Time to make a coaching change | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time to make a coaching change

Thanks Mrs. Desko...the program was in a freefall a month ago. Why weren't you defending him back then?

Rasheed is a UVA fan, hes a good poster from over at laxpower. He likes syracuse but hes off base on this.. The isnt wasn't Desko the coach it was Desko and the ability to solve the issues at the X. Right now Daddio is at a level Syracuse hasnt had since 2008 and thats not an exaggeration.

Rasheed is a UVA fan, hes a good poster from over at laxpower. He likes syracuse but hes off base on this.. The isnt wasn't Desko the coach it was Desko and the ability to solve the issues at the X. Right now Daddio is at a level Syracuse hasnt had since 2008 and thats not an exaggeration.
fair enough - i still think D was cool, calm and collected on the sideline down the stretch - a guy like Breschi brings in all the top guys for the past 4 yrs and doesn't do much - i never count out the Cuse - and i think D is a hell of a coach - i know Dom has a ton of respect for him

fair enough - i still think D was cool, calm and collected on the sideline down the stretch - a guy like Breschi brings in all the top guys for the past 4 yrs and doesn't do much - i never count out the Cuse - and i think D is a hell of a coach - i know Dom has a ton of respect for him

No doubt, Desko is always very calm and cool late in games, its refreshing to see and one of things I love about him. Most people here are big Desko fans myself included but the Faceoff issue had gotten to the point where enough was enough, it hadn't been a top priority until this off-season per the staffs own admission also recruiting the past few classes prior to this one was no where near the Syracuse level we were used to. Fortunately Daddio has done a 180 from earlier this season (though his #1 nemesis is awaiting in two weeks) and this years recruiting class was outstanding and ranked #2. The next two classes 2014 and 2015 look good but 2016 is shaping up to be an absolute monster.

Rasheed...coaches had a ton of respect for Coach Paul Pasqualoni too when he was slowly driving the football program into the abyss. The team was a total sh!tshow: JV level at the X and sloppy everywhere else. We finally are playing close to our norm...

No doubt, Desko is always very calm and cool late in games, its refreshing to see and one of things I love about him. Most people here are big Desko fans myself included but the Faceoff issue had gotten to the point where enough was enough, it hadn't been a top priority until this off-season per the staffs own admission also recruiting the past few classes prior to this one was no where near the Syracuse level we were used to. Fortunately Daddio has done a 180 from earlier this season (though his #1 nemesis is awaiting in two weeks) and this years recruiting class was outstanding and ranked #2. The next two classes 2014 and 2015 look good but 2016 is shaping up to be an absolute monster.
dude- im a virginia fan...you don't need to talk to me about face-offs! :) i think we have to beat the heels in the acc showcase to get a bid...going to be real tough - you guys will probably win the whole damn thing...fuc$ers! :)

I agree Jeremy, that's what I've always like about coach Desko. So cool, calm, and collected. I think he and coach Danowski come from the zen school of coaching, they're just so... chill. Rarely see them screaming or raging at players or officials.

Thanks Mrs. Desko...the program was in a freefall a month ago.

Huge win in a game that could have gone either way. We cannot use the "well the players have to execute" excuse in a loss, but not in a win. Except for some recurring sloppy turnovers, the players executed tonight. Great goal play. We need some bigger, stronger middies. We got bowled over a few times tonight.

Desko made great progress this year and fixed many issues, especially at the X. He hasn't lost this team, that is for sure. Nice demeanor down the stretch. Still, there is a long way to go. Need to make the real playoffs, and break some hearts at the dance. You can't keep your job at Syracuse unless you go deep in the tourney year after year.

swish7 said:
Huge win in a game that could have gone either way. We cannot use the "well the players have to execute" excuse in a loss, but not in a win. Except for some recurring sloppy turnovers, the players executed tonight. Great goal play. We need some bigger, stronger middies. We got bowled over a few times tonight. Desko made great progress this year and fixed many issues, especially at the X. He hasn't lost this team, that is for sure. Nice demeanor down the stretch. Still, there is a long way to go. Need to make the real playoffs, and break some hearts at the dance. You can't keep your job at Syracuse unless you go deep in the tourney year after year.

They're a lock for the real tourney, Swish, and right now probably a top 6 seed with chance to move up a little.

Huge win in a game that could have gone either way. We cannot use the "well the players have to execute" excuse in a loss, but not in a win. Except for some recurring sloppy turnovers, the players executed tonight. Great goal play. We need some bigger, stronger middies. We got bowled over a few times tonight.

Desko made great progress this year and fixed many issues, especially at the X. He hasn't lost this team, that is for sure. Nice demeanor down the stretch. Still, there is a long way to go. Need to make the real playoffs, and break some hearts at the dance. You can't keep your job at Syracuse unless you go deep in the tourney year after year.

Need to make the real playoffs? Break some hearts? They are #1 in the RPI and #1 SOS. They are playing for a top 4 seed right now.

They're a lock for the real tourney, Swish, and right now probably a top 6 seed with chance to move up a little.

Definitely a lock, need to take care of business against Colgate and Hobart to avoid a bad first round matchup.

Need to make the real playoffs? Break some hearts? They are #1 in the RPI and #1 SOS. They are playing for a top 4 seed right now.

Will need to run the table for a top 4 seed. Right now Loyola, Duke, Maryland, and Denver are battling. If Syracuse takes out Duke it can make a great case for a top 3 seed. Will be hard to get the 1 or 2 but 3 or 4 is realistic, though I would really like to avoid Bryant.

Will need to run the table for a top 4 seed. Right now Loyola, Duke, Maryland, and Denver are battling. If Syracuse takes out Duke it can make a great case for a top 3 seed. Will be hard to get the 1 or 2 but 3 or 4 is realistic, though I would really like to avoid Bryant.
This team should fear no one, but you're right - I would like to avoid Bryant.

They are #1 in the RPI and #1 SOS.
They are playing for a top 4 seed right now.

And they are #5 in their conference, out of 6 teams.

This team should fear no one, but you're right - I would like to avoid Bryant.

Bryant isn't even the top seed in its league - Saint Joseph's is. Not sure they're even getting in.

They were listed 5th on acc.com at the time of that post. Checked twice.

That was wrong, and considering they won a play in game to a four team playoff, it should have been obvious.

Bottomline they are playing for a top 4 seed the next couple of weeks.

That was wrong, and considering they won a play in game to a four team playoff, it should have been obvious.

Bottomline they are playing for a top 4 seed the next couple of weeks.

I could give a hoot whether it was obvious or not. I looked, and double-checked, and saw what I saw. I am not going to beat myself up over it, but have at it if it makes you happy.

"Bottom line", they were sucking moose 3-4 weeks ago, and our now getting it together at the end. Crazy improvement at the X. Nobody, but a 1-trick polly would have predicted it. It's great to see, and a testament to the player's hearts, and Desko's abilities.

They, and many other teams, are playing for a lot of things at the moment. Uber-bluntly stating that does not forego the conclusion. Things can go any which way. Ending well would be a final 4. As with any Cuse team, < a F4 would be a disappointment.

I could give a hoot whether it was obvious or not. I looked, and double-checked, and saw what I saw. I am not going to beat myself up over it, but have at it if it makes you happy.

"Bottom line", they were sucking moose 3-4 weeks ago, and our now getting it together at the end. Crazy improvement at the X. Nobody, but a 1-trick polly would have predicted it. It's great to see, and a testament to the player's hearts, and Desko's abilities.

They, and many other teams, are playing for a lot of things at the moment. Uber-bluntly stating that does not forego the conclusion. Things can go any which way. Ending well would be a final 4. As with any Cuse team, < a F4 would be a disappointment.

You were taking a shot using bad info. Own it.

You were taking a shot using bad info. Own it.
No, he didn't.
They were 1-3 in the ACC and play had been "less than spectacular". Issues as the X, issues clearing and plenty of turnovers. These were issues in multiple games, even when they were winning.

Hopefully most of these kinks have been worked out for the remainder if the season. If anything, the UNC game gives us hope for continued success.

LGO! HHH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom