Throwback Thursday! #1 Pick Karl Towns! | Syracusefan.com

Throwback Thursday! #1 Pick Karl Towns!

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Syracuse-Bound Roberson Ends Career With Jersey Tournament of Champions Title
The much-anticipated battle between Syracuse commit Tyler Roberson and Kentucky pledge Karl Towns Jr. did not live up to the hype after all.

Roberson outscored Towns Jr. 19-7 as head coach Dave Boff and Roselle Catholic won their first-ever New Jersey Tournament of Champions title, 65-49, over St. Joe’s-Metuchen before a crowd of 6,084 at Sun National Bank Center.

“It’s a good feeling,” the 6-foot-9 Roberson, who had a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds to go with two blocks, told SNY.tv. “I always wanted one [a state title] when I was in middle school and high school. It was like a dream and now it’s come true. So it’s just amazing.”

Syracuse recruit Tyler Roberson enjoyed standout senior year at Roselle Catholic
In the finals of New Jersey's Tournament of Champions, Roselle Catholic faced St. Joseph's of Metuchen and its 7-foot center, Kentucky-bound Karl Towns. Roberson dominated the highly-rated Towns, holding him to just seven points; well below his season average of 21.0 per game.

Roberson, meanwhile, had 19 points, 12 rebounds and two blocks.

Let's hope Roberson uses Towns draft status as motivation to take over this year!

Last edited:
He really dominated the paint, opened up for Mali who led all scorers with 22. But Richardson also hit some pressured shots. Roberson was a beast on the boards and gave up a good 3, 4 inches to Towns. Also had a vicious block on Towns very low in the post.

If memory serves, Tyler also beat up on Winslow in the first SU-Duke game. He does well against top competition.
Yup, he's there talent wise. Just has too chill out in the mind. When that time comes, look out.
tumblr_mbse3pInDf1qhg9nio5_500.gif

If he is around 15 and 8 this year with an improved jumper, he'll be off to the NBA.

Young boy is about to EXPLODE this year. 1st team All-ACC wouldn't be a surprise.

Agreed, this year (I hope ) he's going to break-out. I'm betting on this year too as he'll get chances at least early to be the team's featured big man with more touches and hopefully more confidence. Next year if he hasn't established himself, he might fall back into the mix with Diagne/Lydon/Moyer. His biggest opponent is thinking too much I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom