Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Also a Team Final member and what makes his upside so intriguing is his ball handling abilities at 6'6/6'7. Already has a high IQ for the game with the rock.

Also a Team Final member and what makes his upside so intriguing is his ball handling abilities at 6'6/6'7. Already has a high IQ for the game with the rock.

Is he older than his class?

Great to hear about Tyus, but the real reason I'm replying is to tell you that I love your avatar.

Writeup from this past weekend' Cancer Research Classic (Wheeling, West Virginia) from ESPN:

"Battle is oh-so-efficient

There’s a big difference between scoring and knowing how to score. Freshman wing Tyus Battle (Edison, N.J./Gill St. Bernard’s) is skilled in the discipline of shooting.

Rarely do you see a senior, much less a freshman, effortlessly knock down skilled jump shots. I’m talking about one-dribble pull-ups where he uses the glass, deep catch-and-shoots and sly midrange shots. For lack of a more appropriate term, he was beautiful to watch.

Battle was the best player and prospect on the floor in a game with a teammate going to Northwestern and a talented DeMatha (Md.) opponent. He finished with a crisp 17 points (7-of-12 FG, 3-of-3 on 3s). SMU and Xavier were here to see him. Good luck, fellas. This guy smells every bit like an elite high-major prospect.

Given all the talent in the gym over two days, Battle’s game was the prettiest to watch and laced with more pure perimeter skill than any other player in the gym. And the kid is a freshman!"

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-telep/post?id=3062

I really like the sound of this guy. Would be a great 2 in our system and a killer at the top of the zone if he shows any intensity on D. And he'll probably be 7'4" by the time he arrives. His handle is impressive.

Anyone willing to handicap our odds of landing him?

I really like the sound of this guy. Would be a great 2 in our system and a killer at the top of the zone if he shows any intensity on D. And he'll probably be 7'4" by the time he arrives. His handle is impressive.

Anyone willing to handicap our odds of landing him?
Too early to tell as he's only a freshman, but I do believe that we'll be strongly in the mix throughout.

Hopefully Calipari is bored at UK and leaves before this kid blows up bigtime...

Battle made the 12 man USA U16 team today. Thomas Bryant and Derrick Jones were other SU targets trying to earn spots as well but unfortunately didn't make the team.
Surprised about the other two guys as I think both Bryant and Jones have a lot to offer. Still, Battle, 6'6 or so with a handle is an impressive prospect. He's going to blow up this year. Still at GSB, Francis?

Surprised about the other two guys as I think both Bryant and Jones have a lot to offer. Still, Battle, 6'6 or so with a handle is an impressive prospect. He's going to blow up this year. Still at GSB, Francis?
Mistake on my part with that post I deleted. It was only a prediction for the rosters that I read somewhere and thought it was official but the announcement for the roster will be made tomorrow. Hopefully all 3 make the team tomorrow. Battle is still at GSB but I've heard that he might transfer for next season.

Mistake on my part with that post I deleted. It was only a prediction for the rosters that I read somewhere and thought it was official but the announcement for the roster will be made tomorrow. Hopefully all 3 make the team tomorrow. Battle is still at GSB but I've heard that he might transfer for next season.
Hopefully to RC! :)
All good about the other guys, maybe Bryant and Jones still make it.

Hopefully to RC! :)
All good about the other guys, maybe Bryant and Jones still make it.
http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/u16/13_mu16_finalists.html
List chopped to 16 and final 12 will be announced tomorrow. Bryant makes the cut but Battle and Jones didn't. I read that the wings and bigs position are very deep, so these cuts had to be tough for the coaches to make. Herman Harried and GMac are voters for the squad. PG's that made the cut Bryant Crawford and Mustapha Heron, have also had interest from SU.

Kind of reminds me of our old friend Julius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom