tv alert: 1985ish SU-Gtown game on time warner right now | Syracusefan.com

tv alert: 1985ish SU-Gtown game on time warner right now

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Ewing, Jackson, Wingate vs. Pearl, Hawkins, Siekaly, Raf, Alexis, Greg Monroe?, etc. With Seikaly having a bunch of blocks. Crazy environment with 34k according to the announcer and this was the game where the Orange was thrown at Ewing game that hits the back board in the first half (I missed it). Looks like the floor was the same type of tartan surface from Manley, with no 3 pt shot yet, 45 sec. shot clock. High energy, with us playing a lot of man to man!

Bill Rafferty working the game with Marv Albert. Check it out.

How did we ever manage in the days before wide screen HDTV.

We liked to think of these games as "wars", but they called a foul if you breathed on a ball handler or shooter.

Higgins is reffing the game.

We liked to think of these games as "wars", but they called a foul if you breathed on a ball handler or shooter.

Higgins is reffing the game.
my God listen to that place. NEVER have heard it that loud! This is some exciting stuff even all these years later. BE in its glorious hay day.

I want Andre Hawkins on this years team!!!

my God listen to that place. NEVER have heard it that loud! This is some exciting stuff even all these years later. BE in its glorious hay day.

The microphones are definitely different now though, because crowds in general don't sound as loud on TV. I remember when the Dome got really loud, the commentators would just not talk at all for like 30 seconds.

good ole fashion court storming, gotta be one of the first ones up here. What a game. Pearl hits a very difficult waning seconds shot to win it.

Ah. Memories. I was a 14 year old lad dreaming of the day i could drink my first dome beer while watching that game from my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The game was way better then (old guy alert). This game flowed freely. Guys took the 1st good shot. JB let them play. No muggings allowed. I really enjoyed watching it last night. Would kill for Raf Addison type shooter on this team.

Hard to explain to the younger folk here, the electricity back then was just something different than it is now (I know, must insert old guy alert). Microphone placement on the telecsasts may be different now, but those games were just on a different level than anything now for some reason...

Hard to explain to the younger folk here, the electricity back then was just something different than it is now (I know, must insert old guy alert). Microphone placement on the telecsasts may be different now, but those games were just on a different level than anything now for some reason...
I think there weren't as many silent watchers in the crowds back then. When things started to get dead in the crowd, someone would start a chant and it would spread. There was also the Dome Ranger and Dome Eddie running around to get people going. The Dome Knitter used to get people riled up too.

Anyone know what happened to the Dome Knitter?

I think there weren't as many silent watchers in the crowds back then. When things started to get dead in the crowd, someone would start a chant and it would spread. There was also the Dome Ranger and Dome Eddie running around to get people going. The Dome Knitter used to get people riled up too.

I think I heard she finished the sweater then rode off into that big knitting mill in the sky.

There were no commercial breaks like they have now. The band actually played more than 1 song a half and it was a great atmosphere.

If I won the mega millions/powerball I'd give 2 donations to SU. One for the football facility, and the other one to buy up all the commercial time to essentially sponsor the band to let them play at every timeout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom