Transfer Market | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Market

Everton sign Atsu on a season long loan. Highly talented player just currently surplus to needs at CFC. Nice pick up for them.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...on-sign-chelsea-winger-christian-atsu-on-loan

Everton quietly had a great off season. They kept continuity on their club by keeping Lukau and Barkley when most thought they would leave, and they made a few nice signings on top of that. If they played in any league but the EPL they'd be a lock for the champions league, and even in the EPL they have a legit shot of making top 4.

Everton quietly had a great off season. They kept continuity on their club by keeping Lukau and Barkley when most thought they would leave, and they made a few nice signings on top of that. If they played in any league but the EPL they'd be a lock for the champions league, and even in the EPL they have a legit shot of making top 4.

IMO hey need to make the top 4 this year or they'll be next to get picked off. I work with an EFC fan whom is feeling really good about the contract extensions, as he should, but I reminded him contracts dont make players unavailable but rather just make them more expensive. If they don't break through I can't see that squad staying together for more than 2 seasons but they have the talent to do it. Question is, which team in the top 4 would they be bumping out and I'm not sure I see one.

United have been begging in public for Vidal, DiMaria and Hummels for over a month now with nothing doing.

What I'm reading now is Daley Blind, the young winger from Holland (who Van Gaal originally suggested should stay at Ajax for another year ...), Marcos Rojo (Argentina / Sporting Lisbon), Juan Cuadrado (Columbia / Fiorentina) and the still-injured Kevin Strootman for their midfield, along with Phillipe Mexes from AC Milan to add to their central defense.

Certainly not the world class targets they were looking for originally, but all would be quality signings. And Van Gaal works better with younger players anyway.

United have been begging in public for Vidal, DiMaria and Hummels for over a month now with nothing doing.

What I'm reading now is Daley Blind, the young winger from Holland (who Van Gaal originally suggested should stay at Ajax for another year ...), Marcos Rojo (Argentina / Sporting Lisbon), Juan Cuadrado (Columbia / Fiorentina) and the still-injured Kevin Strootman for their midfield, along with Phillipe Mexes from AC Milan to add to their central defense.

Certainly not the world class targets they were looking for originally, but all would be quality signings. And Van Gaal works better with younger players anyway.

Blind would be a decent signing but not the impact theyre looking for. Rojo, whom we were originally linked to didn't impress at the world cup. He was continuously their weak link in defense though he does offer something going forward. Cuadrado would be a great signing but he will cost them as well as Strootman who's price to united was set comically high. Mexes is a neat player but he's also 32 years old. Not sure what his price tag would be.

If they don't land Vidal and/or Dimaria their transfer season will have been a bust.

United finally gets Marcos Rojo. He plays as a centerback for his club Sporting Lisbon, but was used on the wing by Argentina in the World Cup. It's a start, but United needs so many more players.

Nani may be heading the other way as part of the deal.

United finally gets Marcos Rojo. He plays as a centerback for his club Sporting Lisbon, but was used on the wing by Argentina in the World Cup. It's a start, but United needs so many more players.

Nani may be heading the other way as part of the deal.

As a Liverpool fan I like that Rojo is joining United... that should tell you something. He was a defensive liabilty for Argentina in the WC that got covered up by some great play from their CB's.

As a Liverpool fan, I'd also hate to see Nani leave United.

As a Liverpool fan I like that Rojo is joining United... that should tell you something. He was a defensive liabilty for Argentina in the WC that got covered up by some great play from their CB's.

As a Liverpool fan, I'd also hate to see Nani leave United.

I thought Rojo was solid in the world cup, especially considering he was playing out of position. That said, I'm not sure where United want to use him. Playing him at wing back will put him even further away from his natural position and that seems to be what United needs most (they had Ashley Young playing wing back last weekend for God's sake).

I do believe Rojo will strengthen their back three if that is where they play him, but, they are still a ways off from a Champions League team.

Pelligrini says that Nastasic is going to be shipped out to a club in Italy. He is a quality defender. If I were Man United, I would be trying to get in on this deal, although it's unlikely that City would sell to United.

Pelligrini says that Nastasic is going to be shipped out to a club in Italy. He is a quality defender. If I were Man United, I would be trying to get in on this deal, although it's unlikely that City would sell to United.

Curious what they'll get for him. They paid 12 mil for him just last year

Curious what they'll get for him. They paid 12 mil for him just last year

Geez, I'd love to see him at Chelsea as the back-up centerback they are looking for. Apparently they think Zouma (who they paid 17M for) is too raw (at age 19, are you surprised?).

Geez, I'd love to see him at Chelsea as the back-up centerback they are looking for. Apparently they think Zouma (who they paid 17M for) is too raw (at age 19, are you surprised?).

Abro isn't known for his patience. We signed Coates for 7 mil back in 2011 and he just now is starting to look the part as well as Ilori for 7 mil last year who are now 23 and 21 years old respectively. Honestly, asking any CB in the EPL to be a main player under the age of 25 is a tall task.

I personally feel Zouma will be a very good player. His transfer fee 12 mil BPS / $17 mil will be somewhat recouped in loan fees though and end game you'll have the rights to a solid player that would otherwise cost you much more.

This morning's rumors - Benatia not interested in United, Arsenal making a £15m move for Olympiacos defender Kostas Manolas to replace Vermalen, a measure of United's desperation is that they are now being mentioned as interested in Xabi Alonso of Real, along with all the others they are "on the verge" of signing.

This morning's rumors - Benatia not interested in United, Arsenal making a £15m move for Olympiacos defender Kostas Manolas to replace Vermalen, a measure of United's desperation is that they are now being mentioned as interested in Xabi Alonso of Real, along with all the others they are "on the verge" of signing.

I'll add one. Italian papers reporting Balotelli to Liverpool in the works on a loan w/ buy option. I would take that to strengthen our attack options and give some size/speed/strength up front to go against the giant back lines of City, CFC, Stoke, etc. On an initial loan we could always send him packing if he gets out of line as well.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.i...e-l-offerta-del-liverpool-per-balotelli.shtml

Last edited:
Benatia isn't "interested" in United because he'll probably be headed to Bayern. We've got to bring on another defender with Javi Martinez going down for 6 months. Seems Benatia is first choice with Godin as second choice. Also rumors that Khedira will be Bayern-bound as Real tries to clear salary. He'd be a perfect fit coming back to Germany considering the Schweini and Martinez injuries. Slotting him in next to Alaba in a holding midfield role allows Alaba to get forward more. If you haven't seen his goal from this weekend, check it out.

I'll add one. Italian papers reporting Balotelli to Liverpool in the works on a loan w/ buy option. I would take that to strengthen our attack options and give some size/speed/strength up front to go against the giant back lines of City, CFC, Stoke, etc. On an initial loan we could always send him packing if he gets out of line as well.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.i...e-l-offerta-del-liverpool-per-balotelli.shtml

I agree that Super Mario is a great talent but is a serious malcontent. I don't see Rodgers wanting to out up with his nonsense.

I agree that Super Mario is a great talent but is a serious malcontent. I don't see Rodgers wanting to out up with his nonsense.

The loan aspect of the deal is what makes it an exciting prospect to me. He's familiar to Liverpool already since he would go out there during his time @ City. I didn't realize he's still just 24 years old, seems we've been hearing about him for a decade.

He's a better option than most other strikers we've been linked to for various reasons.

Benatia isn't "interested" in United because he'll probably be headed to Bayern. We've got to bring on another defender with Javi Martinez going down for 6 months. Seems Benatia is first choice with Godin as second choice. Also rumors that Khedira will be Bayern-bound as Real tries to clear salary. He'd be a perfect fit coming back to Germany considering the Schweini and Martinez injuries. Slotting him in next to Alaba in a holding midfield role allows Alaba to get forward more. If you haven't seen his goal from this weekend, check it out.

I would not be surprised to see either player wind up at Bayern, and both would be great additions.

The loan aspect of the deal is what makes it an exciting prospect to me. He's familiar to Liverpool already since he would go out there during his time @ City. I didn't realize he's still just 24 years old, seems we've been hearing about him for a decade.

He's a better option than most other strikers we've been linked to for various reasons.

Maybe Mario will calm down once he marries Fanny, but he's still a major negative in the clubhouse. I just don't see Rodgers doing that to his team chemistry, especially with so many young impressionable guys in the squad.

Jesus, he's only 24. He's the Carl Krauser of soccer.

I'd take Balotelli on loan, but only on loan. If he knew he was a stop gap he might be less inclined to screw up, and as a stop gap, if we had to get rid of him, we could.

EDIT: According to this Balotelli to Liverpool is not going to happen. http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9431468/No-Liverpool-Bid

Last edited:
Jesus, he's only 24. He's the Carl Krauser of soccer.

I'd take Balotelli on loan, but only on loan. If he knew he was a stop gap he might be less inclined to screw up, and as a stop gap, if we had to get rid of him, we could.

EDIT: According to this Balotelli to Liverpool is not going to happen. http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9431468/No-Liverpool-Bid

Yeah just rumors and honestly i'm 50:50 on even wanting him. He would certainly look good on the squad sheet but not sure about anywhere else. He already is known to love the Merseyside night life and obviously everyone is familiar with his on field antics.

I do like him better than Lavezzi, Falcao, etc that we have also been "linked with" though.

Afternoon rumors and deals - Spurs to bid for Chicarito and Fellaini of United (although Fellaini was photographed in a boot today, which would make ANY deal a longshot ...), Jordan Ibe of Liverpool (who looked pretty good in preseason on the US tour) to be loaned out to Bolton for first team football. Mehdi Benatia of Roma does look headed to Bayern for 35M after turning down a pay increase, as Roma looks to City's Nastasic as his replacement. Julio Caesar, Brazil's keeper, to Sporting Lisbon. Nani was photographed receiving a hero's welcome at the airport in Portugal, so that swap deal appears to be done and dusted.

Rojo for Nani + $$ deal has been announced by United.

Chelsea supposedly have bid 35M (always British Pounds when I post without a dollar sign) for Sporting Lisbon's William Carvalho. Competition for Matic, and would permit us to move John Obi Mikel along.

Actually, now that I think about it, this might permit the sale of Ramires to Real Madrid. Ancellotti is a big fan, and they made inquiries earlier in the window. I think Chelsea values him in the low 20s.

Last edited:
Rojo for Nani + $$ deal has been announced by United.

Chelsea supposedly have bid 35M for Sporting Lisbon's William Carvalho. Competition for Matic, and would permit us to move John Obi Mikel along.

It gets interesting now with most big clubs making luxary buys vs need based buys. Prices will likely be up at this point as well. Carvalho may actually be worth that in a few years, and a I rate him fairly high as a player, but at 22 years old that is a bit much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom