Tiger Woods wasn't good today ... | Syracusefan.com

Tiger Woods wasn't good today ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
giphy.gif

Ha. Where did you find that?

Dude has not played a competitive round in 15 months. He wasn't going to go out and shoot a 63. He showed flashes. My personal distaste for him aside it is good for golf if he is good again.

He didn't play bad either. Especially when you consider that when he has made returns since 2010 they typically are very, very messy at first. It took him some time to get back to winning form in 2012/2013 and once he did he reeled off 8 wins in 15 months and became clear #1.

Since then there have been other issues but he finally was getting back on track at the end of the 2015 season -- not to elite level but to respectable tour player.

He will never be world #1 again, but maybe top 30 is a reasonable target.

Yesterday was actually a positive development for him, but haters gonna hate.

While the course is certainly playing easy by PGA standards, Tiger is -7 after 15 holes today.

Tiger haters looking for a new narrative today.

While the course is certainly playing easy by PGA standards, Tiger is -7 after 15 holes today.

Tiger haters looking for a new narrative today.

Haters is the wrong word in this case because that implies they don't have any legit reasons to dislike him. It is possible to think he is a despicable human being while still be amazed with his golf game.

How much was this dude straight living the life though for awhile?

How much was this dude straight living the life though for awhile?

I am not sure running around on his wife and hurting his family is 'the life'. Now Derek Jeter on the other hand ... yup!

Haters is the wrong word in this case because that implies they don't have any legit reasons to dislike him. It is possible to think he is a despicable human being while still be amazed with his golf game.

Yet everybody fawns over Phil Mickelson and totally ignore his indiscretions. Shows you how important a good marketing team and gimmick is.

I am not sure running around on his wife and hurting his family is 'the life'. Now Derek Jeter on the other hand ... yup!

But hanging around with mobsters, gamblers, insider trading, and defending bankers involved in the crisis... now that is the life. (or can be ignored if you created a good enough gimmick for yourself)

But hanging around with mobsters, gamblers, insider trading, and defending bankers involved in the crisis... now that is the life. (or can be ignored if you created a good enough gimmick for yourself)

I was unaware that Jeter was accused of any of that.

Phil Mickelson = Roy Williams of the PGA tour.

Hmm, no mention of Phil in my post. So not sure who you are arguing with.

Fair enough - I can't stand Phil and the hypocrisy when it comes to him, and it moves into other topics.

I am going to stick to Syracuse basketball topics where I will hopefully make no enemies.

Tiger shot 65 today. Welcome back Tiger Woods. Golf needs him.
The state of the men's game at the top is fine without him. If he can be competitive again, he'll add some intrigue. Lots of talent out there at all ages, so it sure won't be easy. And it remains to be seen if he can even stay out there without his body breaking down.

Fair enough - I can't stand Phil and the hypocrisy when it comes to him, and it moves into other topics.

I am going to stick to Syracuse basketball topics where I will hopefully make no enemies.
If you aren't making enemies, you're not trying hard enough.

The state of the men's game at the top is fine without him. If he can be competitive again, he'll add some intrigue. Lots of talent out there at all ages, so it sure won't be easy. And it remains to be seen if he can even stay out there without his body breaking down.

He seems to have waited longer this time than prior comebacks this time and the results were not as messy.

But he is fragile and the rest of his career will always be a race -- getting back to peak performance (which now may be #20-#30 in the world and staying their long enough before getting injured again.

I agree the state of the game is good. It would probably would have been a more captivating year if Day, McIlroy, and Speith had continued their dominance from the year before in the majors. That being said the British Open was great even with Phil in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom