Turn on ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Turn on ESPN

jdubs30

Living Legend
Bruce Pearl is about to show the country how to beat the zone using a bunch of high school kids.

Uh oh, I hope Beilien isn't watching :(

Bruce Pearl is about to show the country how to beat the zone using a bunch of high school kids.

I'm not watching, but I imagine it's something like, "Flash someone to the high post. Make sure you have someone who can cut along the baseline. Get the ball to the high post and make sure to swing it quickly to get the zone overloaded on one side and then reverse it for an open look."

Because the zone is just that easy to beat.

Yeah, but Pearl picks Cuse to beat Michigan... how does that work? :rolling:

sure these high school kids must work cheaper than lingerie models but as far as production value...

I'm not watching, but I imagine it's something like, "Flash someone to the high post. Make sure you have someone who can cut along the baseline. Get the ball to the high post and make sure to swing it quickly to get the zone overloaded on one side and then reverse it for an open look."

Because the zone is just that easy to beat.

It always has been. Amazing it works so well considering how easily the experts break it down. :confused:

I do get it - so I'm not going to hammer him too bad (most of us could break it down in theory), but when you're unfamiliar, and it adjusts to those openings, players seem to lose their minds quickly.

I remember Calhoun did something similar in 2003

Seriously though...how would they demonstrate how to beat a M2M? "Give the ball to the guy with the best mismatch. Hope he makes the shot. Rebound if he doesn't."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom