Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

Lazor was always fine playing offense. His problem was that he was one of the worst defensive players that ever tried to play at SU. Was completely clueless out there...reminiscent of players like Erik Williams and Ethan Cole.

While my respect for the Norwich Purple Tornado basketball program is extremely high, the level of play of their opponents was not good. Lazor came into the SU program woefully unprepared for the rigors of the highest level of college basketball. He didn't get great foot speed, struggled to cover the area of the zone he was responsible for, and on defense anyway, appeared to have the attention span of a gnat. I think he still holds the all time record for for the fastest JB hook (6 seconds).

Lydon is playing prep ball in NE; that might be the highest level of ball you can play before college, so he is going have an huge advantage on Lazor from that perspective.
Lydon is definitely quicker and appears to have a much higher basketball IQ than Lazor as well. He is also a lot more physical and willing to bang down low. Needs to get stronger, just as Bobby did.

They are similar in terms of their height and ability to shoot from the outside but that is about it. I think Lydon is far more athletic, far quicker, jumps much better, and has a much higher ceiling than Bobby did.

It is tough for a slowish 6'9 kid who likes to play on the perimeter to be successful at SU. If you are 6'9, you better be quick and athletic to play on the wing in the 2-3 or you better be able to play in the middle of the zone. If you can't do either, you should play at a school like Arizona St or Penn St, where you don't have to worry about defense, rebounding, etc.
the cat with two shots in one post. Glenn and Bobby say hi cat. They don't believe that you would say that if you didn't have cto backing you up.

Hey thanks everyone for all the info in all these threads. I can lose track of recruiting for a few weeks and come to the board and be caught back up after a couple hours if reading and watching clips. Its really great and keeps the excitement level for the future at an all time high.

Hey thanks everyone for all the info in all these threads. I can lose track of recruiting for a few weeks and come to the board and be caught back up after a couple hours if reading and watching clips. Its really great and keeps the excitement level for the future at an all time high.

I second that, I just stumbled on this site earlier this week and am a better man for it. I have never felt more plugged in to Cuse hoops in all my life. Love reading up on the recruits. I didn't think it was possible to be a bigger Cuse fan than I was, but, I now see I was sooooo wrong.

I second that, I just stumbled on this site earlier this week and am a better man for it. I have never felt more plugged in to Cuse hoops in all my life. Love reading up on the recruits. I didn't think it was possible to be a bigger Cuse fan than I was, but, I now see I was sooooo wrong.
Like a kid in a candy store. I know what you mean. Took all too long to discover this site, but so glad I found it. Listen to Mr. Francis drop some knowledge that will make your recruiting head spin, and enjoy the ride!

Like a kid in a candy store. I know what you mean. Took all too long to discover this site, but so glad I found it. Listen to Mr. Francis drop some knowledge that will make your recruiting head spin, and enjoy the ride!
My knowledge comes from Jerry's crystal ball though. LVL7lolpup.gif

I suggested "Rotten," as in Johnny "Rotten" Lydon. Or maybe "The Pistol," referencing The s e x Pistols and Lydon.
Rotten is a great choice . . . use PiL's "Rise" as his theme song

play angry, Tyler

Last edited:
Some knowledge for you. The only person you ever need to listen to here... is me.

I don't know how I even found this site, but now I realize how empty my life was when i didn't stalk high school kids. I feel like some of these kids would be scared to know how much some of our guys here know about them... Francis ;)

I don't know how I even found this site, but now I realize how empty my life was when i didn't stalk high school kids. I feel like some of these kids would be scared to know how much some of our guys here know about them... Francis ;)
Lol it's strictly b-ball on this side buddy. I know as much as you do about their personal life unless something becomes public. It's always great watching the progression of youngins in HS develop into stars on the next level.

Just wait until you get invited to join the pay side. Wow! Enjoy.

You stumbled onto One Eyed Willys' pirate ship bud. This place is a treasure.

Anyone else think that Lydon could wind up the stud of this class if he pulls a Melo and puts on a good 20 pounds late before getting here? I think when he gets stronger and fills out he will be ready to contribute plus he has the type of game to get you efficient points without being the focul point.

Last edited:
jordoo said:
Anyone else think that Lydon could wind up the stud of this class if he pulls a Melo and puts on a good 20 pounds late before getting here? I think when he gets stronger and fills out he will be ready to contribute plus he has the type of game to get you efficient points without being the focul point.

I'm thinking a Chandler Parsons type player

I'm thinking a Chandler Parsons type player

I'd say as far as skills that is a pretty good comparison although Tyler looks to be more athletic so he may have a bigger upside and the possibility to be more dynamic. Of course realizing that upside is no given and i,'d take a parsons career in a second.

Anyway this kid could have a Hansborough college career ceiling?

This kid really reminds me of hansborough... If he could put some serious weight on.

Anyway this kid could have a Hansborough college career ceiling?

Hansborough was an inside player mainly, banger hustler good post player but with a super duper motor. Lydon looks to be a more skilled perimeter player and not close to the banger Hansborough was. Different players.

I know this has been said and covered here but its still awesome. This kid basically wanted to play at SU worked really hard and waited until we offered then pulled the trigger pretty much right away. Makes him one of my favorites right away.