Tyler Ennis scores 17 points 5 assists in NBA D-League game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis scores 17 points 5 assists in NBA D-League game

Certainly a good thing. They got paid, and hopefully were/are being smart with that money.

I do think if Fab and Donte had more well developed games upon entering the league, they would've each had a better chance to stick in the league for much longer than they did. Being out of the league by age 23 was certainly not what was hoped for in either case. Even for late first rounders, once a guy gets a bad rap it's pretty much over for them.

Some of the "you have to go no matter what as soon as you're sure you'll get drafted, start the earning clock immediately!" crowd on here have pointed out that John Wallace came back to school and greatly improved his game in that year, and yet his NBA stock stayed the same. True enough, but Wallace also lasted in the NBA for 7 seasons which isn't bad at all for a late first rounder and likely would not have happened if he left too early. Junior John Wallace would've gotten no run at all in the NBA and may have never gotten the chance to show he belonged. As it is, he lasted several seasons longer than Donte did because his skills were further developed and he had more to his game, despite having some of the same exact limitations as Donte(too small to guard 4's, too slow to guard 3's).
I'm not sure the book is written on Donte yet. He makes good money playing ball internationally. I know he's considered a fringe NBA player in some circles and might get a shot elsewhere.

just my opinion but last years top end draft was also more loaded than this years appears to be. just saying'.

I don't know how many times I have to say this Tyler is NOT in the D league. They send him and TJ Warren for one or two games about once a month to give them serious court playing time. They are both back with the Suns today. Word is that the Suns love him as well as the players. They are big on both Tyler and TJ for the future and that is why they keep them here. They want them practicing with the team.

Forgetting the stay or go argument for a moment: why does Phx keep bringing up and sending him back? In the last 11 games with the big club he got almost no pt, so why did they bring him up?

Wasn't trying to suggest that, rather that on his current path he'll be lucky to get a second contract.
Fair enough. He's two or three years away from that point though.

Forgetting the stay or go argument for a moment: why does Phx keep bringing up and sending him back? In the last 11 games with the big club he got almost no pt, so why did they bring him up?

Probably to get him ready for next year by having him practice against Dragic and Thomas, and to work on his game with their coaching staff.

Over/under minute mark before Kaleb gets pulled from the game tomorrow?

Probably to get him ready for next year by having him practice against Dragic and Thomas, and to work on his game with their coaching staff.
Yeah, they're probably having them work on their game through player development. I know, the NBA doesn't care about player development. Against all odds though, they must think they can get better in practice and matching up with other pros.

Good God--things have gotten so bad that to get to a "positive note", we have to resort to one of the top-5 point guards in the history of our program getting 5 assists in the D-League??? Just shoot me now.

I sorry to here you were enjoying all the negativity. I was just glad to hear TE actually had a good game. Or were you reading my post as something negative. If yes, then please go ahead and shoot yourself. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I don't know how many times I have to say this Tyler is NOT in the D league. They send him and TJ Warren for one or two games about once a month to give them serious court playing time. They are both back with the Suns today. Word is that the Suns love him as well as the players. They are big on both Tyler and TJ for the future and that is why they keep them here. They want them practicing with the team.

Obviously you are smarter than the people who write for The Post:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...n_nba_d-league_with_bakersfield_jam_vide.html

Tyler could have stayed at SU and ended up in the same position financially, or better, next year. Definitely a better position from a basketball experience standpoint.

Tyler could have stayed at SU and ended up in the same position financially, or better, next year. Definitely a better position from a basketball experience standpoint.

I think would've ended up in a similar spot this year's draft. Draft isn't as deep this year but the NBA has another year to pick apart his game and he loses a year of "potential".

"Some of the "you have to go no matter what as soon as you're sure you'll get drafted, start the earning clock immediately!" crowd on here have pointed out that John Wallace came back to school and greatly improved his game in that year, and yet his NBA stock stayed the same. True enough, but Wallace also lasted in the NBA for 7 seasons which isn't bad at all ..."

let's not also forget that senior john wallace came back and led syracuse to the NCAA title game.
go ahead and put a dollar $ figure on that memory as far as life experiences go.

"Some of the "you have to go no matter what as soon as you're sure you'll get drafted, start the earning clock immediately!" crowd on here have pointed out that John Wallace came back to school and greatly improved his game in that year, and yet his NBA stock stayed the same. True enough, but Wallace also lasted in the NBA for 7 seasons which isn't bad at all ..."

let's not also forget that senior john wallace came back and led syracuse to the NCAA title game.
go ahead and put a dollar $ figure on that memory as far as life experiences go.

I see your Wallace and raise you Terrence Morris, Chris Thomas, Marcus Smart, and James Michael McAdoo.

I couldn't really care less about the Developmental League. And as someone else pointed out Jerami Grant had 16 pts in an actual NBA game.

Last edited:
I see your Wallace and raise you Terrence Morris, Chris Thomas, Marcus Smart, and James Michael McAdoo.

Marcus Smart was still top 10 and got drafted by a great franchise. I think he made out just fine

Marcus Smart was still top 10 and got drafted by a great franchise. I think he made out just fine

He would have been drafted at the same time (or earlier) in 2013. So he actually lost money.

but like I read here a lot, it's all about the 2nd contract. In his case maybe he didn't feel he was mature enough to handle pro ball. Going when you're ready with a bonus of going to a good franchise increases the liklihood of getting that second deal and not flaming out like Donte Green and Johny Flynn.