Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

I wonder if Mean Gene would make equivalent exaggerated reactions after reading a few selected posts of mine? For me that was the golden era of wrestling ;)

I don't follow wrestling so I thought you were talking about Mr. Green Jeans on Captain Kangaroo or Jean Jean the Dancing Machine...lol

Last edited:
I don't follow wrestling so I thought you were talking about Mr. Green Jeans on Captain Kangaroo or Jean Jean the Dancing Machine...lol

Ha it's been a long time since I followed wrestling, but it's been even longer since I've seen Mr Green Jeans! I have to give respect to someone who was a Captain long before me. RIP Robert Keeshan

Had an opportunity to watch Lydon play in the New England Prep School Showcase today at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven. This is the second time I've seen him play in this event. His level of play is about on par from what I remember last year. He's fundamentally sound player who rarely makes a mistake but doesn't look to push things. Tyler took only eight shots in this game, making five, and finishing with 11 points, six rebounds and three steals, by my count. He had one three from the corner, airballed another trey and barely missed a shot just from beyond halfcourt at the first-half buzzer. Tyler doesn't look to put the ball on the floor much, and would rather pass to his teammates for open shots. He is a good a passer. He had a couple of nice running floaters in the lane, a put back and a dunk. But he was pretty quiet offensively, as he was the last time I saw him. Tyler had 11 points and three rebounds in New Hampton's game on Saturday. The kid has such good from on his shot, so it would be nice to see him to get to the foul line more often. He took two free throws over the course of two games, missing both, but he is a very good free throw shooter. The upside for Lydon is that he'll be a four-year player at SU and may start by his junior year, depending on our recruiting success. The downside is that he continues to be very thin at 6-9 and needs to put on at least 20 pounds to be ready for college basketball. I was sitting between assistants from Xavier and Georgetown during the game and they both chuckled when one asked whether Lydon was going to SU. I suspect they believe he needs to pack on some muscle. Lydon won't play much next year, if at all, and could use a redshirt year, but he's someone that will be heard from in a few years.

Had an opportunity to watch Lydon play in the New England Prep School Showcase today at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven. This is the second time I've seen him play in this event. His level of play is about on par from what I remember last year. He's fundamentally sound player who rarely makes a mistake but doesn't look to push things. Tyler took only eight shots in this game, making five, and finishing with 11 points, six rebounds and three steals, by my count. He had one three from the corner, airballed another trey and barely missed a shot just from beyond halfcourt at the first-half buzzer. Tyler doesn't look to put the ball on the floor much, and would rather pass to his teammates for open shots. He is a good a passer. He had a couple of nice running floaters in the lane, a put back and a dunk. But he was pretty quiet offensively, as he was the last time I saw him. Tyler had 11 points and three rebounds in New Hampton's game on Saturday. The kid has such good from on his shot, so it would be nice to see him to get to the foul line more often. He took two free throws over the course of two games, missing both, but he is a very good free throw shooter. The upside for Lydon is that he'll be a four-year player at SU and may start by his junior year, depending on our recruiting success. The downside is that he continues to be very thin at 6-9 and needs to put on at least 20 pounds to be ready for college basketball. I was sitting between assistants from Xavier and Georgetown during the game and they both chuckled when one asked whether Lydon was going to SU. I suspect they believe he needs to pack on some muscle. Lydon won't play much next year, if at all, and could use a redshirt year, but he's someone that will be heard from in a few years.

Nice review on TL's play. Quick question (because I don't follow his HS team) - who provides the offense for his team? Is TL a complementary player on this team? Does he need to score for the team to be successful?

I'm only asking because I would like to understand whether TL is deferring to his team mates, who may be better setup to score, or if he just lacks confidence in this area.

Thanks.

ORANGEsPHK said:
Nice review on TL's play. Quick question (because I don't follow his HS team) - who provides the offense for his team? Is TL a complementary player on this team? Does he need to score for the team to be successful? I'm only asking because I would like to understand whether TL is deferring to his team mates, who may be better setup to score, or if he just lacks confidence in this area. Thanks.

He defers to his teammates quite often. There's a number of players on New Hampton who can score. I think Hampton's point guard, Crosby, is going to Dayton.

How come this forum doesn't rate as high as the football recruiting forum? They get the status of the kids updated on their thread titles whenever they commit or sign their LI?

How come this forum doesn't rate as high as the football recruiting forum? They get the status of the kids updated on their thread titles whenever they commit or sign their LI?

This is just my opinion (and I don't think it's a big issue) - I think adding all of the extra text mucks up the threads, especially on this forum because there are way fewer commits.

This is just my opinion (and I don't think it's a big issue) - I think adding all of the extra text mucks up the threads, especially on this forum because there are way fewer commits.

To add, if you follow bball recruiting at all you should be able to name every committed recruit without much thought.

Lydon being Lydon.

tqY0t.png

Lydon ties a team high contributing 13 points in a win yesterday. Important to note they played everyone on the roster. New Hampton, from what I've seen, normally does spread the wealth so you usually don't see Tyler get extended minutes in many of these outings.

I struggle to determine who a good comp for Lydon is from recent Syracuse athletes. When is the last time we had a true stretch 4 who could bang on the boards for team USA and was coming into SU expecting to be a minimal contributor his freshman year if everybody else shows up as expected?

I'm at a loss there.