Time to make a coaching change | Syracusefan.com

Time to make a coaching change

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Sick and tired of being embarrased week in and week out at the X. Down 11-3 in the second quarter and about to be knocked out of the acc tourney. Fowler killing us yet again and there big middie who has been awful all year looks like an all american. Enough is enough

I agree...time for new blood. He can't see the game changed.

Awful, just turned on the game, watched for about a minute and turned that channel. What

Could this turn into the worst loss ever? We look completely lost!!!

Syracuse looks like its never seen the rain before. turning it over on simple passes. Schoonmaker hurt as well hasnt played

Leave the $:&:&: kid with 5 goals wide open with 10 sec in the half left. We quit. Let's pull all the starters. Play the backups. Show heart!

Not gonna happen. Desko has 5 championships in 15 years. No matter how well you state your case, an AD is not going to change against that math.

I HAVE BEEN SCREAMING THIS FOR YEARS!!

Desko has been handed so much talent over the years how could he lose during his early years. Parity is ripping him a good one, and rightfully so

He's has very little respect by a lot of local high school staffs who encourage their star players from going here. They won't stop them, but they tell the kids there are much better coaching elsewhere.

stop with all that championship
Not gonna happen. Desko has 5 championships in 15 years. No matter how well you state your case, an AD is not going to change against that math.
stop all that championship crap, the guy was handed the best talent in the game for years.

he doesn't leave the hill for recruiting

Desko has been handed so much talent over the years how could he lose during his early years. Parity is ripping him a good one, and rightfully so

He's has very little respect by a lot of local high school staffs who encourage their star players from going here. They won't stop them, but they tell the kids there are much better coaching elsewhere.
This^^^^ sometimes change is good. In this case I think it needs to happen.

Face offs are pathetic, duke clears with ease. I've watched 2 mins in the 4th qtr, we lost 4 face offs. Lol 3 goals during this time. 19-7. This team has given up. Oh wait lost another face off during this post. Scored again now 20-7. I'm done

@cnylacrosse
Duke is treating Syracuse much as it did first-year program Furman on Tuesday. Duke won that game 19-4.

midloviking said:
If we crash hard and miss the tourney, I think DG makes the move.

I think he gets one more year.

Is that really true? Wow, I've never heard that. Guys been at us for 30 years. How can local coaches not respect him?

Is that really true? Wow, I've never heard that. Guys been at us for 30 years. How can local coaches not respect him?
I've heard that he doesn't take recruiting seriously and is basically handed recruits but other would know a lot more

Gross is afraid of pulling the plug after firing pasqualoni and bringing in Robinson.

Syracuse is a destination job and when a new coach is hired I hope the local kids respond instead of recruiting players out west .

they think he really can't coach.

this was from a few local staffs and my younger brother who has a few rings and then went on to ref local college and some high school games.

he no longer refs due to a shot knee.

Faceoffs are a whole different story.

But I don't like the way this team plays defense: passive.

We sit in a packed in zone and dare teams to shoot. Well, good teams like Duke are eventually going to pick you apart.

We need a different approach.

Head, heart and hustle no longer apply with this program.

I'm starting to waiver on my stance of keeping Desko. If we miss the tourney I think he should be canned. Hire Gait, maybe.

Faceoffs are a whole different story.

But I don't like the way this team plays defense: passive.

We sit in a packed in zone and dare teams to shoot. Well, good teams like Duke are eventually going to pick you apart.

Agreed. It was like Duke had "man-up offense" the entire first half. No pressure whatsoever.

Anyone here still want to fire Desko? For any morons still thinking of it, i would argue that it was COACHING that won the game today against the Heels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom