Class of 2015 - Today's the Day...... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Today's the Day......

Don't care

vince-mcmahon-walk.gif
If you've never entered a room like that you're really wasting opportunities to make new friends.

May 1st was the date I was told a few weeks ago literally from as close to the primary source as possible but, like I said originally, these are 17 year old kids who have a lot going on. I am still VERY confident that, even though it has dragged on longer than most would have thought, he is still ours to lose and it's only a matter of time before it becomes formally official. The biggest hurdle keeping it from happening months ago was his coach, but it's gotten to the point where the kid is going to make the decision HE wants to make, which is us. Btw his family does support this as well. I'm sure you can connect the dots and figure out who I'm talking about by now lol.
Thanks, keep us updated.

Your stament is true if we get Jones, Bryant, or Govan also. That is why we should be excited about whomever they lock up, the early comitts have given us a rich mans problem.

The UConn Board has sources who said our best days are over...should I believe them?

My vote goes to the class of 1990 [Coleman, Thompson, Hughes, Duncan].
I don't think we will ever beat this class - Coleman was a concensus overall Top 3 kid, many having him the overall #1.

Duncan & Thompson were Top 15 kids, Hughes was a Top 50 kid, & I believe Matt Roe was also in this class.

Those were the days when the best recruiting source was "Eastern Basketball" !!!

I don't think we will ever beat this class - Coleman was a concensus overall Top 3 kid, many having him the overall #1.

Duncan & Thompson were Top 15 kids, Hughes was a Top 50 kid, & I believe Matt Roe was also in this class.

Those were the days when the best recruiting source was "Eastern Basketball" !!!

Eastern Basketball -- awesome! Used to love that mag!

I used to study their top 100 list and commit profiles for each school [I think Tom Konchalski wrote it].

RF2044 said:
Eastern Basketball -- awesome! Used to love that mag! I used to study their top 100 list and commit profiles for each school .

I too used to love Eastern Basketball, especially the Whispers section.

The UConn Board has sources who said our best days are over...should I believe them?
The UConn board also thinks they will soon be a top 10 program in football. Most delusional (and obnoxious) fan base in college sports.

It really was a cool publication. Pre-internet, it was a great source of data for recruitniks!

Best of its kind at that time, IMO.

Eastern Basketball -- awesome! Used to love that mag!

I used to study their top 100 list and commit profiles for each school [I think Tom Konchalski wrote it].

I had a subscription to it while in college...it was like Christmas morning everytime it would arrive in my PO Box. I kept through the 80s IIRC. When did it finally stop publication? Didn't it change over to College Basketball Weekly?

I had a subscription to it while in college...it was like Christmas morning everytime it would arrive in my PO Box. I kept through the 80s and early 90s. When did it finally stop publication?

Early 90s?

My recollection is that it switched from a glossy, high quality magazine publication format to a newspaper-style format for a bit, then went away. By then, the internet was getting a foothold, and by '95 or so you could get access to the same type of data online.

Agree with the "Christmas morning" sentiment--it really was a great publication.

That was a good magazine. Getting it each month was always a magical time.

Plus, if memory serves, it was my first exposure to Hoops Weiss, legendary basketball writer, friend of the board and world class toup aficionado.

My vote goes to the class of 1990 [Coleman, Thompson, Hughes, Duncan].
Eric Rogers, and Matt Roe were also in that class, Rodgers hardly played, but Matt had some success.

My favorite magazine, even thou it was a yearly one was the Big East Basketball Yearbook.I stil have the Premiere edition one with Pearl on the Cover 1984-1985. Couldnt wai tto get it in Sept every year. I read it cover to cover. I miss it.

redsoxer said:
My favorite magazine, even thou it was a yearly one was the Big East Basketball Yearbook.I stil have the Premiere edition one with Pearl on the Cover 1984-1985. Couldnt wai tto get it in Sept every year. I read it cover to cover. I miss it.

They had full page color pictures for each team. One year it seemed that almost every team's photo was against Providence and Marty Conlon was in every picture throwing a temper tantrum.

I was a junior at St.Lawrence University back in the fall of 1985. I spent that semester abroad in Vienna, Austria. I'll never forget walking down the street one morning and seeing the visage of Pearl Washington staring at me from a newstand. It was the Big East Basketball Yearbook and I believe I still have that copy to this day. And I still can't believe I found it there! What a pleasant surprise that was - Pearl in Vienna - who woulda thunk it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom