Class of 2017 - Timmel "Melo" Eggleston to Wake Forest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Timmel "Melo" Eggleston to Wake Forest

Francis, do you think he will get an offer once he makes a visit?

One sees so many clips of kids dunking most of the time and then maybe hitting 1 or 2 outside shots. This kid shows great athleticism and size yet is able to make the creative type layup and up and under shots I like to see in kids that can score in a variety of ways. (Dunk videos usually mean nothing in terms of whether a kid will be an effective scorer at the collegiate level, even if the dunks are spectacular.) I think this Melo will have a vary diverse offensive arsenal by the time he gets to college. He's going to be a stat stuffer with some boards, blocks and assists as well.

One sees so many clips of kids dunking most of the time and then maybe hitting 1 or 2 outside shots. This kid shows great athleticism and size yet is able to make the creative type layup and up and under shots I like to see in kids that can score in a variety of ways. (Dunk videos usually mean nothing in terms of whether a kid will be an effective scorer at the collegiate level, even if the dunks are spectacular.) I think this Melo will have a vary diverse offensive arsenal by the time he gets to college. He's going to be a stat stuffer with some boards, blocks and assists as well.

Agreed, I love how he finishes in different ways around the rim, through contact and protecting the ball. Plus he has that almost taunting change of direction on his drives that some guards don't even have. Were ever he ends up he will give all the other 6-8 guys nightmares trying to stay in front of him. To me one of the most undervalued skills in young forwards is the ability to freeze and then blow by the first defender. Its pretty rare and he looks to have that skill already in place.

Good to see Gmac finally starting to make a serious impact on the recruiting front. I'm sure he must be a good hands-on coach. We always felt that was his direction. But, recruiting prowess was always going to be important. With Moyer in the fold, we may start to see his recruiting skills develop and florish.

Melo Eggleston✈@LocalCeleb_ · 40m40 minutes ago
Great visit by Syracuse man
1f3c0.png
1f34a.png
1f3c0.png
, it was very well, I'm thankful you stopped by...My boy GMAC #MidnightMadness pic.twitter.com/orstHxxMpy

If Gmac is recruiting him does that mean Melo E is being recruited as a Guard? Or do the assistants just have territory to cover and recruit all players in that territory?

If Gmac is recruiting him does that mean Melo E is being recruited as a Guard? Or do the assistants just have territory to cover and recruit all players in that territory?

The coaches recruit all positions.

GMac recruited Moyer and is also the lead guy for big man Sedee Keita. Red Autry has landed us more forwards than guards as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom