Tom Abbott Named NCAA Coordinator of Men's Officials | Syracusefan.com

Tom Abbott Named NCAA Coordinator of Men's Officials

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Longtime official Tom Abbott has been selected as the NCAA national coordinator of for men's lacrosse officiating. Abbott, who has officiated in 13 NCAA national championship games, replaces Warren Kimber, Jr., who retired after 25 years of service to the NCAA in the position.

"I am extremely honored to be selected as the NCAA national coordinator," Abbott said. "Following Warren Kimber will be a daunting task. Warren's leadership has been instrumental and I know I can speak for all officials by wishing him well in retirement and thanking him for a job well done."

Abbott has a long history in the sport at the collegiate level, including an all-American career as a student-athlete at Syracuse. He started his NCAA officiating career in 1982 and has also officiated professionally, high school and international competition...

http://laxmagazine.com/college_men/...bott_named_ncaa_coordinator_of_mens_officials

Isn't that just ducky! It's bad enough that we've had to put up with the Carolina refs in bball all these years, and now we'll have to put up with Syracuse refs in MLax. Thanks, NCAA! :eek:

Isn't that just ducky! It's bad enough that we've had to put up with the Carolina refs in bball all these years, and now we'll have to put up with Syracuse refs in MLax. Thanks, NCAA! :eek:
I wouldn't worry too much ... NCAA Chief Mark Emmert is an SU grad ... and they flogged us in the NCAA investigation (Emmert doesn't know his a*s from a wheelhouse).