tomcat | Syracusefan.com

tomcat

B

BillSU

How about adding another line to your post addendum? We vacated one vs. Loyola in 2009 due to Gaits ineligibility so perhaps it should be nine but we're still the leader or tied for the top in Division I.

Syracuse
is the 17th winningest program in Division 1-A college football history
Only ND (13), USC (12), and Ohio St (9) have more members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame than Syracuse (8)
Syracuse
is one of 16 BCS schools with at least 18 representatives in the College Football Hall of Fame
Syracuse is one of only 8 schools that have won national championships in football and basketball.
Syracuse is the 5th winningest program in Division I college basketball history, trailing only Kentucky, UNC, Kansas and Duke
Syracuse has the 6th highest winning percentage in Division I college basketball history
Syracuse has 45 consecutive winning seasons in basketball, the longest active streak in Division I
Only Syracuse, Duke and Kansas have been to at least one Final Four in each of the last 5 decades
Only Syracuse, Duke and Kentucky have had at least one player drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft the Past 5 Years

>Syracuse has played in 15 Division I National Lacrosse Championships winning 10 which leads all Division I schools<

How about adding another line to your post addendum? We vacated one vs. Loyola in 2009 due to Gaits ineligibility so perhaps it should be nine but we're still the leader or tied for the top in Division I.

Syracuse
is the 17th winningest program in Division 1-A college football history
Only ND (13), USC (12), and Ohio St (9) have more members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame than Syracuse (8)
Syracuse
is one of 16 BCS schools with at least 18 representatives in the College Football Hall of Fame
Syracuse is one of only 8 schools that have won national championships in football and basketball.
Syracuse is the 5th winningest program in Division I college basketball history, trailing only Kentucky, UNC, Kansas and Duke
Syracuse has the 6th highest winning percentage in Division I college basketball history
Syracuse has 45 consecutive winning seasons in basketball, the longest active streak in Division I
Only Syracuse, Duke and Kansas have been to at least one Final Four in each of the last 5 decades
Only Syracuse, Duke and Kentucky have had at least one player drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft the Past 5 Years

>Syracuse has played in 15 Division I National Lacrosse Championships winning 10 which leads all Division I schools<
Good call. I will do that and hopefully update the NBA draft info as well very shortly.

Also, I believe we are down to 18th in terms of D 1-A wins. GT leapfrogged us after their 2014 season, they now stand at 717 wins while we are at 715 wins.

Cheers,
Neil

BillSU said:
How about adding another line to your post addendum? We vacated one vs. Loyola in 2009 due to Gaits ineligibility so perhaps it should be nine but we're still the leader or tied for the top in Division I. Syracuse is the 17th winningest program in Division 1-A college football history Only ND (13), USC (12), and Ohio St (9) have more members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame than Syracuse (8) Syracuse is one of 16 BCS schools with at least 18 representatives in the College Football Hall of Fame Syracuse is one of only 8 schools that have won national championships in football and basketball. Syracuse is the 5th winningest program in Division I college basketball history, trailing only Kentucky, UNC, Kansas and Duke Syracuse has the 6th highest winning percentage in Division I college basketball history Syracuse has 45 consecutive winning seasons in basketball, the longest active streak in Division I Only Syracuse, Duke and Kansas have been to at least one Final Four in each of the last 5 decades Only Syracuse, Duke and Kentucky have had at least one player drafted in the first round of the NBA Draft the Past 5 Years >Syracuse has played in 15 Division I National Lacrosse Championships winning 10 which leads all Division I schools<

"We" vacated one? No. The NCAA vacated one. In my eyes and of all the lax world, we have 11 rings. HHH.

Also, I believe we are down to 18th in terms of D 1-A wins. GT leapfrogged us after their 2014 season, they now stand at 717 wins while we are at 715 wins.

Cheers,
Neil
We were 15th when I started that signature. Damn.

We were 15th when I started that signature. Damn.
Sometime in the early or mid 90'S weren't we 10th? I think I remember seeing that at one point when I was in high school.

Next ones on the list are Pitt at 705, Clemson and Washington tied at 704, Florida at 701, and Arkansas 700.

Hope Babers turns it around quickly.

Cheers,
Neil
If you factor in the recent decision by the NCAA to vacate 11 football wins by Syracuse (you will have to click on the wins column), SU is tied for 22nd in wins. After what the NCAA did with Penn State, I refuse to recognize anything they do.

NCAA Division I FBS football win-loss records - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only private school to do so.
Isn't Notre Dame a "private university"? I can't stand them but its a question that needs to be asked for the Orange to retain this distinction.

Isn't Notre Dame a "private university"? I can't stand them but its a question that needs to be asked for the Orange to retain this distinction.
Notre Dame is indeed private Cali.

However, Notre Dame has never won an NCAA national championship in basketball.

They have, like Syracuse, they have won two Helms national championships for seasons played before the NCAA tournament was held to determine the national champion.

Notre Dame has not won any national basketball titles except for the Helms championship in the 1930s, which does not count.

Notre Dame is indeed private Cali.

However, Notre Dame has never won an NCAA national championship in basketball.

They have, like Syracuse, they have won two Helms national championships for seasons played before the NCAA tournament was held to determine the national champion.

Jinx.

Notre Dame has not won any national basketball titles except for the Helms championship in the 1930s, which does not count.
Thanks Tomcat, I really thought they scored a NC in football.so thanks for setting this straight.

CaliCuse said:
Thanks Tomcat, I really thought they scored a NC in football.so thanks for setting this straight.
ND has won a number of NCs in football.

Basketball is where the Irish fall short.

If UNC can count them, SU can count them
cropped-uncbanners1.jpg