Thomas Bryant | Syracusefan.com

Thomas Bryant

RoysRunts

All Conference
17 Pts 4 Blocks 7 Rebounds vs Creighton

Last edited:
Those stats left me with an empty feeling. Wish him well, but I also wish we had him. We would be totally different...with an inside game and an outside game.

Those stats left me with an empty feeling. Wish him well, but I also wish we had him. We would be totally different...with an inside game and an outside game.
This could be one of those deals that might work out in our favor. Especially if he leaves after one season. With us down on scholarships we really can't afford to lose anyone early. As it is, we don't have anything to offer Taurean Thompson yet.

Huge hands. He can easily palm the ball and I'll bet he caught most of those blocks.

We could not land Picachu if we had TB. Next year, I want the best rim protector we could get.
I like us.
:)
I am on board with what we've got, but I can't help but think about having Bryant, Murray and Briscoe on this years team. Honestly, not a huge Briscoe fan, but the other two would have looked good in Orange. That being said, I think this years team is going to continue to improve and be solid at the end of the year and next year could be special, particularly if the NCAA reduces the scholarship penalty as they should and we land another quality big.

I am on board with what we've got, but I can't help but think about having Bryant, Murray and Briscoe on this years team. Honestly, not a huge Briscoe fan, but the other two would have looked good in Orange. That being said, I think this years team is going to continue to improve and be solid at the end of the year and next year could be special, particularly if the NCAA reduces the scholarship penalty as they should and we land another quality big.

I would take our three freshman over the three you mentioned any day. In the short run Bryant, Briscoe, and Murray would be better. In my opinion that is where the comparison ends. We have three guys who are potential NBA starters I believe. Malachi is a great shooter and his game has already evolved. The NBA can't have enough good three point shooters.

Frank is a big guard, if he continues to develop he will turn heads because of his size. We all know Lydon with added muscle is a potential stud. I just don't see Murray or Briscoe comparing to our two guards down the road in ability or physical stature. Also, what is more important in the NBA right now? A decent 5 man or a stretch 4? Lydon>Bryant.

Down the line I believe we will look back and think we had the best class overall this year. I don't think that is a stretch at all. But hey, what do I know?

I hear you, my friend and I don't disagree. But the fact still remains:
pikachu_i_see_you_by_wolfgirl365.jpg

;)

better question: who is better ? Chino or Erik Rogers?

I would take our three freshman over the three you mentioned any day. In the short run Bryant, Briscoe, and Murray would be better. In my opinion that is where the comparison ends. We have three guys who are potential NBA starters I believe. Malachi is a great shooter and his game has already evolved. The NBA can't have enough good three point shooters.

Frank is a big guard, if he continues to develop he will turn heads because of his size. We all know Lydon with added muscle is a potential stud. I just don't see Murray or Briscoe comparing to our two guards down the road in ability or physical stature. Also, what is more important in the NBA right now? A decent 5 man or a stretch 4? Lydon>Bryant.

Down the line I believe we will look back and think we had the best class overall this year. I don't think that is a stretch at all. But hey, what do I know?
I am not saying to have those guys replace MR, TL and FH. If we had no sanctions, it would have been nice to have Bryant, at least. And Murray, no offense to Frank Howard, but I would take Murray. Murray won't be there more than a year, so there is that trade off, but the dude is a difference maker from day one. But, we don't have those guys and I won't sweat it, because the guys we have want to be here and they are all going to do well here.

I am not saying to have those guys replace MR, TL and FH. If we had no sanctions, it would have been nice to have Bryant, at least. And Murray, no offense to Frank Howard, but I would take Murray. Murray won't be there more than a year, so there is that trade off, but the dude is a difference maker from day one. But, we don't have those guys and I won't sweat it, because the guys we have want to be here and they are all going to do well here.
absolutely. Something was there with Murray that told JB to back off. He definitely wasn't just not interested. Kid is the perfect SU guard, and we have connections. Don't think he was just not offered. That doesn't make sense.

Syracuse has a BS reputation now for not developing talent at the 5. However undeserved the label is, I think it's going to affect recruiting at that position for a little while. I can't imagine there is literally any real advantage in choosing Indiana over us, but Zeller went pro so that must mean Crean developes big man talent... in the mind of teenager looking for the most direct route to the NBA.

Whatever. I wish the kid well no matter how stupid his choice was.

You continue thinking about the guys we could have had until we get a guy who plays their position or has their role on the team who is as good.

This could be one of those deals that might work out in our favor. Especially if he leaves after one season. With us down on scholarships we really can't afford to lose anyone early. As it is, we don't have anything to offer Taurean Thompson yet.

With Chukwu coming in next season, it wouldn't have hurt us to have Bryant for one year. We'd be in the same boat for next season, with Coleman backing up Chukwu, with the added benefit of a legitimate force in the center of the zone this season. It would only become a problem if Bryant stayed more than one season; a problem I wouldn't mind having (would mean bye bye Chino)

With Chukwu coming in next season, it wouldn't have hurt us to have Bryant for one year. We'd be in the same boat for next season, with Coleman backing up Chukwu, with the added benefit of a legitimate force in the center of the zone this season. It would only become a problem if Bryant stayed more than one season; a problem I wouldn't mind having (would mean bye bye Chino)

Agreed. Missing out on Bryant was a huge loss, no matter how you slice it.

Kid would have been impactful here, and helped to shore up the team's main weakness.

Agreed. Missing out on Bryant was a huge loss, no matter how you slice it.

Kid would have been impactful here, and helped to shore up the team's main weakness.

Agreed. Obviously from even the ESPN highlights one can see that he 'belongs.' Great motor, intensity, and hands in his game it seems...sigh.

Agreed. Obviously from even the ESPN highlights one can see that he 'belongs.' Great motor, intensity, and hands in his game it seems...sigh.

Bryant would have started in the pivot, and we'd have Coleman backing him up. Bryant is a shot blocker, too.

Hell, Diagne might have eventually ended up starting in the pivot.

Bryant would have started in the pivot, and we'd have Coleman backing him up. Bryant is a shot blocker, too.

Hell, Diagne might have eventually ended up starting in the pivot.

Yup.

Syracuse has a BS reputation now for not developing talent at the 5. However undeserved the label is, I think it's going to affect recruiting at that position for a little while. I can't imagine there is literally any real advantage in choosing Indiana over us, but Zeller went pro so that must mean Crean developes big man talent... in the mind of teenager looking for the most direct route to the NBA.

Whatever. I wish the kid well no matter how stupid his choice was.

If you think college is going to be a one year stop then I don't know how much "development" your going to get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom