Today's game was an indictment of meathead FB | Syracusefan.com

Today's game was an indictment of meathead FB

Jake

Mod
One team worried about time of possession and field position.

The other team completely neutralized both factors by repeatedly going deep - with success.

Be honest, are we all not giggling at the notion that UCONN ran the ball 4 straight times with a chance to tie?

Or that they kicked a fg down three on a 4th and 1 deep in our territory when our d was gassed?

We could tilt the field in one play, they had to successfully execute 8-9 plays to tilt it against a defense that, let's face it, isn't great.

Our defense played better today partly because they had less to worry about. Find QB, hit QB.

It's freeing to be a fan of Dino's philosophy. Can't wait till we deepen the roster, get more reps and Dino's players here.

To be fair they went for four 4th downs and converted 3 of them. Now their meathead kicking the FG down 3 in the 3rd was huge for us and killed them.

I thought Dino in hindsight would have gone for the 4th and 1 in the first quarter but oh well it worked.

That UConn staff is laughably bad and good luck to them. Diaco is nuts on the sideline.

The other team completely neutralized both factors by repeatedly going deep - with success.

Be honest, are we all not giggling at the notion that UCONN ran the ball 4 straight times with a chance to tie?

Or that they kicked a fg down three on a 4th and 1 deep in our territory when our d was gassed?

We could tilt the field in one play, they had to successfully execute 8-9 plays to tilt it against a defense that, let's face it, isn't great.

Our defense played better today partly because they had less to worry about. Find QB, hit QB.

It's freeing to be a fan of Dino's philosophy. Can't wait till we deepen the roster, get more reps and Dino's players here.
They beat the weakest team remaining on the schedule , get a grip . This board is an emotional roller coaster .

I wish dino never punted from 60 yards and in. I had a meathead moment when he punted but UConn was right where we punted from in 3-4 plays.. No more punting

It almost worked too, when our offense decided to take a nap after the first 5 minutes of the game. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when we got that int for a td.

Last years staff doesn't win this game as the best player we have on offense was brought in by Dino.
Considering we had lost 9 road games in a row the board being happy is appropriate behavior.
Why don
You keep saying this - why?
Because perspective is important . UCONN is a lower level AAC team .

I don't see where people are saying we're winning the rest of our games? It's pretty clear we are going to struggle with a lot of our schedule. So what? Enjoy the win.
A win is a win , you are correct .

Dodged a bullet for sure I'll take the win.

Why does this O keep stalling after getting big leads ? 17-0 USF and 14-0today. I do not get this.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'll accept that Jordan Fredericks may have been a bad boy at some point but running Donte or Neal as the power back on short yardage plays is insane. Stoopid stoopid Dino. Get the people on the field who can make the play. Making a point with a player and losing a game is dumb. Maybe you've made your point and the kid gets it already. Enough.

Sit Riley. He's not ready. That is turnover waiting to happen.

Throw to Erv on seam routes or use the TE in the middle. It is open almost every play. I get that you can throw to the perimeter but that is what the D is expecting.

More play action. You have a QB who can do this. Use it.

Why does this O keep stalling after getting big leads ? 17-0 USF and 14-0today. I do not get this.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'll accept that Jordan Fredericks may have been a bad boy at some point but running Donte or Neal as the power back on short yardage plays is insane. Stoopid stoopid Dino. Get the people on the field who can make the play. Making a point with a player and losing a game is dumb. Maybe you've made your point and the kid gets it already. Enough.

Throw to Erv on seam routes or use the TE in the middle. It is open almost every play. I get that you can throw to the perimeter but that is what the D is expecting.

Yes , good thing Diaco went crazy and had his QB throw the ball close to his goal line . Up until that point it was a draw. The meathead playbook would have said to run the ball and punt , see if your D could get a turnover and field position .

You guys are seriously a tough crowd. Our inconsistent "might" have something to do with being 4 games in to a season of a brand new philosophy.

We beat UConn. Think about that for a second. It's like beating Rutgers. If anything, its an indictment on how terrible UConn's football team has always been. They had 5 losses in the most storied year of their program's history ... and that year was almost a decade ago.

I'd give CousCuse's left nut for a tall TE burner running the seam route.
Can't Enoicy play some TE ? Or is he hurt as well . Cam , meh.

They beat the weakest team remaining on the schedule , get a grip . This board is an emotional roller coaster .

Ha. Pardon me for being happy that we won, and excited about the future. And thrilled that we aren't punting from the opponents 40 yard line like we did last year. Or running 7 straight goal line dive plays Like we did vs Iowa under he who shall not be named. Or kicking a FG down 7 with under 3 min on the clock.

I'm also thrilled our coach knows how to run a 7 yard out with :06 left before half to change a 54 yard fg to a 47 yard fg.

Or throw the ball backed up against our endzone instead of getting really conservative and playing field position in a one possession game late in the 4th.

You're either 10 years old or have a short memory of how our offense operated for 15 years.

Again, I'll apologize for being happy today and we can all go back to being miserable.

Sorry I ruined your night.

You guys are seriously a tough crowd. Our inconsistent "might" have something to do with being 4 games in to a season of a brand new philosophy.

"Learning" a system has nothing to do with dumb playcalling. Runs up the gut with a couple of lightweights are wasted plays. Baylor system says use your bruisers who can break plays into space. We're not doing that. Why ?

AMEN, when i get on the offense i get hammered on this board. After 14-0 the offense bogged down just like 17-0 against usf. We still dont use the middle of the field enough with irv and ish. Lastly, is there a play within these 15-20 that will move the pocket for our athletic qb? ED was good and ET was great today, but we are still leaving 3 tds out there.

Cool, thanks for keeping us in line.

So was UConn actually trying or pulling a "Colgate"? Let me know so I can decide how to feel about this win.
UCONN wanted that game bad . Colgate wanted to get out with their team intact . I say get out a good bottle of Macallan you have been saving for a special occasion .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom