Class of 2016 - thon maker | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 thon maker

Nerlo Rangel

Walk On
i can't remember where i read it, but SU is on this kid already. he might be 15 years old now, but 7 foot, thon maker, doesn't play like a traditional big man. he has a lot of kevin durant in him.

will be fun to follow his development. i hope boeheim stays on him for the long haul.

This kid looks like he'll be the high rated kid ever coming out of HS.

i can't remember where i read it, but SU is on this kid already. he might be 15 years old now, but 7 foot, thon maker, doesn't play like a traditional big man. he has a lot of kevin durant in him.

will be fun to follow his development. i hope boeheim stays on him for the long haul.

Whoever he picks is winning a championship. If you mixed Kevin Durant with Kevin Garnett, that's what you're looking at here. This kid is amazing. People talk about Wiggins being the best prospect since LeBron. Well, this kid is like Wiggins and Joel Embiid put together into one player.

Sign me up as a big fan of this dude after watching this...holy hannah

I know Red has obvious ties to Takeover but Boo Williams isn't too far from his old stomping grounds

I know its high school competition but he looks like a Manute Bol - Kevin Garnett morph. Good looking player. Couple of shots it looks like he could do chest bumps with the rim.

Well of course those are highlights. But from what I saw, he didn't have a stand-in performing any of those moves for him. He has great skills. Of course not every play, not every move is going to be those kinds of moves every time. But that's what the kid is capable of.

The best way to scout someone is to see full games, and preferably about 3 of them or so. But you can tell a lot from watching a kid for 5 minutes, too. Does he have soft hands? How well does he dribble? How is his footwork? Does he play hard? How is the form on his shot?

Any news on this guy? We need a freaking center.
He's more of a SF than a banger. Louisville, Duke, Kansas, G-Town, UVA are the schools mentioned involved most times. Don't think SU has any chance here unless Hop or Red have a relationship with Maker's handlers.

He's more of a SF than a banger. Louisville, Duke, Kansas, G-Town, UVA are the schools mentioned involved most times. Don't think SU has any chance here unless Hop or Red have a relationship with Maker's handlers.

Francis03 you need to become a handler brother! You're out there already... Go get yours! :)

Someone up on the hill needs to meet their Maker. He looks like a stud.

There's your #1 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. Wowza.

Idk I see more Manute Bol than Akeem Olajuan. Don't want to over hype this kid the way they did Wiggins and Co. Obviously potential is there but, still need to see more before JB can call him "a transcendent player". Although still could go number 1 bc Center is the hardest position to fill nowadays, hard to find a 7 footer that can ball, probably equates to about .001 percent of the population.

Francis03 said:

He defiantly has the length and athleticism to play the 5 in the zone. On offense he looks like he would be great on the pick and roll or pop out for a mid range jumper.

Granted these are mix tapes but man, he would look great in Orange.

Holy smokes! Ridiculous skill set. Badass name, too.

This guy already got name dropped by Bill Simmons in a recent mailbag on Grantland, by the way. Glad this thread for resurrected, because it was driving me nuts trying to remember where I had heard that name before.

He's got a younger brother, too, I believe, that's 6'10" or so.

I'm jealous of whoever gets this kid for a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom