Tomaselli admits it was all a lie...

Discussion in 'Syracuse Basketball Board' started by Jake, Apr 13, 2012.

1. chlywtr

chlywtr 2nd String

i wonder what ms roach's role in this possibilty could be
    Toga likes this.
  2. moqui

moqui Hall of Fame

he described it accurately enough for the Feds to specify items & locations in their search warrant . . . a warrant, by the way, which they would not have been able to get without Tomaselli's now admittedly false statements. For the lawyers out there: does this now mean everything the Feds took can be considered "fruit of the poison tree?"
  3. Raggs

Raggs Walk On

Bingo.
  4. Toga

Toga Hall of Fame

Given how he acts on camera on this story, I've always felt Schwartz was abused himself.
    IthacaMatt likes this.
  5. nolacuse44

nolacuse44 Walk On

I don't practice criminal law, but I believe the rule is that the results of a search warrant that was issued based upon an inaccurate affidavit would not be excluded, unless the law enforcement officials knew the affidavit was false or recklessly disregarded its falsity. So, if the police/federal agents who obtained the warrant to search the Fines' house acted reasonably and in good faith, that ZT later admitted he lied wouldn't matter.
  6. IthacaMatt

IthacaMatt Hall of Fame

Nice catch. You are correct sir.
  7. IthacaMatt

IthacaMatt Hall of Fame

That would certainly explain his zeal for the story.

Just like so many virulently anti-gay people act that way, because they are fighting those impulses within themselves that they don't like having.
  8. br801

br801 All Conference

Damn it, you were supposed to keep this to yourself. If this board ever goes to "invitation only" and the selection committee sees this, the three of us are screwed.
    Sgt Cuse and moqui like this.
  9. CuseEffectWarning

CuseEffectWarning Walk On

What a surprise? My question is who believed thIs story to begin with? Honestly, the Davis story doesn't hold up much better. It's disgraceful the University fired him in that knee jerk reaction to the doctored tape. Typical of cantor, rankings have dropped out of top 60 from 45 pre cantor, acc move, etc. This crew has no spine, opposite of everything Syracuse university stands for.
  10. mountaincuse

mountaincuse Hall of Fame

Dudley Brothers! Nicely done.
  11. dinno28

dinno28 Scout Team

12. strumpfasaurus

strumpfasaurus 2nd String

2 Things

1. Didn't Zach Tomaselli win biggest fan when he was in high school?

2. If Tomaselli was a Syracuse fan I can't even imagine what he would have accused Keith Smart of.
    MSOrange likes this.
  13. Solitude

Solitude 2nd String

One article says that Tomaselli was die hard kansas fan and he was extremely angry that Syracuse beat his team in the title game in '03. Basically he hated us.
  14. priestp

priestp Scout Team

I was told (solid source) that a former basketball player had posted a series of videos on youtube, that consisted mostly of a holiday meal at the Fine's home. (The fine's had hosted a meal for several players during a holiday break)
    Zach watched these videos and used them for references.
    Youtube has since removed the videos.
  15. Cheriehoop

Cheriehoop Moderator Staff Member

Weren't those just of the kitchen/dining room area? Pretty limited views of the house particularly if any abuse was supposed to be committed there. It doesn't seem that descriptions of the kitchen/dining room would be enough.
  16. midloviking

midloviking 2nd String

We may never know what was said between Bobby Davis and Zach Tomaselli. I'm sure Mark Schwarz didn't listen in.

However, we know Mark Schwarz put Zach Tomaselli in touch with Bobby Davis. Why would he do that. Because he saw an opportunity to move the story to a higher level in the media.

Putting ZT in touch with BD indicates to me that Schwarz thought ZT was FOS. It may also indicate that he doesn't quite believe BD. Maybe Schwarz hopes BD will coach ZT on the details of his story. So, the two of them could get their story straight before ZT spoke with the police. Then Schwarz pushes ZT to the Post Standard to "break" the story and files his story immediately after so ESPN gets the national exposure before the Post Standard story propagates on the web.
  17. DoctorBombay

DoctorBombay All Conference

Bingo.
    There was no earthly reason to put 2 accusers together if your only concern is the truth.
    The minute ZT approached Schwartz, the response should've been- "Go to the cops", not, "Here's Bobby Davis' number...you two have alot to talk about".
    And the ridiculous excuse that he did it so that Davis could "vet" ZT's story, should be more than enough reason for Schwartz to be fired.
    I'm disgusted w/ ESPN as it is but you'd expect Bob Ley, Mr. "Dean of ESPN Anchors" to speak up- his own rep & integrity is under question. Unfortunately, the only one asking is Jason Whitlock.
  18. priestp

priestp Scout Team

Apparently, his descriptions were used as proof (lie) that Zach had been to Bernie's home.
  19. midloviking

midloviking 2nd String

20. Toga

Toga Hall of Fame

I doubt the Feds cared that much about his veracity. He was a live body and he was enough to get a warrant.
  21. RandygoCuse

RandygoCuse Starter

Does someone have a link to an article that says that Tomaselli accurately described Fine's house?
  22. KingOtis

KingOtis All Conference

I'm sure it hurt some more when we beat K-State (his actual school) this year...in Pittsburgh of all places.
  23. Toga

Toga Hall of Fame

24. RandygoCuse

RandygoCuse Starter

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex