Tomaselli admits it was all a lie... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tomaselli admits it was all a lie...

A lot of would have, could haves.

You and Moqui had me questioning the NN deal anyways. If NN came it seems a lot of it would have been at the expense of Dirty, and/or DC2. And that might not have been such a good thing.

But there is no mistake in my mind that Shwartz tried to make a story. I am under the believe that he orchestrated a lot of what has happened. I even believe that he (along with the PS) knew right from the get-go that this was as limited as it now seems to appear.
I have never been a fan of the ESPN style of sports journalism, but the way ESPN and Schwartz (and even the PS to a degree) have conducted themselves covering this story has been reprehensible. Apart from the damage caused to the various parties involved, they've made the job of legitimate journalists all the more difficult going forward.

this board has done a really good job fact checking everything right from the start. ZT's timeline, etc. orangenirvana especially.

some sort of crowdsourced document could be pretty easily cobbled together that would be the definitive takedown of ESPN and OTL. anyone googles bernie fine, it would be the first thing that comes up.

it all goes back to one guy's accusations. schwartz orchestrated mike lang's shellshocked involvement and then they coached tomaselli. schwartz should end up in jail for this.

schwartz should just come clean and admit he was abused. it's why he gets so unusually intense over a story he knew was BS. it'll be the only way he gets any slack over this when it's all said and done

Tomaselli told me to "" on facebook a few days before he came forward with his story (read: fairytale) on the OTL Facebook page. Probably a day I'll hope to forget as time goes on.

I'm curious as to what Mark Schwartz has to say for himself with respect to this development. There could be no mistaking that Schwartz was anything but impartial when this was going down. From what I understand Schwartz facillitated communication between Tomaselli and Davis. That would seem to raise some serious ethical questions regarding the manner in which Schwartz presented this story and begs the question of whether Schwartz was in pursuit of the truth or just sensationalism for the sake of telling a lurid story and making himself look like the second coming of Geraldo Rivera.
Shame on Schwarz
Shame on ESPN

this board has done a really good job fact checking everything right from the start. ZT's timeline, etc. orangenirvana especially.

some sort of crowdsourced document could be pretty easily cobbled together that would be the definitive takedown of ESPN and OTL. anyone googles bernie fine, it would be the first thing that comes up.

it all goes back to one guy's accusations. schwartz orchestrated mike lang's shellshocked involvement and then they coached tomaselli. schwartz should end up in jail for this.

schwartz should just come clean and admit he was abused. it's why he gets so unusually intense over a story he knew was BS. it'll be the only way he gets any slack over this when it's all said and done

I'm going to unofficially nominate BleedsOrange44 for this. He did an amazing job following the case on his blog and this type of document would be extremely impressive.

This admission by ZT really earns him the Captain Louis Renault Award...

Without the Fine accusations, the media scrutiny would not have been all over us this year. There would have been no Yahoo report on the testing issues.

Does anyone else think that without the media scrutiny that Fab would have been pushed through and remained eligible and we would have played UK for the title?
OK I am going to go moral here. If "Fab got pushed through" , doesn't that make us Kentucky?

Bobby has admitted talking to Tomaselli at least twice. So no matter what he says about not coaching Tomaselli, he definitely did coordinate their stories.
I definitely agree that they have spoken on at least a few occasions. Coordination of their stories definitely also occurred in some degree. Because of Tomaselli's history of telling lies I just don't want to jump to the wrong conclusions early about Bobby Davis's role in coach Tomaselli just as those did to Bernie Fine when he first was accused. Just gotta wait it out, the truth will all come out in the end.

OK I am going to go moral here. If "Fab got pushed through" , doesn't that make us Kentucky?

No makes us like the other 364 D1 teams. Every schools has some issues.

Tomaselli told me to "" on facebook a few days before he came forward with his story (read: fairytale) on the OTL Facebook page. Probably a day I'll hope to forget as time goes on.
LMAO I was there bro, I was there

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/third_accuser_says_su_coach_be.html

The above story from back in November. An excerpt...a lot of people have some "splaining to do".

Tomaselli alleged in his statement that Fine invited him to a party at Fine’s DeWitt home in 2003 following another SU game, and it describes in detail the inside of Fine’s house at 7001 Tiffany Circle.
Tomaselli’s friend, Rose Ryan, said Saturday she was with Tomaselli and the police at a Marriott hotel room in Albany when one of the detectives read out loud Tomaselli’s statement. She shared the content of the statement with The Post-Standard.
Ryan said she gave Syracuse police a signed statement that alleged Tomaselli told her two years ago in her apartment that Fine had sexually abused him in 2002.
No one witnessed the alleged abuse by Fine, Tomaselli said, and he does not have any physical evidence to back up his allegations.
Federal prosecutors used Tomaselli’s statement to police as proof of possible crimes when they applied to a judge for a search warrant of Fine’s home, according to a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
So if he correctly described Fine's house, but never even met Fine, then Davis must have told him what to say about his house, right?

i want to know more about - jake posting on bb board- then being moved to fine mess then back to bb board-- are bees and jake in a power struggle :)
Actually, it was I who brought it back here ... just so everyone would see it. I then posted why I did so (in another, locked, thread)... and asked that all other Fine threads be started on the Fine Mess board. We Mods are a team!

So if he correctly described Fine's house, but never even met Fine, then Davis must have told him what to say about his house, right?
somebody did

We Mods are a team!
Dudley_Family_02.jpg

I'm curious to what degree and specificity someone needs to describe a home to be deemed legit
he described it accurately enough for the Feds to specify items & locations in their search warrant . . . a warrant, by the way, which they would not have been able to get without Tomaselli's now admittedly false statements. For the lawyers out there: does this now mean everything the Feds took can be considered "fruit of the poison tree?"

Given how he acts on camera on this story, I've always felt Schwartz was abused himself.

he described it accurately enough for the Feds to specify items & locations in their search warrant . . . a warrant, by the way, which they would not have been able to get without Tomaselli's now admittedly false statements. For the lawyers out there: does this now mean everything the Feds took can be considered "fruit of the poison tree?"

I don't practice criminal law, but I believe the rule is that the results of a search warrant that was issued based upon an inaccurate affidavit would not be excluded, unless the law enforcement officials knew the affidavit was false or recklessly disregarded its falsity. So, if the police/federal agents who obtained the warrant to search the Fines' house acted reasonably and in good faith, that ZT later admitted he lied wouldn't matter.

Nice catch. You are correct sir.

Given how he acts on camera on this story, I've always felt Schwartz was abused himself.

That would certainly explain his zeal for the story.

Just like so many virulently anti-gay people act that way, because they are fighting those impulses within themselves that they don't like having.

You and Moqui had me questioning the NN deal anyways. If NN came it seems a lot of it would have been at the expense of Dirty, and/or DC2. And that might not have been such a good thing.

Damn it, you were supposed to keep this to yourself. If this board ever goes to "invitation only" and the selection committee sees this, the three of us are screwed.

What a surprise? My question is who believed thIs story to begin with? Honestly, the Davis story doesn't hold up much better. It's disgraceful the University fired him in that knee jerk reaction to the doctored tape. Typical of cantor, rankings have dropped out of top 60 from 45 pre cantor, acc move, etc. This crew has no spine, opposite of everything Syracuse university stands for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom