the NBA. Maybe Lyles.

Who else. They also need more scholarships to open up too.

They all have to wait till the Spring.

Kentucky has a class of 3 already.

And 12 players on scholarship right now. Of those Towns, and Cauley-Stein are for sure likely headed to the NBA. Maybe Lyles.

Who else. There gonna also need more scholarships to open up too.

They have 10 guys who could get drafted! It won't be an issue. Not that all ten will leave and get drafted but certainly 5 or more will.

They have 10 guys who could get drafted! It won't be an issue. Not that all ten will leave and get drafted but certainly 5 or more will.

Agreed. After their yearly exodus of players to the NBA, you'd expect UK to have room for Bryant plus at least a couple more of the bigs they're looking at. The thing is, if he goes there he's going to face a pretty similar frontcourt logjam as what we'll (potentially) have next year. I mean, it's not like Cal can promise him 30+ minutes a game next year, with all the other bodies they have to get on the court. I have to wonder if our NCAA investigation - and the specter of sanctions -- is a bigger factor than PT in Bryant's decision. Which is why it is KILLING ME that we have no news on that front yet. Based on the rumors last week, I thought we'd hear something by now. Talk about waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Agreed. After their yearly exodus of players to the NBA, you'd expect UK to have room for Bryant plus at least a couple more of the bigs they're looking at. The thing is, if he goes there he's going to face a pretty similar frontcourt logjam as what we'll (potentially) have next year. I mean, it's not like Cal can promise him 30+ minutes a game next year, with all the other bodies they have to get on the court. I have to wonder if our NCAA investigation - and the specter of sanctions -- is a bigger factor than PT in Bryant's decision. Which is why it is KILLING ME that we have no news on that front yet. Based on the rumors last week, I thought we'd hear something by now. Talk about waiting for the other shoe to drop...
That's why Mama Bryant wasn't too excited about UK. Remember she said her son needed to be focused on his game and not worrying about what platoon he's going to be on lol. When it comes to possible sanctions and scholarships numbers here, it's one of the main reasons why I can't fault TB for doing his due diligence and playing the field. Hopkins is a great recruiter, but I'm sure even he at this point can't guarantee anything when communicating with the Bryant family about how things will eventually shake out with our issues.

That's why Mama Bryant wasn't too excited about UK. Remember she said her son needed to be focused on his game and not worrying about what platoon he's going to be on lol. When it comes to possible sanctions and scholarships numbers here, it's one of the main reasons why I can't fault TB for doing his due diligence and playing the field. Hopkins is a great recruiter, but I'm sure even he at this point can't guarantee anything when communicating with the Bryant family about how things will eventually shake out with our issues.

Mama Bryant knows what's up.

Absolutely love the back and forth between this two competitors. Great stuff, both Malik and TB.
Newman is a big time trash talker. I never mind that as long as it's in a fun gesture and you can back it up. When he went up against Jamal Murray, he was giving him buckets early and often in the beginning and letting Murray and his team have it. During crunch time Murray took over and it was hilarious at the end to see the roles get reverse and now it was Murray talking all the junk and Newman just had to take it quietly lol.

I know this is getting ridiculous

I remember hearing something about how schools that go through an NCAA investigation like this get an appeal period once the findings are released to the school. Maybe we're in that appeal period now? If that's true, it would make sense that we wouldn't hear anything, as neither the NCAA nor SU would comment until things were finalized. God, this process is agonizing.

I remember hearing something about how schools that go through an NCAA investigation like this get an appeal period once the findings are released to the school. Maybe we're in that appeal period now? If that's true, it would make sense that we wouldn't hear anything, as neither the NCAA nor SU would comment until things were finalized. God, this process is agonizing.
thats funny you said that because I just asked the same question about the appeal holding things up in a another thread...lol Great minds think alike but I think that just might be the case about the appeal

thats funny you said that because I just asked the same question about the appeal holding things up in a another thread...lol Great minds think alike but I think that just might be the case about the appeal
Wait, wait, wait! You guys are forgetting the one thing not yet discussed. I am sure the NCAA is figuring out how to appeal our appeal.
Dear NCAA,
You've got your head up your....
head_up_your_ass2.jpg

You should feel bad.

Ok but I guess you're replying and quoting me by mistake because I never referenced anything to your post.:noidea:
It's the old double reply. I know this route. At one point, he probably wanted to reply to you, never did and then when he replied to another post, your quote came along for the ride. It's "cached" in the edit window sometimes. I get super garbled when I do this multiple times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom