tv app question | Syracusefan.com

tv app question

upperdeck

Living Legend
I really would like to know who is designing the app software for tvs. So many of them feel like no effort at all was put into making the software functional

One example is the CC.

Why do they think its a good idea to put the CC in the middle of the screens? Some choose an opaque type font but others use big huge black 1970s block writing.

Nothing worse than trying to watch sports with the CC across the middle half of the screen. or a movie where it scrolls thru the major parts of the picture.

why not give the users the choice of locations .

Last edited:
I really would like to know who is designing the app software for tvs. So many of them feel like no effort at all was put into making the software functional

One example is the CC.

Why do they think its a good idea to put the CC in the middle of the screens? Some choose an opaque type font but others use big huge black 1970s block writing.

Nothing worse than trying to watch sports with the CC across the middle half of the screen. or a movie where it scrolls thru the major parts of the picture.

why not give the users the choice of locations .
I think I read that something like 33% or more of households use closed captioning. I'm a big fan of it so I know exactly what you are saying. But I was thinking it might be the TV itself or the stations because it seems to be different on different sets and channels. But, yes, nothing is more annoying than when it covers up the scoreboard or somewhere important.

Its likely a mix of software.. Directv has 2 different CCs and they display quite different. But in any of the cases it would pretty easy to give the user the option of where to display it.

Roku lets you change the color and opacity of the closed captioning font and box. I don’t think it lets you change the location though. Mine’s at the middle-bottom, which hasn’t caused any issues for me.

There’s also the fact that some apps have their own closed captioning instead of the operating system’s closed captioning. So there’s some variation there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom