Tim Duncan retires | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tim Duncan retires

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. KG
5. Dirk

Just my opinion.

I think this is probably right, I could be convinced to swap KG and Kobe perhaps.

It's tough, Shaq at his peak was better than anyone on the list. But his peak was relatively short. (Peak Shaq as in the complete destroyer of worlds Shaq, he was great for most of his career of course).

I can relate to Tim as he definitely matches more my personality. One time in about 3rd grade, I spelled a word wrong on purpose because I didn't want the attention from winning the spelling bee. Now I'm not THAT shy anymore, but I don't exactly run for attention either.

cat...K-A-T...im outta here

I can relate to Tim as he definitely matches more my personality. One time in about 3rd grade, I spelled a word wrong on purpose because I didn't want the attention from winning the spelling bee. Now I'm not THAT shy anymore, but I don't exactly run for attention either.
Yeah well not me. I still vividly remember being about to win the second grade spelling bee when I was asked to spell the word "through". I knew I had that so solid because I had just returned from a trip on the NYS Thru way. Dammit!

I did the same on my SAT's. Who needs the notoriety and accolades of a perfect 1600 score so I got a 1280 and kept my anonymity. So less complicated. :p
I also got 1280! And that was before they had SAT score inflation!
I also had a 1280 back in the Dark Ages, but I was trying.:p

Incredible career--one of my all-time non-SU favorites.

And not surprisingly, there seems to be zero fanfare about his departure.

Despite all his success, he was never a "face of the league", and they never really put all their marketing hype behind him.

Despite all his success, he was never a "face of the league", and they never really put all their marketing hype behind him.
My guess is that's exactly how he liked it. He also didn't really have the dynamic personality for it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom