Time to get rid of the BS | Syracusefan.com

Time to get rid of the BS

SWC75

Bored Historian
Dez Bryant had control of the ball and took a couple of steps. He hit the ground and the ball was jarred loose from his hands up in the air and he regained control of it while it was in the air. if that's not a catch under the rules, change the dang rules.

Dez Bryant had control of the ball and took a couple of steps. He hit the ground and the ball was jarred loose from his hands up in the air and he regained control of it while it was in the air. if that's not a catch under the rules, change the dang rules.
Agree, but the cowboys could not stop Rodgers in the second half. No pass rush. Additionally the 3rd down call at the end of the first half was terrible. They should have run on 3rd down. Still had plenty of time 40 seconds and 2 times out to get in the end zone. Instead they fail on the field goal, and leave enough time on the clock for Green Bay to get a field goal of their own I thought that was a big momentum change.

The rule is horrible. That was a catch! That being said, the Cowboys screwed themselves by fumbling on what could have been a long touchdown run and missing a field goal. There were opportunities that were missed.

Btw What is a football move? If you take two steps and go out of bounds, it is a catch. Why not have the same rules anywhere else?

What rule would you have?

Two feet down and it is a catch. What rule would you like? How can you take three steps and it not be a catch?

Doesn't he have to maintain control of the ball throughout the entire process?

I don't care who won the game. That was a catch.

Shawn91111 said:
Doesn't he have to maintain control of the ball throughout the entire process?

Yes he does.

Two feet down and it is a catch. What rule would you like? How can you take three steps and it not be a catch?
Two feet down and possession (control) without bobbling?

The rules guy on TV said to "ignore the steps". Suppose Bryant had caught the ball on the 20, ran to the end zone, was tripped and what we saw today then transpired. Would we "ignore the steps" then?

Shouldve made the smart play and secured the ball to his body. Instead he went for glory... and the ball jarred loose. Garbage rule but correct call. They called it on Megatron years ago so they are willing to call it on anyone.

Actually I change my stance and like the rule. Thinking about how many rules are in the offensiv players favor, the defense should get some help somewhere.

The rules guy on TV said to "ignore the steps". Suppose Bryant had caught the ball on the 20, ran to the end zone, was tripped and what we saw today then transpired. Would we "ignore the steps" then?
I think they say you ignore the steps because he was in the process of falling down. I you don't think so then it is a catch.

pretty clear there is several pieces to the 2 step rule.. it doesnt say 2 steps is a catch. it says 2 ft in bounds or an elbow or a butt.. it says you need to possess the ball. what CC said also made it pretty clear to him.. Bryant juggled the ball , stumbled 2 steps cradled the ball and touched it to the ground while falling then bobbled the ball.

until the last few years it would have been incomplete because you were never in the history of fball allowed to let the ball hit the ground before you had complete control. now he could have gotten away with that had he not bobbled it.. CC was also pretty clear. this is the NFL, higher standards, hold on to the damn ball..

first rule for a WR. catch the ball then worry about making a play.

you can stumble 10 steps and lose the ball, you have to show control of the ball to complete the catch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom