Time to start facing some hard truths | Syracusefan.com

Time to start facing some hard truths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um what? We lost a top 20 kid to a peer school in Michigan where the kid fell in love with the campus. Our sanctions? We still sent the entire coaching staff to meet with this kid and his family. 10 scholarships is enough to win a NC with. We lost this kid because Michigan appealed to him not because of the sanctions. He didn't commit after visiting Duke and Louisville he loved Michigan.

Um what? We lost a top 20 kid to a peer school in Michigan where the kid fell in love with the campus. Our sanctions? We still sent the entire coaching staff to meet with this kid and his family. 10 scholarships is enough to win a NC with. We lost this kid because Michigan appealed to him not because of the sanctions. He didn't commit after visiting Duke and Louisville he loved Michigan.
We lost a kid that JB absolutely coveted and whose family he formed a relationship with over 3 years ago. SU, apparently, is not an attractive place to the elite recruits right now.

We lost a kid that JB absolutely coveted and whose family he formed a relationship with over 3 years ago. SU, apparently, is not an attractive place to the elite recruits right now.

He (dad) also wanted the kid to have the ball in his hands at all times. We offered 4 guards in the last two months cuz this kid wouldn't or get off pot. Not too mention that we have or will have Joseph, Howard, Malachi on roster.

Maybe some of you had your heads in the sand.

What? When has SU landed every kid they targeted- no matter when the relationship formed? Maybe the sanctions played a role, but let's not act like this is the 1st kid who has passed on SU before.
I agree with this. With Bryant? Yes, I think you can absolutely point to the sanctions. With Battle? I really don't think that's the case. Hell, this is a kid who has gone on record saying he didn't mind because it would mean more playing time for him. He just loved Michigan. That's it.

What? When has SU landed every kid they targeted- no matter when the relationship formed? Maybe the sanctions played a role, but let's not act like this is the 1st kid who has passed on SU before.
We needed Battle badly. Probably the most important recruit, symbolically or otherwise, in a number of years.

Sometimes I think we don't deserve good things. We lost a top 20 recruit to a fellow peer school and people are acting like it is our manifest destiny to get whomever we want.
C'mon man, this one was different and I think you know it.

I guess I'm alone in that I never got the impression we were as far ahead with Battle as everyone else apparently did. I just didn't see it being Michigan he chose. I honestly thought he'd wind up at Duke.

image.jpg

I guess I'm alone in that I never got the impression we were as far ahead with Battle as everyone else apparently did. I just didn't see it being Michigan he chose. I honestly thought he'd wind up at Duke.

He was never clear to here that's for sure.

C'mon man, this one was different and I think you know it.
I never assume anyone is a lock till they commit. If the kid liked Michigan then you go with Michigan. Beilien has done a lot better with guards than JB has in the last 5 years. This isn't shocking it may suck but its not shocking.

look, not only did he not choose Syracuse, he didn't even pay the Orange the courtesy of the official visit. just the sham schedule, putting us last because he knew he'd decide before it came to that.

you don't have to believe that we were ever the leader . . . but the fact is that at the end of the day, we were no longer really even in the race

He even took an official to Duke and didn't pick them. Fire Coach K. His run is over. Can't close the deal anymore.

look, not only did he not choose Syracuse, he didn't even pay the Orange the courtesy of the official visit. just the sham schedule, putting us last because he knew he'd decide before it came to that.

you don't have to believe that we ever the leader . . . but the fact is that at the end of the day, we were no longer really even in the race
I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say he would have committed here at some point in the last 6 months if it weren't for a certain investigation and subsequent report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom