Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

It continues to amaze me that we are not the first program in state quality players think of attending. Holley Ollison and last year's batch. Its really something the staff needs to address. Sign sa" Syracuse University,New York's team isn't working nor did I ever think it would. A lame costly expense by Gross that hasn't paid off. Somehow Illinois has become the hub for recruiting purposes thanks to HCSS.
Well considering we locked up quite a bit of last year's class in NY before Anselmo left and the fact Holley was never coming here I'm not concerned.

Well, they kept LJ hanging until a couple of commits signed and started school. Coincidence? I think not.

According to an online source, Tarow Barney, Antoine White, and Chasz Wright, early enrollees all, were recruited by LJ.
I think that a kid can leave w/o penalty if the head coach leaves

I think that a kid can leave w/o penalty if the head coach leaves

Nope. They knew the HC had left when they signed. They're early enrollees, and they're already in school.

You're right that Ped State players were allowed to leave w/o penalty when the scandal broke. But that window is now closed.

The more I think about it, the more I think those guys just wanted to go there, regardless of the coaching staff.

Goes to show you, what a kid says on camera really doesn't mean didly and I was hooked, lined, and sinkered by this one. The kid was all about being a difference maker and didn't care a hoot for the name universities, what a crock of bull and typical of late from what I am seeing out of NYC in particular as well as Western NY, well BOL to him down in Gator land, hope he enjoys the ride and turmoil he will get there, maybe Ishaq's Dad can help him with his brand down south, as he will surely have time on his hands after next season. Borno, I bow to your wisdom and forsight on this one! Regardless, heck of a class we are putting together just the same, and we move on without those that don't want to be here.

Van111 said:
Goes to show you, what a kid says on camera really doesn't mean didly and I was hooked, lined, and sinkered by this one. The kid was all about being a difference maker and didn't care a hoot for the name universities, what a crock of bull and typical of late from what I am seeing out of NYC in particular as well as Western NY, well BOL to him down in Gator land, hope he enjoys the ride and turmoil he will get there, maybe Ishaq's Dad can help him with his brand down south, as he will surely have time on his hands after next season. Borno, I bow to your wisdom and forsight on this one! Regardless, heck of a class we are putting together just the same, and we move on without those that don't want to be here.

Someone should give him Easley's number. Different culture down there. Kid struck me as a Syracuse type kid too.

If I was the Syracuse staff these are the things I would do.

1.) Ignore every recruit that Isaacs Williams father is mentoring(street agent).

2.) Do not reimburse any coach who visits Lincoln High school for expenses. They go on their own dime

3.) Focus on the two to three star kids from there as we have a great track record with them.

4.) we need to reclaim L.I. Most kids from there understands what a good education means. NYC highly rated kids wants glitz and glammer,something they just don't see once they get to college. Well maybe from the bench they do.

5.) Syracuse's staff needs to explain to 4-5 star kids from the city that the NFL does not draft career back ups from college. Game experience on game day against first teamers is what matters.

If I was the Syracuse staff these are the things I would do.

1.) Ignore every recruit that Isaacs Williams father is mentoring(street agent).

2.) Do not reimburse any coach who visits Lincoln High school for expenses. They go on their own dime

3.) Focus on the two to three star kids from there as we have a great track record with them.

4.) we need to reclaim L.I. Most kids from there understands what a good education means. NYC highly rated kids wants glitz and glammer,something they just don't see once they get to college. Well maybe from the bench they do.

5.) Syracuse's staff needs to explain to 4-5 star kids from the city that the NFL does not draft career back ups from college. Game experience on game day against first teamers is what matters.

So you would be willing to just take a pass on a guy like Reddish to spite Lincoln? Not sure that is good for business honestly. I am not a big fan of Shawn Williams but he didn't prevent Wayne Williams from coming to the Cuse either. And while most pine riders don't get drafted if a guy is good enough (see Cassell, Matt) they will get drafted just like they project Easley will ... who by the way is a Long Island kid isn't he that went to an SEC school to get a "poor" education.

So you would be willing to just take a pass on a guy like Reddish to spite Lincoln? Not sure that is good for business honestly. I am not a big fan of Shawn Williams but he didn't prevent Wayne Williams from coming to the Cuse either. And while most pine riders don't get drafted if a guy is good enough (see Cassell, Matt) they will get drafted just like they project Easley will ... who by the way is a Long Island kid isn't he that went to an SEC school to get a "poor" education.
Not that it matters, but Reddish went to Ft. Hamilton HS on the western end of Brooklyn.

I've been to both high schools numerous times and they couldn't be more different. I actually had to pass through a metal detector at Lincoln...tough place.

So many things wrong here. 1) Reddish went to Fort Hamilton and not Lincoln, 2) Wayne Williams will still be here and it really has nothing to do with Shawn Williams, 3) Leave that guy alone for f*cks sake, 4) Easley is from Staten Island, and last but not least 5) You're a jerkoff for making the assumption that L.I kids value an education more than a NYC kid. You really know nothing.

So many things wrong here. 1) Reddish went to Fort Hamilton and not Lincoln, 2) Wayne Williams will still be here and it really has nothing to do with Shawn Williams, 3) Leave that guy alone for f*cks sake, 4) Easley is from Staten Island, and last but not least 5) You're a jerkoff for making the assumption that L.I kids value an education more than a NYC kid. You really know nothing.
Could SU have a more articulate or thoughtful spokesman than Queens native Jay Bromley?

First of all ass clown I wasn't the one that made the assumption about LI kids that was retro44 ... read above dumbass ... and yes I was wrong about Reddish & Easley and Wayne Williams was advised by Shawn Williams ... jerkoff. You really have anger problems ... still locked in your mommy's basement.

First of all ass clown I wasn't the one that made the assumption about LI kids that was retro44 ... read above dumbass ... and yes I was wrong about Reddish & Easley and Wayne Williams was advised by Shawn Williams ... jerkoff. You really have anger problems ... still locked in your mommy's basement.
Could you be any douchier?

Now boys, we all want the same thing, and that is to vent and for Syracuse to become a powerhouse once again. Our future is having the foresight to forgive and forget, and bring the best talent here as possible, no matter where it may come from. I am as pissed as all of you are that we just can't bring in top talent here from our own backyard. And the bitch is, you can't walk around NYC without seeing SU shirts all over the place. And, being from upstate NY myself, it really is a cool place, let me tell you. Ever been to Tuscaloosa Alabama? What a crap hole. We just got to keep focusing on being relevant and keeping our coaches in place. Then, and only then, will kids from all 4 corners of our state may take us more seriously. As for Shawn, he may love us or hate us, quite frankly I don't care, and I am sure none of us want him trying to recruit kids to here. How does that sound? "Ohh umm..., SU is a great place, not good enough for my boy or his brand, but you will like it!" Naw, Mr. Williams, send your check, watch the games, but we don't need your help or brand thank you.

The pay side is better. No rules at all. It's like the wild wild west.

@NYPost_Brazille
Tale of two local All-Americans: Florida's Thomas Holley out for year after hip surgery; Ohio State's Curtis Samuel an Urban Meyer favorite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom