Two or three years Raiders v Jags AFC championship | Syracusefan.com

Two or three years Raiders v Jags AFC championship

GoSU96

Living Legend
Two best young offenses in the league.

Both have second year QB's making big leaps, young high end WR's, quality RB's.

I like Oakland, but I'm not sold on Jacksonville. The Pats beat them like 52-7.

I picked up Derek Carr on the fantasy waiver wire when Tony Romo went down and Matt Stafford decided to stink. That move is paying off much more than I expected - if only the rest of my team didn't stink.

I like Oakland, but I'm not sold on Jacksonville. The Pats beat them like 52-7.

That's why I said two or three years, I didn't say this year.

Well if it doesn't happen nobody will remember, so ok.
I'd be excited if I was a fan. But they wouldn't be the first young QBs to show promise for a couple months and not pan out. Cooper looks like a stud and Crabtree sure picked the right time to skip across town.

The offenses are certainly promising, but the Raiders defense is dreadful and the Jaguars are still below average offensively and flat out bad defensively. They have a long, long ways to go before they sniff a Super Bowl.

I don't really see how they're any more promising than a team like the Bucs right now. Since the 4 INT game, Jameis has been almost flawless for 3 or 4 games in a row now, and the offense is in the top 10 in yards per pass attempt and yards per rush while being top 5 in terms of yards per rush allowed and top 15 in yards per pass attempt allowed. If they simply cut back on penalties, they're probably sitting at 6-2 or better right now.

In all likelihood, I'd bet that none of these three teams come close to a Super Bowl in the next 3 years, but there's certainly some reason for excitement.

The offenses are certainly promising, but the Raiders defense is dreadful and the Jaguars are still below average offensively and flat out bad defensively. They have a long, long ways to go before they sniff a Super Bowl.

I don't really see how they're any more promising than a team like the Bucs right now. Since the 4 INT game, Jameis has been almost flawless for 3 or 4 games in a row now, and the offense is in the top 10 in yards per pass attempt and yards per rush while being top 5 in terms of yards per rush allowed and top 15 in yards per pass attempt allowed. If they simply cut back on penalties, they're probably sitting at 6-2 or better right now.

In all likelihood, I'd bet that none of these three teams come close to a Super Bowl in the next 3 years, but there's certainly some reason for excitement.

Tampa Bay is in the NFC.

Tampa Bay is in the NFC.

Isn't the point that one of those two teams would be going to the Super Bowl though? I just don't see it; neither team is even close to being an AFC contender as things currently stand. They'll need to really nail the upcoming drafts/free agency periods if they want to improve that much in 2 or 3 years.

So is New England.

Brady isn't going to be there forever.

Forgot about Cincy, they might be the next top team.

Raiders are 1st in 2016 cap space, Jacksonville 4th. Jacksonville's first round pick is out with an injury this year.

Isn't the point that one of those two teams would be going to the Super Bowl though? I just don't see it; neither team is even close to being an AFC contender as things currently stand. They'll need to really nail the upcoming drafts/free agency periods if they want to improve that much in 2 or 3 years.

Oakland has gone from 32nd last year on offense to 8th, Jacksonville 31st to 16th.

On defense Oakland has gone back a from 21st to 30th, but Jacksonville has gone from 26th to 18th

It was a bit of hyperbole, but those two teams seemed to have done well getting drafting at QB and have the pieces to help them succeed.

Brady isn't going to be there forever.

Forgot about Cincy, they might be the next top team.

Raiders are 1st in 2016 cap space, Jacksonville 4th. Jacksonville's first round pick is out with an injury this year.

I'd like to see the Raiders return to prominence. It would be good for the NFL.

Two best young offenses in the league.

Both have second year QB's making big leaps, young high end WR's, quality RB's.

I hope so. After a bleak decade plus it's refreshing to see the Raiders look like a real football team again.

After free agency and the draft this really could happen.

Oakland's defense is going to be really good.

Bortles looks like the real deal too.

The Raiders could win the nfc west this year, I really like what the Jags did in the draft.

Record should be helped by playing afc south this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom