Triche to the Knicks.... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Triche to the Knicks....

It's always been a mental thing with Triche.

He's got the tools. What fans don't get is that we've only seen flashes of just how good he is. When he's comfortable and happy, he's a star.

Trueblue25 said:
It's always been a mental thing with Triche. He's got the tools. What fans don't get is that we've only seen flashes of just how good he is. When he's comfortable and happy, he's a star.
A star compared to who? Look I love triche but he's not a star in the nba, and it's not just a mental thing. He can be a really good euro players though.

A star compared to who? Look I love triche but he's not a star in the nba, and it's not just a mental thing. He can be a really good euro players though.

I'm not sure I agree with the whole Triche mental thing. He played awesome his senior year. Michigan's Jordan Morgan slipped underneath Triche while he was already in the air on the way to the basket. There's no way that was charge call. Had that call gone the other way Triche might be a huge NBA star right now. I just hope he kicks butt during the D-league play and gets picked up by some team.

Well I guess a hater is gonna hate. But this quote you made is pure nonsense " I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there."

He has an NBA body, an attribute you can't teach. It looks like he came up clutch in his year in Europe. Good for him taking a shot at the big time. I'll be rooting for him, just like every Orange alum.

He met the Rome GM in Las Vegas, where Triche was a member of the New York Knicks Summer League team. Triche rarely played in that tournament, after spending time with the organization learning the triangle offense.

"Personally, it was disappointing, to be honest," he said. "After playing in Trento and playing well, I didn't want to play in the Summer League. I wanted to spend 2-3 years working overseas without the NBA having a close eye on me and then come back and play summer ball. My agent thought it would be a good idea to go to the Knicks. But we just kind of dropped the ball on that."

Even Triche didn't think my quote was non-sense.

I think Brandon's best chance at the NBA would have been going to a college that allowed him to play PG exclusively.

Just my opinion.

I think Brandon's best chance at the NBA would have been going to a college that allowed him to play PG exclusively.

Just my opinion.

Agreed 100%. Then again, coming into college he it could be said he had zero chance at the NBA but played well enough his four years here that he's getting looks, small looks but looks.

two3zone said:
Even Triche didn't think my quote was non-sense.

No place did he say he was going to Rome to look for opportunities outside of basketball. So yes, I would think he'd say your quite was non-sense.

No place did he say he was going to Rome to look for opportunities outside of basketball. So yes, I would think he'd say your quite was non-sense.

It wasn't meant that he should look for a job working at Dairy Queen, it meant building his brand in Europe instead of wasting his time here and becoming a treasure out there like many American's have.....

Agreed 100%. Then again, coming into college he it could be said he had zero chance at the NBA but played well enough his four years here that he's getting looks, small looks but looks.

I was never the biggest BT champion, but it was more his place on the team rather than how he played. I never saw him as a SG and thought he never looked comfortable when he was off the ball.

Again, just my opinion. He was clearly a good player, but it seemed like he was taking one for the team.

two3zone said:
It wasn't meant that he should look for a job working at Dairy Queen, it meant building his brand in Europe instead of wasting his time here and becoming a treasure out there like many American's have.....

"I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there".

"I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there".

Jesus christ, pick my comment a part to hide the fact you're 100% wrong about his NBA opportunities here as well as the opportunities he is going to get for the NBA. It was the off season there and it was meant to mean to work on other opportunities outside of basketball exactly like I said, I could have elaborated a little more and stated endorsements etc etc but I didn't think I would need to as it would probably be implied, but rrlbees is here to the rescue to not let that happen.

two3zone said:
Jesus christ, pick my comment a part to hide the fact you're 100% wrong about his NBA opportunities here as well as the opportunities he is going to get for the NBA. It was the off season there and it was meant to mean to work on other opportunities outside of basketball exactly like I said, I could have elaborated a little more and stated endorsements etc etc but I didn't think I would need to as it would probably be implied, but rrlbees is here to the rescue to not let that happen.

Not picking anything apart. You're usually wrong about a lot of things. Others know how you meant that statement. Own it.

Not picking anything apart. You're usually wrong about a lot of things. Others know how you meant that statement. Own it.

Why don't you quote the WHOLE entire post instead of picking out a part that you think makes me look bad.

He'll get 2-3 minutes a game in the summer league and be cut. I'd be sticking in Europe full time working on opportunities outside of basketball there. He's a Euro lifer and should embrace that.

Am I wrong about a lot of things? That's funny, if you go through my history, because I don't look through the Orange goggles with every post I make, you'd notice that I'm not nearly as wrong as you'd like to think I am. What's funny about this board is I'll make a post like I did when we were doing well and I said we looked like a 8-12 ranked team not a top 3 team and I got flack. We turn into a 8-12 team and I still get flack for originally saying that. If my nose isn't shoved up this programs butt and stiffing the glorious butterflies coming out of it I'm wrong about everything I say. Why don't you own up to half the crap that comes out of your posts?

I was called an idiot about the 8-12 ranked team thing, I was called an idiot saying Ennis could be the 5th point guard taken, and I was called an idiot saying Triche wouldn't get PT in the Summer League. The worst part is that the dolts that called me an idiot before those things are still trying to call me an idiot when they have no clue what their talking about.

Others "know" how I meant that statement? Sorry, as much as you'd like to believe that you're just being cranky and argumentative.

Last edited:
I was able to watch most of the Knick summer league games. Sad to say Brandon showed very little. He played very few minutes and did not look good out there. He is definitely too slow & not athletic enough for the next level. This we all knew, but sometimes superior strength can make up for these shortcomings. Brandon did not effectively use his strength during his cameos. I doubt he even gets a training camp sniff.

In terms of other Knick players who have hope to make the roster here is my take:

Hardaway - he made 2nd team all summer league. He is shooting well & driving to the hole strong. If he can pick up his D enough to stay on the floor he might conceivably be the Knicks 2nd best scorer. Very bright future - he just needs to round his game by improving his D & rebounding.

Aldrich - our old friend - only played one game - he was a huge factor in that game. A bit weak on NBA athleticism, but he has size and some skills. Definitely viable as a 2nd or third center on an NBA roster. he showed some flashes last season & hopefully he can build upon that.

Larkin - I really like this kid. I thought he actually did amazingly well considering he missed most or all of last season. Very fast, decent shot, good handle, a legit pest on D. He will get some minutes as the third PG & should be ready for the backup role after this season. Though he got a lot of minutes it was unclear to me how well he sees the court in terms of playmaking. I think he will be fine in time & has enough upside to be a Ty Lawson type of starter.

Early - very smooth shot, pretty athletic. His one big weakness is that he did not show enough putting the ball on the floor, though he did do some of that the last game or two. He will need to step it up to get minutes ahead of Hardaway, Shump, or JR, though he is bit more of a true three & a bit less of a swingman compared to the other mentioned.

Tyler - I really did not see much different than what we saw last season from him. He has a decent mid-range shot for a big & he can rebound some, but so far that is about it. However, I think he does have some upside.

Shannon Brown - just heard he was cut.

The Greek Kid (I'ld never get his name right) - very athletic, but way too raw to have any chance to be in the NBA this season. IMHO, he is at least two years away if he is ever to improve enough.

As I was watching the NBA draft get into mid-second round, I really wanted Bairstow (the NM kid) to fall to the knicks 2nd pick. It didn't happen & he supposedly had a nice summer league season with the Bulls. Too bad the knicks didn't try to move up & grab that kid. He may turn out to be a second round steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom