Triche to the Knicks.... | Syracusefan.com

Triche to the Knicks....

He'll get 2-3 minutes a game in the summer league and be cut. I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there. He's a Euro lifer and should embrace that.

Are you a coach or scout? Who are you to say?

Not really a hard prediction to make. I have another one, the sun will come up tomorrow.

You watch a lot of summer league games? You follow the NBA? Did you see Triche's minutes last year in the summer league? Lot's of guys are going to be in the summer league this year, an excellent class of second rounders along with amazing non drafted talent. Sorry, Triche isn't going to get a lot of minutes in the summer league.

two3zone said:
Not really a hard prediction to make. I have another one, the sun will come up tomorrow. You watch a lot of summer league games? You follow the NBA? Did you see Triche's minutes last year in the summer league? Lot's of guys are going to be in the summer league this year, an excellent class of second rounders along with amazing non drafted talent. Sorry, Triche isn't going to get a lot of minutes in the summer league.

He played almost 13 mpg last summer and averaged 6ppg.

And now it's a year later with gobs more talent coming in. We'll see.
Well I guess a hater is gonna hate. But this quote you made is pure nonsense " I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there."

He has an NBA body, an attribute you can't teach. It looks like he came up clutch in his year in Europe. Good for him taking a shot at the big time. I'll be rooting for him, just like every Orange alum.

Zcuse said:
Well I guess a hater is gonna hate. But this quote you made is pure nonsense " I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there." He has an NBA body, an attribute you can't teach. It looks like he came up clutch in his year in Europe. Good for him taking a shot at the big time. I'll be rooting for him, just like every Orange alum.

Because I think he could be great in Europe and he should stick around there and make the absolute best of it I'm a hater and not rooting for him? He could be a loved star there.

He doesn't have NBA anything outside of his body, it is what it is, he'll never be able to play in a backcourt at the NBA level just like BMK will never be a defensive presence at the NBA level.

two3zone said:
And now it's a year later with gobs more talent coming in. We'll see.

I would think he would get the same or more time. May be more talent this year, but it's obvious he's better too. He didn't even get cut last year. He took the Euro contract before that decision was made. Probably would have been cut but he took the sure thing. He was quoted after his Euro season that he'd probably go back for 1 more season to further his game even more. Then go all in on the NBA dream.

But I can assure you, if basketball doesn't work out, he's not staying there for other opportunities. He's a family kid who was homesick but knew he had to do what he did to have a chance to reach his ultimate goal.

two3zone said:
Because I think he could be great in Europe and he should stick around there and make the absolute best of it I'm a hater and not rooting for him? He could be a loved star there. He doesn't have NBA anything outside of his body, it is what it is, he'll never be able to play in a backcourt at the NBA level just like BMK will never be a defensive presence at the NBA level.

Brandon's chances at the NBA and Baye's chances are night and day. No comparison.

rrlbees said:
Brandon's chances at the NBA and Baye's chances are night and day. No comparison.

There is a comparison, neither one has a chance.

I'm glad BT is getting a shot with an NBA team. Not sure the Knicks are the best avenue though. They already have 3 SG's --
JR Smith, Hardaway Jr., and Ellington (not that he's good or anything). They have guaranteed contracts.

I'm glad BT is getting a shot with an NBA team. Not sure the Knicks are the best avenue though. They already have 3 SG's --
JR Smith, Hardaway Jr., and Ellington (not that he's good or anything). They have guaranteed contracts.
I'm really hoping Shump and THjr can be used to move Amare's and Bargs contracts. Wishful thinking but we keep bringing in shooting guards like its going out of business.

never knocked triche's work ethic. kid did have a tendency to "hangdog" after a bad play but he has nice size and a decent stroke and i hope he works his way into a good situation as a backcourt role player.

Because I think he could be great in Europe and he should stick around there and make the absolute best of it I'm a hater and not rooting for him? He could be a loved star there.

He doesn't have NBA anything outside of his body, it is what it is, he'll never be able to play in a backcourt at the NBA level just like BMK will never be a defensive presence at the NBA level.

What's the issue with Brandon giving the NBA a shot? If it doesn't pan out then he can head back to the EU to play. I say go for it man. Why the hell not if you can sign with a team?

Brandon showed flashes but sometimes disappeared. Coach called it a matter of confidence not a matter of skill. He is a much improved player than the Triche we last saw. He is scoring in a variety of ways and his percentages were very good. Players do improve. Look at leonard and Green etc. This way he keeps his visibility and if he tears it up again in the higher Italian League he will have a legit shot.

why wouldnt he spend the summer playing against the best competition in the world in the NBA summer league??

other than injury?? what is the downside??

worse case scenario he goes back to the same league he just tore up??

or he moves up a grade or 2.

Fn idiots here...

why wouldnt he spend the summer playing against the best competition in the world in the NBA summer league??

other than injury?? what is the downside??

worse case scenario he goes back to the same league he just tore up??

or he moves up a grade or 2.

Fn idiots here...
You nailed it.

Although, there are idiots everywhere.

Brandon showed flashes but sometimes disappeared. Coach called it a matter of confidence not a matter of skill. He is a much improved player than the Triche we last saw. He is scoring in a variety of ways and his percentages were very good. Players do improve. Look at leonard and Green etc. This way he keeps his visibility and if he tears it up again in the higher Italian League he will have a legit shot.
Agree. He has a new level of confidence he might not have consistently had in school. Always thought he had a lot of strengths. Physical in the lane, handle, penetration, rebounding. Streaky shot, but I thought he really grew this past season. Next level of competition? Why not? At least he's getting a shot at it, can make the most of it. But it's a dream that he will continue to pursue and that's the way it should be. I hope he makes it.

It's a good opportunity for Brandon since the Knicks need guards bad. But it is unlikely this goes any further than Summer Camp

I'm really hoping Shump and THjr can be used to move Amare's and Bargs contracts. Wishful thinking but we keep bringing in shooting guards like its going out of business.

I'm not, I wouldn't trade shump just to get rid of someone else, if someone really wants him and makes you a great offer, thats one thing, I would hate to see shump tear it up on another team.

I like Triche, but he's not making the Knicks. Maybe another Team if he's lucky. I don't think he's NBA material. But best of luck to him as all of the Former Syracuse Players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom