Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

I know this has been said and covered here but its still awesome. This kid basically wanted to play at SU worked really hard and waited until we offered then pulled the trigger pretty much right away. Makes him one of my favorites right away.
It's an intangible hard to quantify which makes him different from a kid we had to b*** to get here.

Think along the lines of Rautins, MacPherson etc.

Anyway this kid could have a Hansborough college career ceiling?
Don't think so. Hansbrough is one of the best players all-time in UNC history. He was mostly an inside guy who could step out and hit a 15-18 footer. Lydon has deeper range but doesn't have the post moves and inside tenacity (as of yet). Hansbrough weighed about 250 though. Don't see their games a similar, and someone who puts in 4 years of work like Hansbrough doesn't come around too often.

Hansborough was an inside player mainly, banger hustler good post player but with a super duper motor. Lydon looks to be a more skilled perimeter player and not close to the banger Hansborough was. Different players.
He's a tougher version of Parsons imho.

If Lydon can somehow get up to 225-230 lbs by the time he gets to the hill, look out!

... what? do you remember tyler hansbrough
I don't know, perhaps it was just seeing a white guy dunking so effortlessly.

Most white people playing high major college basketball can't dunk, so makes sense.

That's clearly not what I was trying to say. Keep the sarcasm to your self. I was referring to the fact that he looks so effortless in his elevating that maybe someday if he put on serious weight he could develop some skill in the post, though that's not why we recruited him.

I played basketball to stay and shape and I've been able to dunk since I was 16. I'm not saying it's surprising because he's white.

That's clearly not what I was trying to say. Keep the sarcasm to your self. I was referring to the fact that he looks so effortless in his elevating that maybe someday if he put on serious weight he could develop some skill in the post, though that's not why we recruited him.

I played basketball to stay and shape and I've been able to dunk since I was 16. I'm not saying it's surprising because he's white.
i need to see video evidence. Esp. if you're white.

i need to see video evidence. Esp. if you're white.

I'll take a video once I start running again. College has ways of...geiting a guy out of shape quickly during winter.

I'll take that. Parsons can definitely ball. Made some huge improvements heading into his senior season and with the Rockets.
Parsons can definitely ball especially on the offensive side of things. Lydon can not only score, but he's a glass cleaner and can block/alter a high number of shots in the paint as well.

Bjorn needs to weigh in on this ASAP.

Sadly I think we must give up hope for his return. In the mean time I am still waiting for a response letter from Disney for the chemical make-up of flubber. If so, a few of us could find excuses to go back to SU for additional degrees and use some eligibility right? Even if for the occassional late game, taking off from the 3pt line dunk?

White guy's are always compared to White Guys, but how about A taller Wes Johnson?

But, but Tyler is white!

Seriously though that seems a decent comparison. Shot-blocking rebounder who can shoot the 3. Few will match Wes athletically no matter what their color but at least on tape Tyler has impressed athletically.