Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

So if Indiana is already over the limit, we suddenly have an open scholarship, and he hasn't seemed to be particularly interested in Kentucky in awhile (depending on what happens with their bigs - which may be part of the reason he's waiting, conceivably?), I mean, it would almost have to be us, right?

Or is there a fourth option I'm not thinking of?

So if Indiana is already over the limit, we suddenly have an open scholarship, and he hasn't seemed to be particularly interested in Kentucky in awhile (depending on what happens with their bigs - which may be part of the reason he's waiting, conceivably?), I mean, it would almost have to be us, right?

Bonnie's

The 9-23 Missouri Tigers! LOL!

Here is my question, TB is a Top 15 recruit and he has basically narrowed it to us and IU, with maybe Kentucky in the mix although I put them at less than 1% for his services. My question is why are no others getting involved? Is he saying no to them or are they not even asking, either way this is the telling fact that I believe this has been a done deal for a long time in SU's favor.

Here is my question, TB is a Top 15 recruit and he has basically narrowed it to us and IU, with maybe Kentucky in the mix although I put them at less than 1% for his services. My question is why are no others getting involved? Is he saying no to them or are they not even asking, either way this is the telling fact that I believe this has been a done deal for a long time in SU's favor.

Reading the tea leaves, I'm nervous that he is primarily interested in Kentucky. And as such, he needs to wait until the period after the NCAA tournament to determine how many departures they'll have and where [or if] he'd fit in.

RF2044 said:
Reading the tea leaves, I'm nervous that he is primarily interested in Kentucky. And as such, he needs to wait until the period after the NCAA tournament to determine how many departures they'll have and where [or if] he'd fit in.
Getting the same feeling. The longer this drags out, the less I like our chances.

Does anyone believe this is the chancellors call? How does it look if we are disregarding everything? Personally I think we can do it bc we thought 12 was fair in our self imposed sanctions. Bryant is ours if we get green light internally in my opinion

Does anyone believe this is the chancellors call? How does it look if we are disregarding everything? Personally I think we can do it bc we thought 12 was fair in our self imposed sanctions. Bryant is ours if we get green light internally in my opinion

No but if it is we have the green light internally because we are pursuing Bryant still.

Wait a second here, broheim. Are you calling yourself Han or Lando in this scenario? Was Han promoted to general by this point?

Either way...that's bold, man. Stay humble, stay hungry! ;)
Ha, I just thought of the general and googled salute gif. Still. Can't I be either Han or Lando?

Ironic that Ron Patterson, who Indiana screwed over by pulling his scholarship, might screw over Indiana by transferring and opening up a spot for Bryant.
WhozhaDaddy, Hoosiers? This guy, that's who!
11042013_S_PattersonMediaDay_SpencerBodian_APE.jpg

Not for nothing, and ESPN's top 100 is far from being the most accurate, but of the top-12 players in the 2015-16 class, only 4 are signed. In other words 67% are still considering their options. Of the remaining 88 players, only two haven't signed an LOI (or 98% have already signed). One is Thomas Bryant and the other is a guard who had already committed to Marquette, but backed out. Bryant is certainly a stellar player, but he's not in the preseason one-and-done crowd. It's obvious that he's waiting for the scholarship situation at SU to clear before committing. Otherwise, he would have done so already because players ranked outside of the top-10 in any given class are rarely considered NBA ready. IU is a mess and they don't even like their coach. Bryant would probably be UK's 3rd choice and I don't see Stone or Zimmerman both saying no to UK.

No question TB would be a tremendous get and I'll be doing backflips when he commits. And I know "things have a way of working out." But math still doesn't work here. 11 players on scholarship now, 2 leave next year, that leaves one open spot for 2016-17 when the sanctions kick in. Prioritizing the 3 prospects in play I would think Moyer with the commitment in place comes first, Battle comes second as a position of severe need and Bryant is third as a potential one and done at a position where we will have 3 bodies next year. I'm not trying to say we wouldn't take all three - we certainly would, but perhaps the reports such as McAllister's come from the staff still being a bit cautious while they work through the scenarios. Best laid plans went out the window this year when CMac went down so with sanctions staring us in the face a little caution may be called for.

No question TB would be a tremendous get and I'll be doing backflips when he commits. And I know "things have a way of working out." But math still doesn't work here. 11 players on scholarship now, 2 leave next year, that leaves one open spot for 2016-17 when the sanctions kick in. Prioritizing the 3 prospects in play I would think Moyer with the commitment in place comes first, Battle comes second as a position of severe need and Bryant is third as a potential one and done at a position where we will have 3 bodies next year. I'm not trying to say we wouldn't take all three - we certainly would, but perhaps the reports such as McAllister's come from the staff still being a bit cautious while they work through the scenarios. Best laid plans went out the window this year when CMac went down so with sanctions staring us in the face a little caution may be called for.

Numbers will work no matter what they have to. Guys that aren't good enough to get PT or produce simply aren't going to stick around long over the next 3/4 years.

McCullough almost certainly won't be here in 16-17. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Coleman is not here in 16-17. Bryant may not be here in 16-17.

The numbers, as jordoo said, will work themselves out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom