Thunder fire Brooks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thunder fire Brooks

The Big Ten thought Rutgers was a more suitable expansion candidate than Uconn.

I wonder how many times a day our husky friends ponder that fact.

Cooley going to UConn would be a demotion. They'd have to reach out to a true mid major coach. No one is signing up to play Tulane and ECU. Maseilo (spelling?) from Manhattan could be interesting.

Cooley going to UConn would be a demotion. They'd have to reach out to a true mid major coach. No one is signing up to play Tulane and ECU. Maseilo (spelling?) from Manhattan could be interesting.

No, it wouldn't. PC doesn't have the facilities or cache that UConn can offer him.

The Big Ten thought Rutgers was a more suitable expansion candidate than Uconn.

I wonder how many times a day our husky friends ponder that fact.

id rather be in the big east than the acc.

our football team is a joke.

they are not even bcs caliber.

Where is the Dislike button?

These statements are beyond hyperbole. They border on delusional.

Do I even need to make statements to refute delusional? Inquiring mind want to know?

SH you are a known negative nelly, but this post is over the top, even for you.

The Big East with Creighton and Xavier? Or the one doomed to fail regardless of what we did?

Seed of Eve Holt and Gob Bluth you can't be more wrong. Yeah, let's say in a league that is full of schools that play in small on-campus arenas or NBA off-campus arenas that use Syracuse to fill-up their buildings. Once the BE expanded in the 1990's that league was long gone.

If you think we are not BCS caliber team I think your opinion is not one I will put any stock in the future. You actually said yesterday you would rather have UConn's future than ours. Our football team is why you won't be seeing our basketball schedule include Temple, East Carolina, Tulsa, Houston, SMU, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincinnati, Tulane. Hoo-ray for your position we should want that schedule.

Cooley has CT roots from his days coaching at Fairfield U. He is very well-known and well-liked in the state.

I think they stay in the family.
Seed of Eve Holt and Gob Bluth you can't be more wrong. Yeah, let's say in a league that is full of schools that play in small on-campus arenas or NBA off-campus arenas that use Syracuse to fill-up their buildings. Once the BE expanded in the 1990's that league was long gone.

If you think we are not BCS caliber team I think your opinion is not one I will put any stock in the future. You actually said yesterday you would rather have UConn's future than ours. Our football team is why you won't be seeing our basketball schedule include Temple, East Carolina, Tulsa, Houston, SMU, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincinnati, Tulane. Hoo-ray for your position we should want that schedule.

Our Football will be fine. The best team in the area is the one with the best coach and the worse is the one with the worse coach.

None of us are reeling in multiple 5 star recruits (although RU could with the right coach). And our FB schedule will be massively improved shortly.

I don't think there is a huge difference between the top in the BE and the AAC. UConn, Cincy, Memphis Temple, Houston & SMU stack up against the top of the BE. The issue the AAC has is really horrible teams with really horrible schedules. Better scheduling makes a massive difference between the AAC and the BE in RPI. I am much happier being on ESPN/ESPN2 more times than ever than being hidden on Fox Sports.

The team that won the AAC regular season and conference tournament garnered a seven seed.

Adios.

Last's year AAC #7 seed was good enough to win it all.

The AAC has a massive RPI issue because of the scheduling of the bottom teams.

The level of play is pretty good. Much closer to the BE than the RPI indicates

So the RPI says the Big East is better, and Ken Pomeroy has six Big East teams in the top 50 to the AAC's one.

And the AAC won a total of one (1) tournament game.

But I guess the conferences are equal because you say so.

That was a Big East program that won.

I think they stay in the family.

Our Football will be fine. The best team in the area is the one with the best coach and the worse is the one with the worse coach.

None of us are reeling in multiple 5 star recruits (although RU could with the right coach). And our FB schedule will be massively improved shortly.

I don't think there is a huge difference between the top in the BE and the AAC. UConn, Cincy, Memphis Temple, Houston & SMU stack up against the top of the BE. The issue the AAC has is really horrible teams with really horrible schedules. Better scheduling makes a massive difference between the AAC and the BE in RPI. I am much happier being on ESPN/ESPN2 more times than ever than being hidden on Fox Sports.
SU, BC, RU play in P5 leagues, UConn plays in the AAC. Your FB is not fine looking at your schedule for next year holy moly I don't believe anybody would buy season tickets for that slate. Not sure how your schedule will be improved when teams/conferences are scheduling for the CFB playoff and playing a game in CT does nothing for that. UConn FB is DOA unless your in a P5 league. Diaco quacked like Greg Robinson last year and while we have struggled to recruit with the big boys even we out-recruited UConn.

To play in any sorta relevant bowl UConn will have to go 11-1 or 12-0. Your FB program is in big trouble, now basketball you guys can compete in March. However, your conference has gotten no respect from the committee these past two years and I doubt unless the dregs improve the seeding will improve.

The team that won the AAC regular season and conference tournament garnered a seven seed.

Adios.

It's only going to get worse when Larry Brown officially hangs em up. SMU won't be a player anymore. I suppose UCONN or Cincy could somehow turn themselves into Gonzaga and dominate that conference, but i don't see the AAC as a destination for coaches or players no matter what the school.

If you are a 4 or 5 star high school player in the East you want to play in the ACC against Duke, UNC and Louisville and be on ESPN. They don't want to play in SMU, Houston, Tulsa, and New Orleans. Playing those schools might get you on YES or SNY, but you aren't going to be playing many nationally televised games once the conference season starts.

It's only going to get worse when Larry Brown officially hangs em up. SMU won't be a player anymore. I suppose UCONN or Cincy could somehow turn themselves into Gonzaga and dominate that conference, but i don't see the AAC as a destination for coaches or players no matter what the school.

If you are a 4 or 5 star high school player in the East you want to play in the ACC against Duke, UNC and Louisville and be on ESPN. They don't want to play in SMU, Houston, Tulsa, and New Orleans. Playing those schools might get you on YES or SNY, but you aren't going to be playing many nationally televised games once the conference season starts.

The committes already been loud and clear about the level of respect they have for the American. Two teams this year, Four teams last year (with one of those being four seed Louisville, by far the best team from the conference that season).

I just checked. Best games next year are @ Mizzou and @ BYU. Best home game is Navy.

Woof.

Our best games will be in the second and three week on the NCAA tourney :)

SMU put $100 million into their BB facilities. Somehow, those Dallas billionaires will find a replacement.

It appears that Puvis, Hamilton, Adams, Enoch have been willing. I expect Ollie has another 5 star ready to sign.

It appears that playing at UConn, for Ollie, and trying to win more NC's is a draw.

And UConn is on ESPN more now than ever. More than SU.