Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Why's he listed as a WVU favorite?

What is this madness
The day a 5 star prospect chooses WVU over SU is the day that I'll sign off this board for good. I'll repeat, unless the staff chooses to go in another direction, the only schools to worry about is UK and UNC if either or both decide to offer. WVU has been playing the stalking game since last year when he was at BK. I guess that's where the crystal ball clowns are getting their current noise from.

The day a 5 star prospect chooses WVU over SU is the day that I'll sign off this board for good. I'll repeat, unless the staff chooses to go in another direction, the only schools to worry about is UK and UNC if either or both decide to offer. WVU has been playing the stalking game since last year when he was at BK. I guess that's where the crystal ball clowns are getting their current noise from.

From this video, Bryant is playing more of a 5 role now. He's a beast and the pounding of the chest shows as much.

From this video, Bryant is playing more of a 5 role now. He's a beast and the pounding of the chest shows as much.
I always thought watching him at BK last season when he was skinny that he would mainly be a 4. Now seeing how he's starting to fill out and actually weighed in at 225 this summer, I'm starting to think that he could transition into a 5. Wonder if the staff would eventually feel the same, putting him in that group with Diagne/Diallo/Silva?

I always thought watching him at BK last season when he was skinny that he would mainly be a 4. Now seeing how he's starting to fill out and actually weighed in at 225 this summer, I'm starting to think that he could transition into a 5. Wonder if the staff would eventually feel the same, putting him in that group with Diagne/Diallo/Silva?

From what you're saying, is Noah Vonleh a good comparison? I recall we recruited him as a 4 and when we played IU, I envisioned a McCullough-type. However, I was surprised at Vonleh's size and strength and how much 5 he played.

Are the D/D/S group you mentioned just all 5's?

5/4, doesn't truly matter. JB has had no qualms about throwing athletic, lanky guys in the corner of the zone. Some great defenders have played in that corner, so long as their feet are quick enough.

From what you're saying, is Noah Vonleh a good comparison? I recall we recruited him as a 4 and when we played IU, I envisioned a McCullough-type. However, I was surprised at Vonleh's size and strength and how much 5 he played.

I hesitate to make this comparison, but the last time I saw him I kept thinking poor man's Derrick Coleman. Kid is long, athletic and strong. I can definitely see him playing either the 4 or 5.

5/4, doesn't truly matter. JB has had no qualms about throwing athletic, lanky guys in the corner of the zone. Some great defenders have played in that corner, so long as their feet are quick enough.
Actually think its just as important he be able to play C. Running out of schollys to offer and 2015 would have a Sr Coleman and Soph Obokoh... forwards, assuming grant leaves, might still have McCullough if he's not one and done and Roberson if not two and through, BJ, Mikeg can play sf, and Lydon... a good PF/C would be perfect to fill two needs with one scholly. Then maybe just a combo guard who will stay 4 years like Divencenzo or Howard and we're Golden.

Actually think its just as important he be able to play C. Running out of schollys to offer and 2015 would have a Sr Coleman and Soph Obokoh... forwards, assuming grant leaves, might still have McCullough if he's not one and done and Roberson if not two and through, BJ, Mikeg can play sf, and Lydon... a good PF/C would be perfect to fill two needs with one scholly. Then maybe just a combo guard who will stay 4 years like Divencenzo or Howard and we're Golden.
Sure, it is. What I mean is that JB never shied away from playing two guys who are both 4/5 hybrids and throwing one in the corner. Heck, Rick Jackson used to play on the wing. But you're right, his ability at the 5 will be a huge bonus.

If Bryant can play extended minutes at the 5 it allows us more flexibility in the 15 class. We have signed Lydon who is kind of like a flex 4 and should be able to play alongside any other forward (flexibility again) we are looking to add Richardson who is a wing able to play the 2/3 (flexibility). It becomes huge if Bryant can play the 5 IMO because then we can get the best available player to go with these no matter what their position.

Interesting if he ever develops into a 5. When I watched him in Rochester last year, he looked like a guy who wants to play a Kevin Durant kind of game, launching 3's from downtown etc. I envisioned him playing the 3/4 positions. Guess we'll see what happens - hopefully, in an Orange uniform :)

I think the Vonleh comparison is a good one. Bryant should be over 240lbs when he hits college and with a freakish 7'5 wingspan that he measured with over the summer, I'm sure whoever is coaching JB/Hop would drool to see him wreck havoc in the middle of the zone. All of the guys in that group are mobile and laterally quick enough to play the 4, but are better suited imho to play the majority at the 5.

Interesting if he ever develops into a 5. When I watched him in Rochester last year, he looked like a guy who wants to play a Kevin Durant kind of game, launching 3's from downtown etc. I envisioned him playing the 3/4 positions. Guess we'll see what happens - hopefully, in an Orange uniform :)
I think that's what I find intriguing the most with him developing inside and playing the 5. We already saw last year how skilled he was as far as handling the rock like a guard and knocking down J's from the perimeter. If he's developing a consistent inside game to go along with his perimeter game then we could really have the b-ball version of MEGATRON. th_shaqoohhh.png

He's starting to remind me of Andre Blatche.

Lmao when he pushed his teammate and the kid almost fell to the ground.

Bryant could be the new DaJuan Coleman in terms of playing with emotion lol.
My first thought was, wow, he needs to cool it down just a wee bit.

I don't know why, but he see some Amare in him.

Bryant highlights from the MC Hoopfest

Must have heard him say "GIMME THAT " about three times lol. He might be a little too emotional for the old school cats on this board but I love it and think every team could use a badass on it. Hopefully it'll eventually be for our team.

Must have heard him say "GIMME THAT " about three times lol. He might be a little too emotional for the old school cats on this board but I love it and think every team could use a badass on it. Hopefully it'll eventually be for our team.

Agreed with all points. Need more intensity down low right now too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom