Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Must have heard him say "GIMME THAT " about three times lol. He might be a little too emotional for the old school cats on this board but I love it and think every team could use a badass on it. Hopefully it'll eventually be for our team.
Great post. The kid's all heart and he's going to push his and his teammates games to a common cause. Winning.

As long as he's not an a-hole.

Must have heard him say "GIMME THAT " about three times lol. He might be a little too emotional for the old school cats on this board but I love it and think every team could use a badass on it. Hopefully it'll eventually be for our team.

I'm one old cat and emotion is a huge part of playing bb. Let's get this kid commited, his whole game is so different than when he was younger. He's a must get right now.

One play last season that I'll never forget that made me into a big fan of Bryant. BK was trailing by 11pts late in the 3rd qtr against Troy in the state semi's. Chino Obokoh was up top with the ball and Bryant made a nice cut inside and was initially open, Chino throws him the pass but the defender made a good read and cut in front of the ball to intercept it. An outlet pass was thrown to a guard who has a wide open path to the basket with Chino behind him, Chino ends up blocking the shot but another Troy player gets the ball and looks to have an easy putback, and out of nowhere Bryant(who had to have been the last man running back from the other end) comes through and blocks the shot and BK gets the ball and scores on the other end. That sequence changed the game and they went on to win that and the state chip moving forward. What really impressed me though is that down 11 and having that turnover take place, Bryant could've sulked and half heartedly jog down the court and let them have the easy bucket, but the kid hustled his ass down the court and made a play that significantly changed things. That's the kind of big man that I'm sure all SU fans would love to have.

One play last season that I'll never forget that made me into a big fan of Bryant. BK was trailing by 11pts late in the 3rd qtr against Troy in the state semi's. Chino Obokoh was up top with the ball and Bryant made a nice cut inside and was initially open, Chino throws him the pass but the defender made a good read and cut in front of the ball to intercept it. An outlet pass was thrown to a guard who has a wide open path to the basket with Chino behind him, Chino ends up blocking the shot but another Troy player gets the ball and looks to have an easy putback, and out of nowhere Bryant(who had to have been the last man running back from the other end) comes through and blocks the shot and BK gets the ball and scores on the other end. That sequence changed the game and they went on to win that and the state chip moving forward. What really impressed me though is that down 11 and having that turnover take place, Bryant could've sulked and half heartedly jog down the court and let them have the easy bucket, but the kid hustled his ass down the court and made a play that significantly changed things. That's the kind of big man that I'm sure all SU fans would love to have.

I wish Rak could get as fired up as Bryant does. If Rak had a mean streak, I think he'd be twice the player.

28k fans during a semester break against a top ten team and to win by 16 after being down 18 has to be impressive to a high school kid

I have no idea what appeals to kids, because by my estimation every kid should want to play in Orange and every offer should be accepted three seconds after its offered. So who knows

Bryant's Mom (i assume) was very into it. Clearly cheering for Cuse. Bryant was clapping some as well. He was right in front of Lydon. Donte was a few seats down and looked kind of bored, but I think that's the "cool" way to look during these visits.

Also several Cuse fans asked for pictures with Bryant at half

I can't recall a recruit that has visited SU as many times as Bryant that we didn't get. Don't recall even DC2 visiting as much as Bryant and Bryant is still only in his Junior year.
DC was at almost every game. My best friends son was an assistant at JD and worked with him for freshman & sophomore seasons.

Question for Francis or anybody else in the know - so what is keeping this kid from committing ??? Wouldn't he enjoy all of his trips to the Dome more as a commit ???

Question for Francis or anybody else in the know - so what is keeping this kid from committing ??? Wouldn't he enjoy all of his trips to the Dome more as a commit ???
Technically SU does not have any more open scholarships for 2015. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but would Bryant be unable to officially declare until a spot opens up (Grant, or gulp...Ennis?)

Technically SU does not have any more open scholarships for 2015. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but would Bryant be unable to officially declare until a spot opens up (Grant, or gulp...Ennis?)
I wouldn't think so... I'm not positive either but if you had to have open schollies to accept an offer how would Kentucky ever get a commit?

I dont think it matters, they do it at kentucky every year. I dont know matter of fact, but it seems like he is just waiting to concentrate on his season this year, the unc and/or uk offer, or for our staff to give him the signal to pull the trigger.

Good points on Kentucky. I guess I was referring more to how SU and JB operates, more than the literal letter of the law. I can't recall SU every being "over-committed," even if it's obvious that spots will open up in the future.

But perhaps this comes with the territory of being a selector school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom