Tyler Lydon is averaging... | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon is averaging...

RF2044

Living Legend
...8.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.

Impressive start.

Can't wait to see what the kid is capable of in two years, when he weighs 230. I know, I know -- insert the obligatory he's gone after next year posts...

Last edited:

Impressive start.

Can't wait to see what the kid is capable of in two years, when he weighs 230. I know, I know -- insert the obligatory he's gone after next year posts...

next year? there is talk of him going pro this year!

Impressive start.

I just wish he'd shoot more!

It's a different time and different game now. Richardson and Lydon are both already on the NBA radar, and all it takes is a first round grade and these guys are gone. Just enjoy them while they are here because college careers don't last too long for big time recruits.

Lydon is hopefully here this year and next. No way he makes it to his Junior year. If we make the Tourney and Lydon plays a major role he may be gone this year. Players his size with his skillset aren't very common and the NBA is obsessed with stretch 4's and he's athletic too?... Scouts are drooling.

He's had a good start but I expect a lot of tough games for him once we get into our ACC schedule.

Also, remember Chris McCullough's hot start?

Lydon is hopefully here this year and next. No way he makes it to his Junior year. If we make the Tourney and Lydon plays a major role he may be gone this year. Players his size with his skillset aren't very common and the NBA is obsessed with stretch 4's and he's athletic too?... Scouts are drooling.
Yep, both Tyler and Malachi have games that are very conducive to the NBA style of play.

He's had a good start but I expect a lot of tough games for him once we get into our ACC schedule.

Also, remember Chris McCullough's hot start?

Lydon is more skilled the McCullough IMO. Not saying he won't have tough games, but his game is more well rounded at this point.

Sounds weird to say, but I hope Lydon IS gone after his soph year to the NBA. That would mean he tore it up for 2 years and really helped Cuse excel. Naturally, I want him there for 4, but that might mean he's more so-so and less NBA-worthy. Who wants that? This assumes he actually is ready after 2 with some added bulk too.

Impressive start.

The most impressive part is he is averaging 8.5 and he doesn't look for his shot that often. I really hope he shoots more as the year goes on because he can flat out stroke it.

The most impressive part is he is averaging 8.5 and he doesn't look for his shot that often. I really hope he shoots more as the year goes on because he can flat out stroke it.

not to nitpik, but he isnt avg'ing 8.5/8.5 per game. that was after the 2nd game. He is avg'in 7.3 and 8.

Not bad by any means - but he is not going pro this year unless something insane happens over the next 30 games.

Please stop saying otherwise until there is a shred of evidence that he may go pro this year. And Mali is not going pro either.

not to nitpik, but he isnt avg'ing 8.5/8.5 per game. that was after the 2nd game. He is avg'in 7.3 and 8.

Not bad by any means - but he is not going pro this year unless something insane happens over the next 30 games.

Please stop saying otherwise until there is a shred of evidence that he may go pro this year. And Mali is not going pro either.
See Grant, Jerami and Ennis, Tyler.

See Grant, Jerami and Ennis, Tyler.

Grant was a sophomore and was playing his natural position. Lydon is playing out of position and is not ready for the big boys.. He will get pushed around this year.

Ennis had a freshman year that we could only dream Lydon will have. He will not come close to that year. I think you forgot how good Ennis was that year

Just keep telling yourself that. Then when one or both declare for the draft be sure to get all pissy and complain how they are not ready, too thin, etc. I'll just enjoy watching them and appreciate them while they are at SU, however briefly that may be..

Grant was a sophomore and was playing his natural position. Lydon is playing out of position and is not ready for the big boys.. He will get pushed around this year.

Ennis had a freshman year that we could only dream Lydon will have. He will not come close to that year. I think you forgot how good Ennis was that year
And I think you forgot how/why guys end up being draft picks.

And I think you forgot how/why guys end up being draft picks.

All of the guys you mentioned were projected in the draft before the season started or top recruits.

The ONLY place I've seen Lydons name mentioned for the NBA is this site. I'd be shocked if he is drafted this year or declares.

All of the guys you mentioned were projected in the draft before the season started or top recruits.

The ONLY place I've seen Lydons name mentioned for the NBA is this site. I'd be shocked if he is drafted this year or declares.
hey I'm not predicting he'll go after this year, just saying that if he shows enough he'll get on the radar and then you just never know

hey I'm not predicting he'll go after this year, just saying that if he shows enough he'll get on the radar and then you just never know

It's true, there is a chance with his size and fluidness he can hop up on some boards, but probably for next year but possibly this year.

With our recent departures I can see why the fan base would think Lydon is a one and done candidate, but outside of Syracuse not a lick has been said or mentioned. He's just too far off the radar right now.

I think Lydon will be here next year. He needs to learn how to use his skills to be the man on the team, not just a complimentary piece. The biggest area for him to improve besides strength is his offensive aggressiveness. He has the ability to be an efficient offensive player, he needs to grow into it.

I think Lydon will be here next year. He needs to learn how to use his skills to be the man on the team, not just a complimentary piece. The biggest area for him to improve besides strength is his offensive aggressiveness. He has the ability to be an efficient offensive player, he needs to grow into it.
Reminds me of Sean Kerins.

I see about a 1% chance of Lydon going pro. Just ain't happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom