Tonight's gala my friend is speaking | Syracusefan.com

Tonight's gala my friend is speaking

gilardino

Starter
If you recall last year I wrote on the board with a heavy heart how my son lost his best friend Griffin to brain cancer. Tonight, Griffin's mom will be speaking at the gala about her new foundation. Griffins guardians. A non profit organization. Very proud of you Erin.

gilardino said:
If you recall last year I wrote on the board with a heavy heart how my son lost his best friend Griffin to brain cancer. Tonight, Griffin's mom will be speaking at the gala about her new foundation. Griffins guardians. A non profit organization. Very proud of you Erin.
She did a great job. Very articulate, only cried a little when telling Griffin's story. Received a well-deserved standing O when she was done.

the treatment options for brain cancer are so limited but the future is brighter because of friends like yours that dedicate themselves to fighting against it. The Basket Ball is a great place to do it. I'm sorry for Griffin and his family. RIP TBW

TBW.JPG

She did a great job. Very articulate, only cried a little when telling Griffin's story. Received a well-deserved standing O when she was done.
Are the recruits there? Or are they hanging out down on Marshall St.

Must be a busy night at Chuck's. :eek:
Seriously though. It's an important weekend with all the recruits and the coaches were tied up yesterday in Brooklyn and tied up tonight at Turning Stone. I guess we know what Moyer's role is. He must be the chaperone at the craps table.

Seriously though. It's an important weekend with all the recruits and the coaches were tied up yesterday in Brooklyn and tied up tonight at Turning Stone. I guess we know what Moyer's role is. He must be the chaperone at the craps table.

If the coaches were spending every minute of the visits with the recruits we'd never land anyone!! Kids want to be kids, can't do that at JB's house.

the treatment options for brain cancer are so limited but the future is brighter because of friends like yours that dedicate themselves to fighting against it. The Basket Ball is a great place to do it. I'm sorry for Griffin and his family. RIP TBW

View attachment 62361

RE: Brain cancer

If anyone ever needs any help, guidance, etc as it relates to brain cancer, please please please don't hesitate to DM me. We work on a decade-old, 501(c)(3) 100% dedicated to ending brain cancer through research grants, etc.

The disease is insanely underfunded. And you get it, the odds to win are so small.

Brain cancer needs to die.

She did a very nice job... and raised a lot of money from the audience after JB asked people to contribute. Many persons raised their hands... and were immediately contacted by volunteers who took their credit card info.

A tragic story about Griffin. My brother in law was on their Baldrick's team this year (head shaving, children cancer fund raiser at Kitty Hoynes). It's great to hear that their organization did well last night.

It was heartbreaking. So awful to see them go through it. Erin is doing all she can to provide for kids and families who have to go through this. Thank you for everyone who donated and thank you to your brother in law for the support last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom