TNIAAM: What Does The 2014-2015 Syracuse Basketball Lineup Look Like? | Syracusefan.com

TNIAAM: What Does The 2014-2015 Syracuse Basketball Lineup Look Like?

That is a big rebounding starting rotation.

I like this comment "I love reading about Kaleb’s work ethic. Kid is up making (not just shooting) 500 3’s every am before classes.
He knows that’s a weakness, not only for himself, but for the team, and he’s working hard to address it."

I think JB was more likely to start Coleman with Rak this year because BMK was on the bench ready to come in. If Coleman is healthy, it seems more likely he'd be the second center this coming year. This is assuming McCullough will be good enough to start and that Obokoh won't be trusted enough to get many minutes yet.

That's an awful starting rotation.

Rak and DC2 both starting should NOT be an option.
I agree 100%. But it will happen as long as DC2 is healthy. I've never been more sure of anything in my life. Why? Because they have started together for 2 seasons already as long as Coleman is healthy. People act like "JB wouldn't consider that would he?" Nope he won't consider it. He's already decided those 2 will start together as long as they are healthy.

The starting lineup depends on Coleman's injury. There seems to be thee outcomes right now - September recovery, mid-season recovery, redshirt. Because of the timetable, If by September he's not ready to go, I think it's preferable for Coleman to redshirt - have him healthy to be our main C in '15-'16. Either way Syracuse will be a top 25 team next season.

Rak is NOT a forward. He's a CENTER. In JB's system the forwards have to score. Rak has NO face up skills. He can't shoot more than 2 feet from the rim. He doesn't score and he has no ball handling skills. Can we please stop the nonsense of playing Rak and Coleman together? It doesn't work. We will need both of them to share PT at center since they both have a penchant for picking up fouls...if DC2 even plays next season. The starting forwards have to be Roberson and McCullough. If Chris McC isn't the player as he is billed to be, we are in deep doo-doo. Joesph and Cooney are the starting guards. Gbinije is the 6th man backing up everyone except center. Patterson finally gets some floor time at the SG. BJ?? It will be a major accomplishment to make the NCAAT, even as a 10 seed. The top 4 teams in the ACC next season are stacked.

I like this article better than the first, OE. Good stuff. Nothing JB could do next season would shock me. I expect the deeper bench many folks wanted, at least for a portion of the season, if Coleman can play. Gbinije looks like he could have some of the healthiest "true" backup minutes in awhile, due to his versatility and experience. Of course it wouldn't completely shock me to him get at least some starts if JB wants some more experience on the floor, or for him to become "the stick" the first time someone makes a mistake(and not exactly being a true backup).

Really, it's all a lot of speculation right now, and a way for us to kill time. I think JB will very likely get a chance to display some wizardry this coming season, and very well may have to.

If I were Buss Patterson, I would work on my ball handling skills. There could be a lot of minutes at point guard available. I don't think MG is the answer for extended minutes. I just don't think we'll be lucky enough to have another freshman as good as Ennis was this year. Low turnovers and rare foul trouble, when do you see that in freshman. Even JB was amazed.

If I were Buss Patterson, I would work on my ball handling skills. There could be a lot of minutes at point guard available. I don't think MG is the answer for extended minutes. I just don't think we'll be lucky enough to have another freshman as good as Ennis was this year. Low turnovers and rare foul trouble, when do you see that in freshman. Even JB was amazed.
Buss grew on me I love his attitude hope he has some important minutes this year.