Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Wait, I found a really good one
http://syracusefan.com/threads/thomas-bryant.30550/page-5#post-842103
Ka. Chow!
Bif. :)
batmanintro590-100521846-orig.jpg
Good god, this thread is so damn old. That post made me go back and look at the first page...August of 2012?! We deserve Bryant based on sheer time commitment.

Good stuff, tee...but you get info from Jake? That's so 2013. Just kidding, Jake.

tee: Right under that post of yours linked above is one from General20. He's disappeared. Like I think I saw his avatar on the back of a milk carton.
He viewed this thread 34 minutes ago. Again. Crystal Ball, so.

General? Nice. Good to know he's lurking at least.

He seems to every year once the season gets in full swing. My guess is his schedule gets busy with the season. He'll be around early season this year and he always lurks

Yea I'm around. My life is crazy busy (in a good way) so I don't have much time to post, but I watch all the games, and still check this place out when I get a few minutes.

Hoping for Bryant and Battle, and I think if we get them we have a good shot at one last title run before Boeheim leaves, which is what I really want. I'm targeting 16-17 as the year.

Yea I'm around. My life is crazy busy (in a good way) so I don't have much time to post, but I watch all the games, and still check this place out when I get a few minutes.

Hoping for Bryant and Battle, and I think if we get them we have a good shot at one last title run before Boeheim leaves, which is what I really want. I'm targeting 16-17 as the year.
Hey General!
han-solo-salute-o_zps2bbfb250.gif

Things at big time basketball program like SU don't just happen. These guys aren't flying by the seat of their pants here. I'm sure that everyone has been contact with everyone with meetings, phone calls, and dinners out. I have zero doubts that Thomas Bryant will be in orange next season, starting at that 5 spot. This isn't Nerlens Noel or Anthony Davis. I do think that he'll wait until after UK sorts out their roster after their thrilling underdog makes good come-from-behind feel good story of the year championship run. If Bryant weren't coming, and Patterson and Johnson were given the talk, they would also have given Chino the talk and got to 10 this year.

I have never had a dream of su hoops, besides that reoccurring one of that damn Keith smart shot. Last night I did. It was so clear. It was the 1st game of next year. I was behind the SU goal and it was just warm ups. Malachi was drilling 3 after 3, the crowd was going crazy. Then out came Thomas Bryant. The crowd was in a frenzy. It was the most excited I have ever seen the dome, it was crazy!

Things at big time basketball program like SU don't just happen. These guys aren't flying by the seat of their pants here. I'm sure that everyone has been contact with everyone with meetings, phone calls, and dinners out. I have zero doubts that Thomas Bryant will be in orange next season, starting at that 5 spot. This isn't Nerlens Noel or Anthony Davis. I do think that he'll wait until after UK sorts out their roster after their thrilling underdog makes good come-from-behind feel good story of the year championship run. If Bryant weren't coming, and Patterson and Johnson were given the talk, they would also have given Chino the talk and got to 10 this year.
I want TB as much as anyone and think he may wind up here but there questions that have to be answered. For ex, how do we convince him to come here? TB knows that MM is coming here and Battle is a top priority. So how do we convince Bryant that a scholly will be there? Do we tell him he just has a one year scholly and then he has to go pro to make room for MM and Battle after his freshman yr? Does Bryant really come here assuming Battle doesnt come here? No. If Battle comes and TB isnt guaranteed to be one and done, how do we convince him to accept? Can we really promise him DC2 will move on?? Or that Chino will transfer, his good bud? I dont see a clear path, help me out here

I want TB as much as anyone and think he may wind up here but there questions that have to be answered. For ex, how do we convince him to come here? TB knows that MM is coming here and Battle is a top priority. So how do we convince Bryant that a scholly will be there? Do we tell him he just has a one year scholly and then he has to go pro to make room for MM and Battle after his freshman yr? Does Bryant really come here assuming Battle doesnt come here? No. If Battle comes and TB isnt guaranteed to be one and done, how do we convince him to accept? Can we really promise him DC2 will move on?? Or that Chino will transfer, his good bud? I dont see a clear path, help me out here

Bryant's second year scholarship isn't the issue? If he comes and ends up staying more than a year, it will be other guys that have to worry about their scholarship going away not Bryant.

But i agree w you, the fact that Chino isnt gone tells me SU still wants TB! But think about it, maybe we need Chino, if McCs and DCs knees are no bueno, then we will need Diagne and Chino. Maybe JB doesnt want to lose Chino irregardless of TB?

Bryant's second year scholarship isn't the issue? If he comes and ends up staying more than a year, it will be other guys that have to worry about their scholarship going away not Bryant.
Who? I dont see Lyndon or Howard being shown the door. So i guess we just tell Bryant he will have a scholly w no specifics? I am not sure if i was him that would be good enough for me. But i do get your pt

Chino may leave after next year.

Chris and Mal are gone to the NBA after 1 good season.

DC2 with his health issues may be gone to get money ASAP if he makes it through a season healthy or simply gone after a season of poor health next year likely already with his degree.

Someone else may not like the PT options in 2016 and leave.

There are a ton of possibilities and it will work out.

Who?

Why worry about it now, so much can happen between now and then. We are going to have a very crowded front court. It's possible that someone leaves because of lack of playing time. Maybe McCullough or Bryant goes early entry. Maybe DCII really isn't medically sound. Maybe Richardson blows up and leaves. Maybe Joseph doesn't progress and sees the writing on the wall with Battle coming in. Maybe Battle chooses Kentucky. If you have all of those guys and noone leaves, my guess would be that Roberson or more likely Obokoh will be looking for a different situation.

Take the guys you can get and sort it out when it has to be sorted out, which isn't now. It's the new age in recruiting. You can't be certain guys are going to stay more than a year and have to recruit accordingly.

Chino may leave after next year.

Chris and Mal are gone to the NBA after 1 good season.

DC2 with his health issues may be gone to get money ASAP if he makes it through a season healthy or simply gone after a season of poor health next year likely already with his degree.

Someone else may not like the PT options in 2016 and leave.

There are a ton of possibilities and it will work out.
I hope so, but a lot of mays in there, nothing certain JB can tell Bryant. I dont see TBs bud Chino being shown the door and TB being cool w that. But in the end i do more or less agree w your and Pfisters rationale

As McC tweeted yesterday, its a business, a very big one

Why worry about it now, so much can happen between now and then. We are going to have a very crowded front court. It's possible that someone leaves because of lack of playing time. Maybe McCullough or Bryant goes early entry. Maybe DCII really isn't medically sound. Maybe Richardson blows up and leaves. Maybe Joseph doesn't progress and sees the writing on the wall with Battle coming in. Maybe Battle chooses Kentucky. If you have all of those guys and noone leaves, my guess would be that Roberson or more likely Obokoh will be looking for a different situation.

Take the guys you can get and sort it out when it has to be sorted out, which isn't now.
McC has to go, and then someone else to make room for TB, TB and MM

If Bryant accepted, we would be at 12, then G, TC and McC leave , thats 9. Need to make room for MM and (if JB gets his wish) Mamba

Last edited:

Take the guys you can get and sort it out when it has to be sorted out, which isn't now. It's the new age in recruiting. You can't be certain guys are going to stay more than a year and have to recruit accordingly.

Battle isn't going to choose Kentucky because he eliminated them from consideration.

McC has to go, and then someone else to make room for TB, TB and MM

If Bryant accepted, we would be at 12, then G, TC and McC leave , thats 9. Need to make room for MM and (if JB gets his wish) Mamba

Maybe the appeal results in them restoring a scholarship too. The point is a lot can happen between now and when it matters.

Maybe the appeal results in them restoring a scholarship too. The point is a lot can happen between now and when it matters.

Correct and there are just sooo many ways it could go. You take Bryant if he wants to come. You have a great season and kids leave like every time you have a great season. 2016 class will be Moyer + Battle.

Correct and there are just sooo many ways it could go. You take Bryant if he wants to come. You have a great season and kids leave like every time you have a great season. 2016 class will be Moyer + Battle.
Yeah, and plus, if we do get Bryant (which even Mike Waters is saying can happen know after the transfers, so I'm glad it seems to have been clarified by the NCAA) there's a very real possibility he might be a one and done. So we could potentially lose McCullough and Bryant to the NBA after next season, once again letting the numbers work themselves out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom