Class of 2015 - True Shooters for 2015? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 True Shooters for 2015?

corpjet

Board Prophet
Do we have any true shooters come in next years class? Like Gmac and A. Rautins of old? This obviously is a huge need for this team?

Do we have any true shooters come in next years class? Like Gmac and A. Rautins of old? This obviously is a huge need for this team?

there's probalby a ton of shooters out there. every team seems to have them (except us.)

For class of 2015 (which is not next year's group of recruits), we have two in Malachi and Tyler Lydon

two very good ones, who also happen to be tall athletes! We're good there! Now we need some bigs in 2015!

For class of 2015 (which is not next year's group of recruits), we have two in Malachi and Tyler Lydon
I thought Malachi was more of an all-around scorer (including midrange) and not a particularly dangerous deep threat.

Lydon is clearly a bomber, but with bounce.

I thought Malachi was more of an all-around scorer (including midrange) and not a particularly dangerous deep threat.

He is a deadly shooter from deep, might be the best one in the country from his class.
Silky smooth, my friend.

there's probalby a ton of shooters out there. every team seems to have them (except us.)
Hey Phat ,now that is PHact We gotta get some of that kind of player. One thing that in my mind is consistency with his shot. I understand that every player has a down period when the hand eye correlation,when muscle memory and these needs are not in sync. But going through a whole season when every shot made is greeted anticipation that more MIGHT follow reasonably close in time to the one just made.

Thanks for that, who do we have coming in next year to help shooting wise? Anyone?

Thanks for that, who do we have coming in next year to help shooting wise? Anyone?
I think you're going to like Kaleb Joseph's mid range game but it's going to take some growing pains, especially if TE is still around. He and McCullough can shoot with range, but no pure shooters for the class of 2014.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but we have 2 guys coming in next year, Kaleb Joseph (PG) and Chris McCoulough (F).

McCollough is not really a 3 pt guy, he can shoot it, but he isn't a dead-eye shooter like Southerland was billed coming in. Joseph is a driver, not bomber if that makes any sense. Again, he can shoot it, but he it isn't the best part of his game. I would say he probably isn't even as good a shooter as Ennis was coming in this year.

Our best bet to solve the 3 point woes of this year, is to hope Cooney improves his consistency and that BJ (billed as our 2nd best shooter by JB this year) gets off the bench to be a shooter. That really is our best hope from what I can see.

As tee said, Malachi is an outstanding shooter...he has tremendous range and a knack for the daggers from deep.

It doesn't solve anything next year, but in two years we may have one of our best shooting teams ever with a senior Cooney, BJ, Malachi, and Lydon, along with a guy like Buss who can knock down the three and then Joseph, as well. Plethora of shooters in the 15-16 season.

It doesn't solve anything next year, but in two years we may have one of our best shooting teams ever with a senior Cooney, BJ, Malachi, and Lydon, along with a guy like Buss who can knock down the three and then Joseph, as well. Plethora of shooters in the 15-16 season.

It will be interesting to see if players like Buss and BJ crack the rotation next year, and contribute some perimeter firepower. We could go from having two players who can shoot the three to having three or four. Having one or two of those frosh take the next step would also go a long way toward rectifying the complete lack of bench scoring we've endured this season, as well.

I think Kaleb is going to show a sweet midrange stroke with his ability to break you down even if it takes 10 off the clock its going to be nice. Maybe Flynnlike with the ability to pullup.

I also feel the same about ennis would like to see him shoot midrange more. ncstate was the first team in a long while that kept him out of the midpost. I was shocked they were able to. Similar to what mich did to mcw hope tyler meditates on it.

Last edited:
No chance Buss transfers - he is a 21 year old freshman and would be a 23 year old sophomore by the time he was eligible if he did.

We could use buss on the defenisve end of the ballbigtime. I think hes our one guard that will be able to hound people on the perimeter. I don't see malachi, cooney, BJ doing much of that, maybe Gbinije or Kaleb in the longrun.

It will be interesting to see if players like Buss and BJ crack the rotation next year, and contribute some perimeter firepower. We could go from having two players who can shoot the three to having three or four. Having one or two of those frosh take the next step would also go a long way toward rectifying the complete lack of bench scoring we've endured this season, as well.

I'd like to see us get back to 9 guys again next year. That gives us more offensive options. Coach shouldn't be quite so focused on whether the guy is 100% capable defensively and has to let some of these guys grow into the job. We really could have used another guy to have emerged this year offensively.

I'd like to see us get back to 9 guys again next year. That gives us more offensive options. Coach shouldn't be quite so focused on whether the guy is 100% capable defensively and has to let some of these guys grow into the job. We really could have used another guy to have emerged this year offensively.

Dream away

I know it was never going to happen and I'm glad we got Kaleb, but what I saw last night was the reason last year at this time I was really hoping we got Whitehead.

I think they will

GMAc? Didn't cooney and Ennis hit at a better clip than GMAc?

GMAc? Didn't cooney and Ennis hit at a better clip than GMAc?
Please stop comparing Cooney to GMac. GMac did everything but drive the bus for Syracuse. GMac hit 6 threes in the first half of the title game against Kansas as a freshman. GMac practically won won one big East tournament for us and got us into the NCAA's. He was an incredible warrior who did all that while being an asthmatic.

I hope that Cooney becomes a great player, but to compare him to GMac at this time is silly. Stats. can be very deceiving. The key is can you do it when it counts which is what GMac and Ennis for that matter have proven they can do.

Please stop comparing Cooney to GMac. GMac did everything but drive the bus for Syracuse. GMac hit 6 threes in the first half of the title game against Kansas as a freshman. GMac practically won won one big East tournament for us and got us into the NCAA's. He was an incredible warrior who did all that while being an asthmatic.

I hope that Cooney becomes a great player, but to compare him to GMac at this time is silly. Stats. can be very deceiving. The key is can you do it when it counts which is what GMac and Ennis for that matter have proven they can do.
I didn't...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom