Total OT | Syracusefan.com

Total OT

OrangeFreek

Starter
hello everyone it's been almost 2 years since I last posted I think. But have been reading the whole time! I lost my wife (F_U cancer) and sports and this forum have helped me through my grief so far.. Thank you everyone who postes it has helped in was I can not explain!

I have a question for people who know about towing campers. Is a ram 1500 hemi going to be able to pull 8600 lbs or should I be looking for a 2500? I understand if this is not he corect place to post this.. Just looking for advice.. Thank you OrangeFreek!!!

Sorry you had to endure such pain. Glad you are making it through the fire.

Can't help you on the truck issue, but rest assured, so long as you are towing that camper to a tailgate or two the post belongs on this forum. Can we sign you up for the (fill in game of your choice here)?

I'd be as concerned about braking with the lighter truck as i would about towing. So sorry to hear about your wife and pray we can eradicate that horrible disease.

hil17.jpg

hello everyone it's been almost 2 years since I last posted I think. But have been reading the whole time! I lost my wife (F_U cancer) and sports and this forum have helped me through my grief so far.. Thank you everyone who postes it has helped in was I can not explain!

I have a question for people who know about towing campers. Is a ram 1500 hemi going to be able to pull 8600 lbs or should I be looking for a 2500? I understand if this is not he corect place to post this.. Just looking for advice.. Thank you OrangeFreek!!!

You don't want the tail wagging the dog. I know what the manufacturers say that their trucks can tow, but in real life scenarios they are a bit off let's say.

8600 lbs is 3/4 ton territory in any book, whether it is diesel or gas.

First F Cancer (and all other premature deaths).

I always try to remember two things when making decisions like this.

1. You almost never regret going bigger/heavier duty/stronger/more industrial/high quality etc but you will often (not always) look back with regret for going smaller/cheaper etc for a variety of reasons.

2. In cases like towing, you can often spend more money getting the smaller truck in the long run as the extra wear and tear is likely to cost as much or more in servicing than just paying the extra up front for the heavier vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom