Tradition With a Spin | Syracusefan.com

Tradition With a Spin

UnknownOrange

2023 Cali Award Winner Points Scored
Board,

I fell into a highlight wormhole and came across this still image and it got me thinking...

Should we start a tradition where we have an offensive captain and a defensive captain both wear 4 and lead the Orange out of the tunnel? A sort of way to pay homage to 44 since it is retired (i think?)\

This was from the NCST game and it just looks bad a$$

upload_2017-8-31_14-57-15.png

Board,

I fell into a highlight wormhole and came across this still image and it got me thinking...

Should we start a tradition where we have an offensive captain and a defensive captain both wear 4 and lead the Orange out of the tunnel? A sort of way to pay homage to 44 since it is retired (i think?)\

This was from the NCST game and it just looks bad a$$

View attachment 108690

It's a good idea, but then offensive linemen couldn't participate.

Since the game hasn't really started at that point, couldn't they be honorary fake jerseys?

Or just have every captain wear a 44 t-shirt over their jersey for the coin toss.

Yeah but that would give off a cheap feeling. I guess at that point just use the actual #44 jersey

Let's convince the best RB in the country to come here, force him to wear 44, and make him the lone captain for 4 years.

After that R. Washington fiasco, I'm now firmly in the it's not a recruiting tool camp. Guys wanted to throw 44 at that kid too remember, what's he doing now? Mop up duties at Coastal? That number should only be given to an upperclassmen who's proven himself both on and off the field. Can you imagine if we had given it to RW? What a joke that would have been.

After that R. Washington fiasco, I'm now firmly in the it's not a recruiting tool camp. Guys wanted to throw 44 at that kid too remember, what's he doing now? Mop up duties at Coastal? That number should only be given to an upperclassmen who's proven himself both on and off the field. Can you imagine if we had given it to RW? What a joke that would have been.
I was just messing around.

2nd string, Charlotte.

That avatar is absolutely amazing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom