Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Word on the street at the High School OT Invite was that Thon Maker wants to be a dukie.

Bryants taking an official to UK according to Borzello. Is this already his 3rd trip down there?

Bryants taking an official to UK according to Borzello. Is this already his 3rd trip down there?
Something like that. This would be his first official visit though. Another interesting note is that Thon Maker's guardian has told media folks that it's pretty much a done deal he's heading into 2015. Maker is also very high on UK's list.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 2m2 minutes ago
Syracuse basketball target Thomas Bryant, playing at Hoophall Classic, says decision likely in March http://ow.ly/HwKnB

"And also, who they have and who I want to play with. That's one big thing I want to see. Who's still going to be there and who really wants to play with me and whether I want to play with them. I want to see who's still there, if anybody's graduating or going to the NBA Draft."

This could either work out really well in our favor, if everyone at Kentucky goes pro, or really poorly if they don't.

Also...his decision will come in March. By then, we'll know what's going on in terms of 1) sanctions and 2) who will or won't be on the roster, in terms of potential transfers, etc.

I see hes taking his official to UK...didnt realize the 4 other recent trips were unofficial. Cal really wants him and most of their redneck fans don't even know who he is. I realize they have other bigs on their radar, but its definite that TB is gaining momentum. Yippee right?

jekelish said:
Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 2m2 minutes ago Syracuse basketball target Thomas Bryant, playing at Hoophall Classic, says decision likely in March http://ow.ly/HwKnB "And also, who they have and who I want to play with. That's one big thing I want to see. Who's still going to be there and who really wants to play with me and whether I want to play with them. I want to see who's still there, if anybody's graduating or going to the NBA Draft." This could either work out really well in our favor, if everyone at Kentucky goes pro, or really poorly if they don't. Also...his decision will come in March. By then, we'll know what's going on in terms of 1) sanctions and 2) who will or won't be on the roster, in terms of potential transfers, etc.

My initial thought was that March was a little early since the Kentucky kids will still be playing.

We'll probably be done, for obvious reasons, but will some of our potential transfers (or even McCullough declaring) have decided by then?

My initial thought was that March was a little early since the Kentucky kids will still be playing.

We'll probably be done, for obvious reasons, but will some of our potential transfers (or even McCullough declaring) have decided by then?

Which leads me to believe that he is ours if we make room for him.

So if after Bryant's official to UK, WWW( of Creative Artists Agency which BTW reps Cal) meets with the Bryants and makes a verbal promise that he will receive a $1 million sneaker endorsement contract upon leaving UK and entering the NBA...does he take it and commit to UK?

So if after Bryant's official to UK, WWW( of Creative Artists Agency which BTW reps Cal) meets with the Bryants and makes a verbal promise that he will receive a $1 million sneaker endorsement contract upon leaving UK and entering the NBA...does he take it and commit to UK?
I think he's got a lot of passion for the game. In the end, he would do what it takes to make the NBA and a living playing basketball somewhere. He could probably get this from either school, but again, what it takes to get there. If this is UK, so be it. We still have a shot either way.

Just another reason why I want to see Dajuan get healthy/ succeed and make it to the NBA. Someone who had already went down that road and said no thanks.

Everyone always says that Cal puts guys in the NBA, of course he does. They come out of high school as top 25 recruits, any coach would put them in the NBA. I think them making it to the NBA has more to do with the player than with Cal. Without doing research I don't think there are many of his players in the NBA that were not top 25 out of high school. I still say Bryant is ours if we find room.

Everyone always says that Cal puts guys in the NBA, of course he does. They come out of high school as top 25 recruits, any coach would put them in the NBA. I think them making it to the NBA has more to do with the player than with Cal. Without doing research I don't think there are many of his players in the NBA that were not top 25 out of high school. I still say Bryant is ours if we find room.
I agree, and what about the crop of "one and done" players left over from last year that he couldn't get to the league. These guys were can't miss pros. Of course, we all know that freshman aren't always what they are cracked up to be, but the whole narrative that "he gets guys to the league" was kind of blown up last year, and nobody says a word.

If dude is making his 4th trip to UK, I think you all better be prepared for him to end up there. Cal normally gets who he wants

Cuse_1999 said:
If dude is making his 4th trip to UK, I think you all better be prepared for him to end up there. Cal normally gets who he wants

Is he making his fourth trip to UK, or was he in Kentucky for basketball games or tournaments one or two of those times? Also, I know it is closer, but GE has been to Syracuse much much more. Cal does not get every player he wants. And if he did, then he wouldn't have room for TB anyway since he has a couple of big guys ahead of TB.

I usually don't reply to threads that revolve around the unknowns of how a young adult perceives the world. But thank God that its only that I "usually" don't reply ;).

I'm not a big fan of how UK and Cal have the means to recruit at the level they have been. Whether its because they are skirting the rules, or that the boosters enable UK to have fantastic recruiting tools. The fact remains that the UK PR machines work and they take advantage of it as as best as they can. And why wouldn't they? Its just good business.

I would love to see SU bring our recruiting to a new level by getting boosters (do we have high level boosters?) and the PR department (do we have a PR department? Strike that - do we have an effective and savvy PR Department?) to get our 'brand' out there. Perception means a lot. We have history. We should get that perception out there.

Just saying. ... ... after a few too many beers. But, I'm still saying. (Yes, its Monday, but that first IPA was just so damn good that a few others followed ... its the natural state of the world).

:)

From ESPN insider article on Hoophall Classic (article by Jeff Borzello, dated Jan 19th):

Which side will win out for Thomas Bryant?

The five-star big man (No. 16) has Syracuse, Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri on his list, but his mother has openly pushed for the Orange as Bryant's future destination.

When asked by ESPN.com about that over the weekend, Bryant was succinct: "That's her opinion."

The other schools involved for Bryant aren't backing off in the slightest, and Kansas has even made overtures to try to get back in the mix.

"I'm not set on one school," he said. "I'm taking all the options I have and if one seems better than Syracuse, I'll go to that school. If Syracuse seems better than the other ones, then I'll go to Syracuse. I gotta look for the best program that fits me."

Bryant wants to set an official visit to Kentucky for the coming weeks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=12732&refresh=true

From ESPN insider article on Hoophall Classic (article by Jeff Borzello, dated Jan 19th):

Which side will win out for Thomas Bryant?

The five-star big man (No. 16) has Syracuse, Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri on his list, but his mother has openly pushed for the Orange as Bryant's future destination.

When asked by ESPN.com about that over the weekend, Bryant was succinct: "That's her opinion."

The other schools involved for Bryant aren't backing off in the slightest, and Kansas has even made overtures to try to get back in the mix.

"I'm not set on one school," he said. "I'm taking all the options I have and if one seems better than Syracuse, I'll go to that school. If Syracuse seems better than the other ones, then I'll go to Syracuse. I gotta look for the best program that fits me."

Bryant wants to set an official visit to Kentucky for the coming weeks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=12732&refresh=true

Seems logical to me

nothing to do but wait. i think realistically, we are 50/50 at best to get him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom