Class of 2016 - thon maker | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 thon maker

Question: It seems to be that there is possible bad blood between the Ennis family and JB now. I say this only because the media portrayed Boeheim as downplaying Tyler and sandbagging his chances in the NBA (I thought it was way overblown, but that is the narrative that's out there). Additionally, it does seem as though JB thought it was not the best decision for him to go and I've read here that it was his dad that primarily wanted him to go. With his dad being so influential in Canadian youth basketball (CIA Bounce) and now Tyler himself starting an AAU program in Canada - is Syracuse still on good standing with Canadian recruits or has the well been poisoned?

Tyler was at the Duke game in the Dome, so I'd imagine he is still pretty cool with the program.

I watched his highlights for the first time about a month ago and was simply amazed. This kid has the potential to be absolutely amazing. I bet he goes overseas.

I watched his highlights for the first time about a month ago and was simply amazed. This kid has the potential to be absolutely amazing. I bet he goes overseas.

I hope the good will be brought to Canada two years ago brings us some good karma!

Any, any chance we could convince this guy to join 2nd semester for a cup of coffee on his way to the League? He was thinking about going 2015 and he's from Canada for crying out loud...

Man, now that Maker is moving to Canada! Murray & Thon Maker Canadian Connection to SU would be awesome. But Coach B wont get tied up in any questionable handlers or "assistant to the assistant coach" ties.

I'm thinking the NCAA gives him the Diagne treatment and scrutinizes his high school transcript to make sure he is fully qualified.

In this ESPN article they mention Thon Maker's circle.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15127862/five-star-f-thon-maker-plans-declare-draft

Maker made the announcement via a Bleacher Report video, and sources confirmed to ESPN that Maker and his circle have been exploring the option for a while.

Who would be in a 19 year old's "circle" besides his family? I can see a coach as a helpful adviser, but I wouldn't consider a coach as part of your "circle".

I've heard this kind of talk before. What are they talking about when they say these high schoolers have "circles"? Where do they get these circles from?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15127862/five-star-f-thon-maker-plans-declare-draft

Who would be in a 19 year old's "circle" besides his family? I can see a coach as a helpful adviser, but I wouldn't consider a coach as part of your "circle".

I've heard this kind of talk before. What are they talking about when they say these high schoolers have "circles"? Where do they get these circles from?
A leech isnt circular in shape, its more oval. Maybe they should call it Thon Makers (or whoevers) oval?

Circle-of-Trust1.jpg

Going straight to the NBA...

Don't see how the NBA allows this. You have to be away from High School competition for atleast a year.

Don't see how the NBA allows this. You have to be away from High School competition for atleast a year.

His case is that the rule states "One NBA season must have passed since the player graduated from high school." Thon Maker is making the argument that he graduated in 2015 from his Canadian high school, so therefore, a year has passed and that would make him eligible.

Edit: I should note that I didn't verify that what I quoted above is the actual language in the NBA rule, but that's what DraftExpress said.

Last edited:
His case is that the rule states "One NBA season must have passed since the player graduated from high school." Thon Maker is making the argument that he graduated in 2015 from his Canadian high school, so therefore, a year has passed and that would make him eligible.

Edit: I should note that I didn't verify that what I quoted above is the actual language in the NBA rule, but that's what DraftExpress said.

Still don't think the NBA should allow it. But i'd have to view the exact wording. My question why was he even able to play HS bball if he graduated in 2015.

This kid is not ready to go to the NBA. Don't think we will see another Kobe, LeBron, KG, Dwight Howard. You have to be physically ready for the game and Maker is far from it.

This is probably another way of saying "agent" without saying he's got an agent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom