Class of 2016 - thon maker | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 thon maker

Still don't think the NBA should allow it. But i'd have to view the exact wording. My question why was he even able to play HS bball if he graduated in 2015.
Would've took forever for him to get cleared and there was a good chance that he might not even get cleared. I'm sure his legal guardian that is pulling all of the strings here knew what he was doing having him play a 5th year in HS. By rule, if he really did graduate last year then legally I don't see how the NBA could block him from entering.

This kid is not ready to go to the NBA. Don't think we will see another Kobe, LeBron, KG, Dwight Howard. You have to be physically ready for the game and Maker is far from it.
When it comes to the draft, it's all about upside and potential. Guys like Maker and Skal from UK, are far from ready to contribute on an NBA team right now. Still their potential is high enough down the line that teams with multiple first round picks like Boston, Denver, and Philly, won't be shy to take a flyer on them and have them develop on their D-League affiliate team. I think what most don't realize who don't follow the NBA much, is that the D-League is trending towards what AA-AAA is to Baseball. I wish the rules were similar to Baseball as well when it comes to draft, where the players can go to the pros out of HS, but if you go to college then you gotta stay for a few years before entering the draft.

This is probably another way of saying "agent" without saying he's got an agent

That's the real reason I'm asking. If the NBA says no, then he needs to go to college. And if he's rolling with agents/sneaker reps/God knows what else, wouldn't that make him ineligible? Or are there wink wink rules?

That's the real reason I'm asking. If the NBA says no, then he needs to go to college. And if he's rolling with agents/sneaker reps/God knows what else, wouldn't that make him ineligible? Or are there wink wink rules?

I suppose he could go to Europe or something. I'd imagine whatever relationship he has isn't uncommon though. (I say this having no idea, but it makes sense)

I suppose he could go to Europe or something. I'd imagine whatever relationship he has isn't uncommon though. (I say this having no idea, but it makes sense)

That's definitely an option. My concern is that all the top HS recruits are rolling with these "circles" before college.

That's definitely an option. My concern is that all the top HS recruits are rolling with these "circles" before college.
Its so common now. I posted some twitter/youtube tape of Diallo (in the Diallo recruiting thread) working out for this guy who promotes himself as running this elite camp for these kids in the NE. Why is he posting this stuff on twitter? Obviously to promote his camp/program, ie himself. But if he is promoting himself not too much of a stretch to think hes positioning himself to get a piece of Diallos first contract...easy money being in the "circle"

Its so common now. I posted some twitter/youtube tape of Diallo (in the Diallo recruiting thread) working out for this guy who promotes himself as running this elite camp for these kids in the NE. Why is he posting this stuff on twitter? Obviously to promote his camp/program, ie himself. But if he is promoting himself not too much of a stretch to think hes positioning himself to get a piece of Diallos first contract...easy money being in the "circle"

I mean, who's monitoring these kinds of relationships? They monitor how many texts a recruit receives from a college coach, but they're free to rub shoulders with all these other guys?

If this trainer threw Diallo $500 cash to appear in his video, who would know about it? If he sent a couple girls over later on to a hotel room, who would know?

This is a funny, funny business. Who's exploiting who? I think it's just the fans getting exploited.

Back to the future... See Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Tracy, McGrady, etc.

I'm totally for it, school isn't for everybody and if they don't want to play in college why make them?

Because it makes the product worse, is playing basketball at a big time program that bad?

Insane. I don't quite understand the NBA's need/want of unproven HS players. Which NBA fan is clamoring to see Thon Maker in his team's uniform, paying him to ride pine until he reaches free agency? Wish the NBA would go to a 2-3 years of NCAA play rule. The NBA product would be better, and the incoming draft would have developed more of a brand. Plus, the college game would be better and the kids would have more of an education/life prep. Win-win-win-win...

Insane. I don't quite understand the NBA's need/want of unproven HS players. Which NBA fan is clamoring to see Thon Maker in his team's uniform, paying him to ride pine until he reaches free agency? Wish the NBA would go to a 2-3 years of NCAA play rule. The NBA product would be better, and the incoming draft would have developed more of a brand. Plus, the college game would be better and the kids would have more of an education/life prep. Win-win-win-win...

God forbid we should try to make college basketball and the Nba the best possible product.

Few will go this route. So it will basically be a none factor.

Forget the dunks; the kid has some nice moves. Where did he learn them? His stroke is not bad, but it would benefit from a better follow-through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom