Today's game was an indictment of meathead FB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Today's game was an indictment of meathead FB

And Uva.

CousCuse your bladder must be the size of an SUV given your ability to piss in so many bowls of Cheerios.
UVA is a P5 team and if the good old boy ACC refs gave UCONN a free TD , we wouldn't of won that game either .

Last edited:
UVA is a P5 team and if the good old boy ACC refs gave UCONN a free TD , we wouldn't of won that game either .

So Colgate was trying to lose and ACC refs gave Uconn a free TD?

UConn's fake FG pass that should have been ruled incomplete doesn't register with him. Instead, Coach Lock 'em should have been given more time.

The ACC gob refs gave UVA a TD on what was obviously an incomplete forward pass .'Gate wasn't trying to lose by throwing the game , but they were trying not to lose key players in a meaningless , to their seasons success or failure , scrimmage . Their QB ran the ball once in the second half and their offense is largely based on him running .

UConn's fake FG pass that should have been ruled incomplete doesn't register with him. Instead, Coach Lock 'em should have been given more time.
I'm not sure what the college rule is on that play , I know it would have been ruled incomplete in the NFL . If he had possession with one foot down and then another foot or knee touches out of bounds , I believe it is a catch in college . The real question , since you bring this play up , how brain dead are people on the SU sidelines not to see that guy out there with no coverage ?

I'm not sure what the college rule is on that play , I know it would have been ruled incomplete in the NFL . If he had possession with one foot down and then another foot or knee touches out of bounds , I believe it is a catch in college . The real question , since you bring this play up , how brain dead are people on the SU sidelines not to see that guy out there with no coverage ?

Shafer would've NEVER fallen for it. His teams did everything perfectly for 3 years, just the refs screwed them a few dozen times.

The ACC gob refs gave UVA a TD on what was obviously an incomplete forward pass .'Gate wasn't trying to lose by throwing the game , but they were trying not to lose key players in a meaningless , to their seasons success or failure , scrimmage . Their QB ran the ball once in the second half and their offense is largely based on him running .

He didn't run because we stopped him. So in a weird way you're right about not getting him hurt.

Where you're 1000% mistaken is that it wasn't going to make a lick of difference.

Shafer should have gone for 2 at end of the 2 OT against UVA. Going to the 3rd OT was stupid as our D couldn't stop a nose bleed by that point as from the 3rd OT you go for 2 after all TDs. Instead of going for the win meathead football told old coach Lock'em up to send a tired a defense out and of course we lost.

You and one other poster lead the Shafer fan club just know another Shafer season would have killed attendance even more. THe damage that has been done is hurting Dino now and he is working on fixing it. As our team actually has an identity and plan now.

Shafer would've NEVER fallen for it. His teams did everything perfectly for 3 years, just the refs screwed them a few dozen times.
People make these statements like they lost 9 games in a row on the road as if it wasn't against very tough ACC teams .

He didn't run because we stopped him. So in a weird way you're right about not getting him hurt.

Where you're 1000% mistaken is that it wasn't going to make a lick of difference.
Nope.

People make these statements like they lost 9 games in a row on the road as if it wasn't against very tough ACC teams .
The 9 games were against 2 ranked teams.
Clemson-2014
Pitt-2014
BC-2014
USF-2015
UVA-2015
Florida State-2015
Louisville-2015
NC State-2015

Not a murder's road of tough games. Shafer couldnt beat BC, USF, UVA? I can't express how unqualified this guy was to be a P5 HC he won the lottery and failed. Another year would have been the same white knuckling to hopefully 4 wins. He would have never gotten his career record to .500 if he remained HC.

Clemson-2014
Pitt-2014
BC-2014
USF-2015
UVA-2015
Florida State-2015
Louisville-2015
NC State-2015

Not a murder's road of tough games. Shafer couldnt beat BC, USF, UVA? I can't express how unqualified this guy was to be a P5 HC he won the lottery and failed. Another year would have been the same white knuckling to hopefully 4 wins. He would have never gotten his career record to .500 if he remained HC.
Typical statements that can never be verified . That is what a lot of "fans " on message boards do , crap on ex-coaches and players and think that somehow helps the current coach .

Typical statements that can never be verified . That is what a lot of "fans " on message boards do , crap on ex-coaches and players and think that somehow helps the current coach .
If I don't pass your test as a true "fan" I don't care. I have had 4 season tickets since I graduated in 2006. I have given SU money for a terrible product. I hated the SS hire and I am glad he is gone. I support the current coach 100% even if we go 2-10. He has a plan and track record.

If I don't pass your test as a true "fan" I don't care. I have had 4 season tickets since I graduated in 2006. I have given SU money for a terrible product. I hated the SS hire and I am glad he is gone. I support the current coach 100% even if we go 2-10. He has a plan and track record.
A lot of fans come off to me like friends of mine talking bad about their ex-spouse .

It's the same rule that caused us to lose an interception earlier in the game on a replay overrule. And the ball was trapped in exactly the same way.

Clemson-2014 13th
Pitt-2014 61st
BC-2014 44th
USF-2015 50th
UVA-2015 68th
Florida State-2015 8th
Louisville-2015 34th
NC State-2015 50th

Surely you jest. Two top 15 teams in there. Four teams in the 40-50 range. Two teams over 60th. An average of 41st. How can any HC be expected to win one of those?

It's the same rule that caused us to lose an interception earlier in the game on a replay overrule. And the ball was trapped in exactly the same way.
I believe one foot in next foot out play is over .
Surely you jest. Two top 15 teams in there. Four teams in the 40-50 range. Two teams over 60th. An average of 41st. How can any HC be expected to win one of those?
You must be aware of what the QB situation was last year .

[QUOTE="CousCuse, post: 1892996, member: 4127"]I believe one foot in next foot out play is over .

You must be aware of what the QB situation was last year .[/QUOTE]

• 6. If Player, whether airborne or not, makes a Catch in Field of Play or the End Zone, is immediately hit or immediately goes to ground (In or Out of Bounds) and looses possession – RULE INCOMPLETE.

Nope.

Nope to what?

That we didn't stop him (11 carries for 10yds, 0.9 per carry) or that it would have made a difference (at 0.9 yds per carrry, he might have to have had 300 carries for Colgate to be competitive).

Give it up.

We're in the ACC. Gotta be able to beat some of these teams. Some of coaches decisions played a large role in a couple of those losses, Pitt and UVA in particular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom