Two years ago | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Two years ago

How the F does a D1 team make one basket outside the paint? That's legit insanity.

The humorous part about that stat, to me at least, was that it was Jememy Grant of all people drilling the 17 footer(Thanks for the highlights, by the way, G!).

Of course when you have players who can take it to the rim and finish consistently, you don't necessarily need to be taking lower percentage shots.

if anyone wants to relive the painful memories

I've never seen any of that as I had to go to a wedding in Cleveland that day. I went to the Thursday game in Buffalo but then had this wedding to go to. Had to follow the game on my phone. Worst. Feeling. Ever.

I'm sure he'd like to make his shots more than you want him to make his shots, but I'm sure you've never thought of it.

Hope he has a big game on Friday, and makes people like you give it up.

It's become a borderline obsession of the board.

Yes we know he's missed shots and thats why we've struggled down the stretch the last couple years, but my god you beat it to death and prove it over and over again with your posts in this thread.
Perhaps because, there is no bigger issue than Cooney's inefficiency?

How the F does a D1 team make one basket outside the paint? That's legit insanity.

Didn't we have a game like that against Louisville as well? May have been the same year

That's been the trajectory of our offense ever since Dion turned pro.

Here is the box score for the game two years ago:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400548467

We have four players who were on the roster then but only two who played in that game, Gbinije and Cooney, who scored 10 points between them in 47 minutes of play, (the others were Coleman, who was injured and Roberson who, in JB's words "wasn't able to help us" that year). Cooney's stats: 1 for 6, 0 for 4 from the arc, 2 points. We'll need more than that Friday. Gbinije had his best game that year, hitting 4 of 5 from the field and scoring 8 points, although he didn't exactly fill up the stat sheet otherwise. It was a flash of what was coming later. The big stat of the game is that we were 0 for 10 from three point range.

Dayton had five players who are the current team, four of whom played, (Bobby Wehrli had a DNP). Kyle Davis played 3 minutes and Kendall Pollard played 8 minutes. Scoochie Smith played 18 minutes and scored 5 points. Dyshawn Pierre was their leading scorer with 14 points in 32 minutes.

Two final observations:

That's a small number of players to be on the same team two year's later.It's a comment on the state of college basketball. We could have had Tyler Ennis at the point and Jerami Grant and Chris McCullough at forward.

Three schools have beaten us twice in the NCAA tournament, all at least a generation apart: Duke, Kentucky and Ohio State. These Dayton players have a chance to do it twice in their careers. A guy named Scoochie must not be able to go through life saying "I eliminated Syracuse twice!" This must not be allowed to happen!

You answered a question I had. Someone said they would be used to playing us. I don't think so based on your research. Nice job.

Hopefully, our 2-3 zone will be more effective against Dayton's current team.

ill never understand ennis taking that pull up jumper after we got that steal with like 20 seconds left down 1. he was killing them driving to the basket.

He was thinking about his NBA contract at the time.

I'm sure he'd like to make his shots more than you want him to make his shots, but I'm sure you've never thought of it.

Hope he has a big game on Friday, and makes people like you give it up.

It's become a borderline obsession of the board.

Yes we know he's missed shots and thats why we've struggled down the stretch the last couple years, but my god you beat it to death and prove it over and over again with your posts in this thread.

We just talk about it to bother you.

You answered a question I had. Someone said they would be used to playing us. I don't think so based on your research. Nice job.

Hopefully, our 2-3 zone will be more effective against Dayton's current team.

They only got 55 points two years ago. We lost because we were 0 for 10 from the arc.

I really like our chances in this game. It was amazing how bad we played two years ago and we still should have won. I think Tyler Lydon could have a big game as a stretch 4 since they don't have a lot of size.

I really like our chances in this game. It was amazing how bad we played two years ago and we still should have won. I think Tyler Lydon could have a big game as a stretch 4 since they don't have a lot of size.

Lydon has been our second best player since the start of February, pretty much the exact same time Mal and Cooney went in the tank. He's our second leading scorer and leading rebounder since February first. We better see a lot of high pick and roll with him Friday. He should be shooting the second most shots on the team at this point.

Lydon has been our second best player since the start of February, pretty much the exact same time Mal and Cooney went in the tank. He's our second leading scorer and leading rebounder since February first. We better see a lot of high pick and roll with him Friday. He should be shooting the second most shots on the team at this point.

What the heck happened to Malachi? He probably got a girlfriend and she's draining away his mojo.

What the heck happened to Malachi? He probably got a girlfriend and she's draining away his mojo.

The only part of his game that changed/improved these past few weeks is finishing better around the basket on cuts and dribble drives

You would think, right? Somehow, I still expect to see Coleman out there at the top of the key... <SMH>

Hopefully the game doesn't come down to a point like our last game or last vs them, because the team seems ineffective at setting those picks youre hoping for when we need them most. For anyone who missed it, Boeheim said someone failed on an assignment on that last inbound play. I'm guessing it involved a screen. Maybe JB went hard on screens in practice since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom