Time to rant against Lebron | Syracusefan.com

Time to rant against Lebron

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
So there's just a wee bit of NBA season left. The way the playoffs are shaping up the West is once again going to be a meat grinder. As a reward for having the best record in the NBA, the Golden State Warriors are going to have a first round matchup against either Russell Westbrook or The Brow. Great. Assuming they win that they'll then play a team that would have finished 2nd in the East. Assuming they win that, they'll likely play the Spurs, or a team that record wise, again, would have finished 2nd in the East.

Meanwhile back in the East, Lebron's Cavaliers, as a reward for finishing 2nd in their conference, are going to play a team with a losing record for their first round matchup. Assuming they win that series, they'll then face off against a middling team. Assuming they win that, they'll likely play the Hawks, who are actually pretty good, so that's nice.

Now, I get it. Cleveland's his hometown. And he's pretty smart for picking the easier path. But the truth is, and this has been true in a while, that the team that comes out of the East pretty much only has to win one legitimate series to make the finals, meanwhile the West champion had to win the Hunger Games just to get to the finals.

So Lebron, I hope you keep breaking the hearts of Cleveland fans and get bounced from the playoffs by the plucky Celtics. You've made me root for Brad Stevens. You should feel bad.

throwing-shade-o.gif

OttoinGrotto said:
So there's just a wee bit of NBA season left. The way the playoffs are shaping up the West is once again going to be a meat grinder. As a reward for having the best record in the NBA, the Golden State Warriors are going to have a first round matchup against either Russell Westbrook or The Brow. Great. Assuming they win that they'll then play a team that would have finished 2nd in the East. Assuming they win that, they'll likely play the Spurs, or a team that record wise, again, would have finished 2nd in the East. Meanwhile back in the East, Lebron's Cavaliers, as a reward for finishing 2nd in their conference, are going to play a team with a losing record for their first round matchup. Assuming they win that series, they'll then face off against a middling team. Assuming they win that, they'll likely play the Hawks, who are actually pretty good, so that's nice. Now, I get it. Cleveland's his hometown. And he's pretty smart for picking the easier path. But the truth is, and this has been true in a while, that the team that comes out of the East pretty much only has to win one legitimate series to make the finals, meanwhile the West champion had to win the Hunger Games just to get to the finals. So Lebron, I hope you keep breaking the hearts of Cleveland fans and get bounced from the playoffs by the plucky Celtics. You've made me root for Brad Stevens. You should feel bad.
how is any of that Lebron's fault?

there are no gimmes in playoff basketball, Otto.

and, btw, Melo was also duplicitous enough to force his way into the East . . . but he still can't get out of the first round (when he can even get into it, that is)​

there are no gimmes in playoff basketball, Otto.

and, btw, Melo was also duplicitous enough to force his way into the East . . . but he still can't get out of the first round (when he can even get into it, that is)​
He did as recently as 2012-2013 actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom