Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

Thomas is a good kid, very much like Ishaq was. Point being, we need to put our best foot forward and use Ishaq Williams and Jaron Jones as an example as to why Mr. Holley would be better served to stay home and be that leader from NY that wants to create his own legacy and make a difference in his own home state. Here he would be beloved by all of us, and with hard work and good coaching, be a real difference maker here. He doesn't seem to be the kind of kid that is easily caught up in the "Brand" thing that has lured other top NY talent away from home. Would Marcus S. be where he is today had he gone to a bigger school? Dyshawn? Smith? How about the Jones Brothers? Would they have made it to the NFL had they choose a school like ND? One never knows, but fact is they went here and succeeded. We could easily go back 8-10 NY players that could be at SU over other schools and the where are they today story? Time to have that serious talk with this youngman, and how he could make a difference here in the great State of New York.
It won't work. At their age most kids think that their opinion is always better than others especially if it comes from adults who want something from themWhile I would love to get Holley in orange I think that Crume and Williams can man the middle fairly well. Add Sloan to the mix and there is some serious beef in the D-LvI'm thinking that Raymon is finished but if he does recover he is another big option in there. Marcus might growinto that spot as well. I look for JC help coming into the program late like last recruiting year.

It won't work. At their age most kids think that their opinion is always better than others especially if it comes from adults who want something from themWhile I would love to get Holley in orange I think that Crume and Williams can man the middle fairly well. Add Sloan to the mix and there is some serious beef in the D-LvI'm thinking that Raymon is finished but if he does recover he is another big option in there. Marcus might growinto that spot as well. I look for JC help coming into the program late like last recruiting year.
To me, getting Holley is more than just getting another D-lineman, but a statement maker to other top talent out of the State of NY, that it is time to stay home.

Word on the street is Syracuse gets too cold for his liking.

he lives in NY. It's not like he grew up in the Bahamas.

So let's see play cold games in the Lil10 for 4 years, or play in ACC where it's mostly southern schools and your home games are in a nice cozy dome.

wait did i miss the sarcasm font?

Are we sure this kid is from NY? That might be the softest thing I've heard a recruit say in a while. He wants to go to PSU, which is in a valley so it's always windy, where it is almost equally as cold. They also play outdoors while we play indoors so on gameday he will be much colder there. If he honestly said that then he's just trying to give an excuse as to why he doesn't want to go here. I'd rather him be honest.

Penn State - if that's in fact where he wants to go (yuck if true) is always cloudy, cold and damp - just a nasty area and there's a reason why no one lives anywhere near State College, PA despite it being the home of the huge state university

he lives in NY. It's not like he grew up in the Bahamas.

So let's see play cold games in the Lil10 for 4 years, or play in ACC where it's mostly southern schools and your home games are in a nice cozy dome.

wait did i miss the sarcasm font?
It's honestly what I heard. I was baffled but who knows with these rumors, man

Having lived in State College for three years with my job, I can tell you first hand that it is a very nice small college town and a great place to raise a family. The weather is fine, similar to what the rest of PA gets and there are a lot of things to do throughout the year. Pittsburgh is 2 hrs west, Philadelphia 2.5 hrs east and DC is 3 hrs southeast.
My guess on Holley is that it is between the Cuse and PSU with the Lions currently in front. TH needs to keep in mind that Coach O'Brien probably will jump to the NFL at some point and that may be to our advantage.

Having lived in State College for three years with my job, I can tell you first hand that it is a very nice small college town and a great place to raise a family. The weather is fine, similar to what the rest of PA gets and there are a lot of things to do throughout the year. Pittsburgh is 2 hrs west, Philadelphia 2.5 hrs east and DC is 3 hrs southeast.
My guess on Holley is that it is between the Cuse and PSU with the Lions currently in front. TH needs to keep in mind that Coach O'Brien probably will jump to the NFL at some point and that may be to our advantage.

I don't think Holley plans on raising a family while he is there. I also noticed in an article that Wayne Williams is still pushing SU pretty hard on Holley. I am not holding my breath but if we can get him this would be a huge step in the right direction.

I don't think Holley plans on raising a family while he is there. I also noticed in an article that Wayne Williams is still pushing SU pretty hard on Holley. I am not holding my breath but if we can get him this would be a huge step in the right direction.
Laughed at the family part. But you never know, Dyshawn has a little kid, so does Brisly

Just gotta get him on campus again with Terrell and Wayne Williams.

Link?

If Holley chooses PSU, it'll more likely be because of Larry Johnson, who's their best recruiter and who will be his position coach. This has happened to us before. Remember Tamba Hali?

Holley is going to visit in December? Maybe I read that wrong

I read it the same way. Let's hope he actually comes up with WW. Half the battle is getting them to visit.

Last edited:
From the comments section, Malone: "I have seen the tweets from Mavety that SU just wasn’t the right fit for him, but not Holley."

Dangerfield: "@Malone,I’ve heard from a friend with decent connects Mavety will have issues with admissions in any college that plays by the rules or values the student in SA!"

From the comments section, Malone: "I have seen the tweets from Mavety that SU just wasn’t the right fit for him, but not Holley."

Dangerfield: "@Malone,I’ve heard from a friend with decent connects Mavety will have issues with admissions in any college that plays by the rules or values the student in SA!"

So what you are saying is that Mavety is going to play in the SEC or play for Urban Meyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom