Transfer Market | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Market

Does anybody know if Balotelli is good at taking free kicks?

This has not been talked about much but Suarez took Liverpool's free kicks last year, and they are lacking someone for that job this year.

I know Balotelli is great at penalties, not sure about free kicks though.
He is not world class elite at free kicks but as you said he is a great at PKs.

That line up leaves out Coutinho. It will be interesting to see whether Balotelli earns a regular starting place or not, for the first time since I started watching Liverpool there is legitimate competition for starting spots.

If Balotelli doesn't start, past history suggests he will get sulky. I have to admit though, when Rodgers brought Lambert in against Southampton (switching to the 4-4-2 diamond formation you show) Liverpool instantly looked like a much better team.

You can switch Coutinho for Sterling but Coutinho usually runs himself ragged well before 90 mins. It certainly gives us a ton of strong/interesting options formation and lineup wise.

If the past is any indicator Sturridge will miss a few games here and there so PT will be avail,

You can switch Coutinho for Sterling but Coutinho usually runs himself ragged well before 90 mins. It certainly gives us a ton of strong/interesting options formation and lineup wise.

If the past is any indicator Sturridge will miss a few games here and there so PT will be avail,

Assuming the starting line up you chose, and assuming Flannigan, Sakho, and Jones are the defensive substitutes, one of Lambert, Markovic, Coutinho, Can, and Allen isn't even going to make the bench.

And that does not even include Johnson, Enrique, Suso, Lucas (if he stays) and Agger (if he stays). Liverpool have done a great job of leveraging the sale of one star into a complete team.

Assuming the starting line up you chose, and assuming Flannigan, Sakho, and Jones are the defensive substitutes, one of Lambert, Markovic, Coutinho, Can, and Allen isn't even going to make the bench.

And that does not even include Johnson, Enrique, Suso, Lucas (if he stays) and Agger (if he stays). Liverpool have done a great job of leveraging the sale of one star into a complete team.

First world problems.

We need to sign an upgrade for Jones and that will be the last piece of the puzzle.

First world problems.

We need to sign an upgrade for Jones and that will be the last piece of the puzzle.

Bridget Jones IS a sniveling bitch. It would be sooo much better if she would just kill herself.

OK, today's transfer highlights - Man United is in for pretty much everyone in Europe right now - Juan Cuadrado, Angel DiMaria, Fredy Guarin, Sami Khedeira, Brazilian Lucas Silva. (But no central defenders?) I'll believe any of them when I finally see them. Memphis Depay isn't coming - he just signed an extension at PSV Einhoven. Javier Hernandez seems like he might be headed out to AC Milan as a replacement for Balotelli.

Woodward is really blowing his second summer window in a row. Van Gaal really mouthing off in the press. This is getting ugly fast. God help them if they lose at Sunderland on Sunday.

Liverpool also signing Samuel Eto'o? Seems like it's getting close, as he is reportedly in town to take a physical. He was asking for 125K a week, which scared off a lot of mid-table clubs that he was talking to a few weeks ago.

I get the reference but have never seen the movie or that might be hilarious.

Nah, it was just mildly amusing (to me, anyway). Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Di Maria IMO is the last blue chipper who will get moved. Chicharito is a level below. It wouldn't surprise me if Di Maria went to Man U but he wants to play in the UCL so that may kill their chances. Not sure who will get Di Maria he wanted PSG but they didn't want him and I doubt Madrid will just give him away.

OK, today's transfer highlights - Man United is in for pretty much everyone in Europe right now - Juan Cuadrado, Angel DiMaria, Fredy Guarin, Sami Khedeira, Brazilian Lucas Silva. (But no central defenders?) I'll believe any of them when I finally see them. Memphis Depay isn't coming - he just signed an extension at PSV Einhoven. Javier Hernandez seems like he might be headed out to AC Milan as a replacement for Balotelli.

Woodward is really blowing his second summer window in a row. Van Gaal really mouthing off in the press. This is getting ugly fast. God help them if they lose at Sunderland on Sunday.

Liverpool also signing Samuel Eto'o? Seems like it's getting close, as he is reportedly in town to take a physical. He was asking for 125K a week, which scared off a lot of mid-table clubs that he was talking to a few weeks ago.

Nice breakdown. Ive also hear reports that Etoó to Liverpool is as good as done, but I'm not sure I believe them. If true, it will signal that Rodgers wants to play two forwards most of the time.

It seems like DiMaria and Khadera might both move, but I'm not sure where. DiMaria seems to be priced too high for the market, while Khadera (if rumors of a 12Mil transfer are to be believed) is such a great deal that everybody wants him and is fighting over him. Hell for that price I'd want him at Liverpool.

I will be interested to see if anything changes this Wednesday when Arsenal either plays their way into the Champion's League or doesn't.

Nice breakdown. Ive also hear reports that Etoó to Liverpool is as good as done, but I'm not sure I believe them. If true, it will signal that Rodgers wants to play two forwards most of the time.

It seems like DiMaria and Khadera might both move, but I'm not sure where. DiMaria seems to be priced too high for the market, while Khadera (if rumors of a 12Mil transfer are to be believed) is such a great deal that everybody wants him and is fighting over him. Hell for that price I'd want him at Liverpool.

I will be interested to see if anything changes this Wednesday when Arsenal either plays their way into the Champion's League or doesn't.
Any reason for Arsenal to be nervious Wednesday? I know they drew 0-0 on the road and that awful red card, but they won't have margin for error. That match and the Napoli one will be the ones to watch IMO.

Rumored sticking point with Khedira has been the wages he wants vs transfer fee.

Any reason for Arsenal to be nervious Wednesday? I know they drew 0-0 on the road and that awful red card, but they won't have margin for error. That match and the Napoli one will be the ones to watch IMO.

I'd say yes. If Liverpool were facing Besitkas I wouldn't feel supremely confident. They have a solid squad and I don't believe they have any other games being played right now so they will be solely focused on Arsenal. The Turkish league quietly has 4 very good teams most years.

No doubt Arsenal are the favorites, but yes they should be worried. That's a game they can lose, and if they do I don't think a big name defensive mid or striker will sign for them this year.

Demba Ba is dangerous up front and they are a tough tackling, workman-like squad. It won't be easy for the Gunners.

Last edited:
Looking like it has finally happened: Manchester United get DiMaria from Real Madrid for 64M pounds. DiMaria has said his goodbyes at the club.

Sticking with United, another report has them signing Blind from Ajax for 16M pounds and Nigel de Jong from AC Milan for 10M pounds this week. Seem like good realistic acquisitions.

I read that they have upped their offer for Juan Cuadrado to 32M pounds (40M Euros).

Even with those signings, which would be good ones, they still need a strongman in central defense, like Lovgren is looking so far for Liverpool.

Last edited:
Torres swap with Roma for Destro (or outright sale to AC Milan) seems like it might be real. A source in the Daily Mail says Torres won't leave Chelsea unless he is paid the full remaining wages on his contract. Hmm. Where there's smoke ...

Torres swap with Roma for Destro (or outright sale to AC Milan) seems like it might be real. A source in the Daily Mail says Torres won't leave Chelsea unless he is paid the full remaining wages on his contract. Hmm. Where there's smoke ...

That's always been the sticking point. If they can accomodate that I don't see him having any issue leaving regardless of where he goes.

Looking like it has finally happened: Manchester United get DiMaria from Real Madrid for 64M pounds. DiMaria has said his goodbyes at the club.

Sticking with United, another report has them signing Blind from Ajax for 16M pounds and Nigel de Jong from AC Milan for 10M pounds this week. Seem like good realistic acquisitions.

I read that they have upped their offer for Juan Cuadrado to 32M pounds (40M Euros).

Even with those signings, which would be good ones, they still need a strongman in central defense, like Lovgren is looking so far for Liverpool.

Yes, yes! Spend all your money on offensive players while ignoring positions that have a greater need for strengthening!
images

45 on his jersey

. Seems like A message to me - "you're just a squad player until you prove otherwise."

He's always been 45 at club level.

He will wear the No. 45 shirt for the Reds, explaining, “When I first played three or four games with Inter Milan, when I was young, I had No.45 because the numbers for young players were from No.36 to No.50.

“I took No.45 because I was joking that four plus five is nine – and I scored in all four games. It brings me luck and that’s why I’ve always kept No.45.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/08/confirmed-mario-balotelli-completes-16m-liverpool-move/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom