Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

He looks like a versatile forward to me. It is hard to tell if he will be ready to contribute, or if he will even have to, as a freshman, but he is very skilled and fairly athletic. He seems very motivated to get better and stronger and he would appear to be very competitive on the floor. That is a winning combination. I can't wait to see him in orange.

Sadly I think we must give up hope for his return. In the mean time I am still waiting for a response letter from Disney for the chemical make-up of flubber. If so, a few of us could find excuses to go back to SU for additional degrees and use some eligibility right? Even if for the occassional late game, taking off from the 3pt line dunk?

That's clearly not what I was trying to say. Keep the sarcasm to your self. I was referring to the fact that he looks so effortless in his elevating that maybe someday if he put on serious weight he could develop some skill in the post, though that's not why we recruited him.

I played basketball to stay and shape and I've been able to dunk since I was 16. I'm not saying it's surprising because he's white.

White men can't jump? Tell that to Craig Forth... oh wait

Exactly. Metabolism is different at 30 plus vs 20 as well. Ive spent the last few yrs trying to get back in shape. Everytime you get close life gets in the way.
Hell, by the time you get to be 71 you don't even have a metabolism. I guess that's why they invented the blue pill to help your metabolism.

Hell, by the time you get to be 71 you don't even have a metabolism. I guess that's why they invented the blue pill to help your metabolism.
that's not what the blue pill is for Vic

Important Lydon Linkage
Click "View Highlights" for each game, and he's featured in every one I clicked, ie, points, rebounds etc.
Select Basketball M-VA for his schedule and results, then click the "View Full Schedule" link somewhere on the right.

Edit: from going through each game, only one in which he wasn't mentioned and all except one other game, he had double doubles, some games as many as 16 rebounds. And this is New Hampton School, always competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
From http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=894254
"New Hampton scored a league victory on Saturday night, winning 87-69 over South Kent at Smith Gymnasium. The first half was an up and down affair, with a late South Kent three putting the visiting Cardinals up 43-42 at the half. The second half was tight until about the ten minute mark, when a 13-0 Huskies run put the New Hampton up 63-53. South Kent would not get back within 8 as the Huskies pulled away. Tyler Lydon '15 (Elisaville, NY) led the Huskies with 15 points and 14 rebounds"

From http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=894254
"New Hampton scored a league victory on Saturday night, winning 87-69 over South Kent at Smith Gymnasium. The first half was an up and down affair, with a late South Kent three putting the visiting Cardinals up 43-42 at the half. The second half was tight until about the ten minute mark, when a 13-0 Huskies run put the New Hampton up 63-53. South Kent would not get back within 8 as the Huskies pulled away. Tyler Lydon '15 (Elisaville, NY) led the Huskies with 15 points and 14 rebounds"

The more I hear / learn about this kid, the more excited I get about his rebounding aptitude. I LOVE bigs who excel on the glass and come in with a nose for rebounding, as opposed to raw athletes who have all the tools to be successful rebounders but somehow don't bring it.

http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=897636

Huskies Hold Off Northfield Mount Hermon
spacer.gif
1/24/2014
New Hampton scored a key home league victory on Friday night, defeating Northfield Mount Hermon by a count of 71-65. The Huskies opened up a 39-28 halftime lead and stretched it all the way to 51-31 midway through the second half, but the visitng Hoggers would not go quietly, eventually pulling to within 6 with under 3 mintues to go. However, several missed shots kept Northfield from getting any closer, and the Huskies were able to put the game away at the line. Mike LeBlanc '14 (Dover, NH) and Elijah Bryant '14 (Braselton, GA) led the way with 14 points, while Tyler Lydon '15 (Elisaville, NY) added a double-double, scoring 12 points and pulling down 13 boards. Donovan Love '16 (Cranston, RI) was impressive, adding 11 points. The two teams won't have to wait long for a rematch, as the Huskies travel to Northfield on Sunday for a 2 pm tip.

http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=897636

Huskies Hold Off Northfield Mount Hermon
spacer.gif
1/24/2014
New Hampton scored a key home league victory on Friday night, defeating Northfield Mount Hermon by a count of 71-65. The Huskies opened up a 39-28 halftime lead and stretched it all the way to 51-31 midway through the second half, but the visitng Hoggers would not go quietly, eventually pulling to within 6 with under 3 mintues to go. However, several missed shots kept Northfield from getting any closer, and the Huskies were able to put the game away at the line. Mike LeBlanc '14 (Dover, NH) and Elijah Bryant '14 (Braselton, GA) led the way with 14 points, while Tyler Lydon '15 (Elisaville, NY) added a double-double, scoring 12 points and pulling down 13 boards. Donovan Love '16 (Cranston, RI) was impressive, adding 11 points. The two teams won't have to wait long for a rematch, as the Huskies travel to Northfield on Sunday for a 2 pm tip.

Does that Sharma kid still play for NMH? I liked his film. Kid gets up and down the floor really well. If Lydon did that against him, that's a solid performance.